Sakebee

Third Open Beta This Weekend

I just popped random stream,

zz777Oa.jpg

On a Intel Core i7-9700K and RTX 2070? ahaha

I still feel that input lag is higher than in LIVE.

I can barely aim at someone, maybe it's the 16:9 resolution. I don't like 16:9 resolutions for competitive games.

Edited by Uhtdred

44 minutes ago, Resine said:

zz777Oa.jpg

I've heard that shadows are killing fps. Gonna check later

I know we said "Put the FPS counter away", but I'm getting 25-45 FPS in mission districts with only 40% CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) and 35% GPU (RX 580) usage, and it regularily goes above 50 ms frame times, only in mission districts tho. Social is completely fine, I'm getting between 60-140 FPS there.

EDIT : In fight club I'm getting pretty much the same, if not better FPS than last beta.

Edited by Catgorl

2 hours ago, Catgorl said:

I know we said "Put the FPS counter away", but I'm getting 25-45 FPS in mission districts with only 40% CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) and 35% GPU (RX 580) usage, and it regularily goes above 50 ms frame times, only in mission districts tho. Social is completely fine, I'm getting between 60-140 FPS there.

Just wait for some idiot to point out that it's only beta.

I don't want to be mean or anything but all Matt's chart are complete bullshoot. How is it possible that you test it and you get god like FPS but every beta we get 30FPS? Something not right here.

Edited by Resine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ComFeyer said:

we're doing a few changes and restarts. we should be back up and running in 5-10 minutes

What about removal of the STAR 556 Deadeye?

• Like 2

"we ask that you put away your FPS counter for now and focus on the feel of the client over raw numbers."

feels pretty shit because of the 30 fps marty

• Like 2

I played some Social and Waterfront and I really like it, really nice lightning and colouring with a smooth framerate, so spikelags at all.

What I don't like is that I cannot wheelie with the Vegas anymore, that's so sad 😞

Edit: I just moved around an empty map without doing any missions or fights at all, so my "smooth framerate" experience is just based on that.

Edited by FranGT

is the servers still open or did I miss it? It wont let me steam login

Steam login doesnt work, got it

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

is the servers still open or did I miss it? It wont let me steam login

Steam login has never worked on the test environments

It's even in the known issues I think

14 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Rough start on Open Beta #3. We're looking at mission problems and removing some guns that shouldn't have been available. Bear with us.

Thanks,

Matt

update posted by matt himself on beta test 

57 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Steam login has never worked on the test environments

It's even in the known issues I think

it's why i crossed it out, because i had forgotten that.

53 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

update posted by matt himself on beta test 

thank goodness lol

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

i just finish download and u close dist like cmon..how long?

they are back up already

back to LIVE.... it's feels so much better than 2.1

there's like 3x more people in NA LIVE than in NA beta.

I guess everyone thinks beta is not working well....

Like i said before, my game shutters, laggs.

So, what did they do the whole time???

Do I need to create a new blank account in this beta realm?

Just curious as I can't seem to be able to login...

Edited by Chinook

5 hours ago, Resine said:

Just wait for some idiot to point out that it's only beta.

I don't want to be mean or anything but all Matt's chart are complete bullshoot. How is it possible that you test it and you get god like FPS but every beta we get 30FPS? Something not right here.

Its called going from a small group of "testers" that put no stress on the server to having afew hundred ppl putting more stress then the server can handle. It could be a cheapo server that cant handle much or it could be a problem with the new engine itself but regardless of whichever one it is it needs to be fixed before launch.

I'm running Bootcamp on a 27 inch iMac. My specs are i5 9600, 40gb ram, and a RX 580 GPU.

I was getting pretty consistent 60-70fps on Financial. about 2440p resolution, Medium graphics. When I would take damage and recover, there was a second little "screen" which looked like a damage layer mirroring the full screen. Dont really know how to describe it.

Couple stutters early on but they went away after I drove around the district.

The escape menu text was jittering around/flashing which was very odd, after I made graphics modifications.

Finally, when I was running around I was getting weird lighting artifacts, just like looked kind of like spotlights moving around my character.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Its called going from a small group of "testers" that put no stress on the server to having afew hundred ppl putting more stress then the server can handle. It could be a cheapo server that cant handle much or it could be a problem with the new engine itself but regardless of whichever one it is it needs to be fixed before launch.

It's not server fps people complain however, or is it?

It's just that the game runs like a pile of garbage. You're lucky to get occasional 60 fps on any setting with a rig that used to be able to run apb at 100+ fps 5 years back in time...

And when it doesn't run at any stable fps at all, it makes the controls and thus the game itself feel inconsistent and horrible.

Merged.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2266913708

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2266913385

Kicked quality back up beyond high... Well, clicked high and then fiddled around with various advanced settings. And it runs fairly decently unopposed. It just has murderous dips into low-fps at times when it matters most... Stable 50 fps is beyond hope.

1 hour ago, Master Erick said:

When I would take damage and recover, there was a second little "screen" which looked like a damage layer mirroring the full screen. Dont really know how to describe it.

This happened after you changed the resolution?

I'm sorry to inform, but it runs like garbage.

If you put any of your settings towards allowing you to enjoy other people's character and car designs, the performance is shit, or worse.

It is so much worse than live, that I can't fathom at this point whether or not engine upgrade is worth the time spent. I really really hope it is, but at this point it just doesn't show up to be.

I managed to play without any disconnects tonight while livestreaming it too. It went pretty smooth, however I was unable to make OBS to capture only the APB window.

Maybe it was a fluke. Any other streamer had the same problem?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 6:12 AM, Resine said:

zz777Oa.jpg

c8eWG0Y.png

i9-9900k and GTX 1080