Sakebee

Third Open Beta This Weekend

10 minutes ago, StrelitziaDeWitt said:

Not downloading for me.

For those who are having trouble, could you describe what is happening in more detail? What are you seeing? Do you get an error? What specifically doesn't work?

EDIT - For those having trouble with the link, here is the full URL: http://apb.patch.beta.gamersfirst.com/APB_Beta_Installer.exe

I have confirmed that navigating to that address starts the download on my system. You may have to copy and paste or right click and save as if simply clicking the link does not work. If these workarounds do not solve things for you, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Hopefully the EU will bring population back. LO must work hard in order to fix years of damage caused by G1/RP.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

For those who are having trouble, could you describe what is happening in more detail? What are you seeing? Do you get an error? What specifically doesn't work?

EDIT - For those having trouble with the link, here is the full URL: http://apb.patch.beta.gamersfirst.com/APB_Beta_Installer.exe

I have confirmed that navigating to that address starts the download on my system. You may have to copy and paste or right click and save as if simply clicking the link does not work. If these workarounds do not solve things for you, please let me know.

Thanks!

this is the issue

SMtb5C3.png

chrome blocks it

Edited by MonkaS

1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

chrome blocks it

Using Chrome in 2020, top kek.

download speed wants to be better I have 2 GB of Internet speed, GTA 5 per hour I download, and here 200-400KB / s

12 hours ago, MonkaS said:

this is the issue

SMtb5C3.png

chrome blocks it

The server is sending the file without using encryption, which Chrome thinks is unsafe because he always tries to go to https by default, and I think it's looking for the gamersfirst website certificate. Just click "Keep".

Replacing "http" with "https" made it throw a security error for me on Firefox because of this, but I am able to get the file just fine without encryption.

Edited by Catgorl

So i already downloaded and i was able to start it. At the game menu it is still lagging for me like before.

Here is my System Information:

cc3a39e1840b7a526d3505cc0af06068.png

Graphics:  Radeon (TM) RX 480

🙁

3 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

So i already downloaded and i was able to start it. At the game menu it is still lagging for me like before.

How are you surprised by this? The menu/title screen would be the last (or near last) thing they'd bother optimizing if their development priorities are in order. Especially if they're still intending to just replace it with the original (or similar to original) one.

20 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Thanks!

Welp that link worked.

Looks like I am coming back just in time. Hope that i can get to the menus at least this time.

Btw the link only works if I copy-paste it in a new window. Clicking it closes it automatically. 

3 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

There's an odd bug Ive noticed that if I do not have steam running the login scene hitches, but smooth if the steam login button is there. Its very odd. Point is anyway that I wouldn't judge overall performance on that menu alone 🙂

On 10/22/2020 at 2:15 PM, Spy said:

Just out of curiosity, will progress made on the beta be added to the main account?

they copy your live character over to beta server so no.

5 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

Here is my System Information:

cc3a39e1840b7a526d3505cc0af06068.png

Graphics:  Radeon (TM) RX 480

🙁

upgrade to intel and nvidia, they are actually made for gaming unlike AMD/ATI.

1 hour ago, Motorola said:

they copy your live character over to beta server so no.

upgrade to intel and nvidia, they are actually made for gaming unlike AMD/ATI.

in case u didnt know, amd 5000 series are all better than new intel cpus (for gaming AND productivity).

amd  RX 6900xt will be also better than 3070/ 3080 but with a lower price. Hell, even RX 6800 XT will be better than 3080.

🙂

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

in case u didnt know, amd 5000 series are all better than new intel cpus (for gaming AND productivity).

amd  RX 6900xt will be also better than 3070/ 3080 but with a lower price. Hell, even RX 6800 XT will be better than 3080.

🙂

Don't worry some people are still stuck living in 2010, it makes them feel good about themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashn said:

This link doesn't even work

Right click it and save target or open in a new tab. Those worked for me.

3 hours ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

Download 9GB content with 278kb/s, good job!

If you don't think you'll make it in time, just use one of the links I posted before. Those links will give you a zipped copy of the entire game folder

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Right click it and save target or open in a new tab. Those worked for me.

If you don't think you'll make it in time, just use one of the links I posted before. Those links will give you a zipped copy of the entire game folder

Omg, ty so much!! Why would they don’t do that at the first place ffs

40 minutes ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

Omg, ty so much!! Why would they don’t do that at the first place ffs

They shouldn't, they have the launcher which downloads the files.

I just know that sometimes the speeds can be a bit lacking so figured this could help out

1 minute ago, YEEEZZ said:

no log in possible

seeing more and more people log in, give it a few minutes and then try again. let us know if it works then

2 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

seeing more and more people log in, give it a few minutes and then try again. let us know if it works then

alright, gonna do that

Managed to log in, got in a mission but server booted me few minutes later.

we're doing a few changes and restarts. we should be back up and running in 5-10 minutes