Sakebee

Third Open Beta This Weekend

Hey everyone,

We have our third Open Beta test the weekend of the 24th! This build includes major improvements like the inclusion of all districts and the removal of our previous AVX requirements. It is also the first step towards transitioning the 2.1 client to live. If you would like more details on this week’s test or our thoughts on moving forward with 2.1, please head over to our website: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2020/10/21/third-open-beta.

http://apb.patch.beta.gamersfirst.com/APB_Beta_Installer.exe

**Do to some necessary changes that we had to make to which districts are available, creating any new characters will not be possible. Please use your Live accounts and your already existing characters for this Open Beta period.**

See you there!

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

See you there!

bold

cool

Great 🙂

Looks like we will finally have a look at mission districts 🙂 Excited a lot to drive around and see the new visuals.

By the looks of it we may be able to play on EU APB as main quite sooner then expected.

I hope the road ahead will be smooth 👍

• Like 2

Very glad to see that the schedule panned out in order for this to happen this weekend [I'm really hoping that the work done between now and the last beta will smooth things out performance wise and it will be hunky dory... I know, I know, my expectations are supposed to be tempered, but I can't help it 🙂 ]

I am curious about if it will be open nonstop for these dates of will it be several hours each day.

Anyway, thanks LO for your work getting this darn thing on it's way to finally be finished ezgif-2-89fbe7cdc5fc.gif

• Like 2

This should be my first beta, just wondering how the beta will play with RTX cards? I have a RTX 3080 (crazy I know) and just wondering if there are any known issues so far? If not is there anything I should be keeping an out for when testing to report? 

Also good work everyone for pumping out so much progress on the engine upgrade 🙂

Edited by Dean Hall

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

"Contacting Login Server . . ." part 3, "LIVE" in 2 days.

Did you have issues in #2? Over 500 people came to it and I didn't hear much of anything about login issues

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acornie said:

I am curious about if it will be open nonstop for these dates of will it be several hours each day.

from the wording in the newsletter and blog this will be nonstop.

• Thanks 3

Is it normal that my Beta launcher is re-downloading 6GB? It created a new "Client2.1.0.834943" folder within my Beta APB install folder.

30 minutes ago, MarshallRawR said:

Is it normal that my Beta launcher is re-downloading 6GB? It created a new "Client2.1.0.834943" folder within my Beta APB install folder.

yes, that is intended behavior. it's downloading the latest files.

44 minutes ago, MarshallRawR said:

I'd assume given this is a beta, they wouldn't have it set up in a way that lets you patch over the previous beta. Possibly to reduce the work needed to push it out, and prevent potential issues that may arise from patching one beta to a new version without having that part figured out just yet.

Where can we download the client? I don't see any links.

Jericho players, please fill up financial FIRST, and then we can go try waterfront.

but please, financial first.

😄

Edited by Uhtdred

28 minutes ago, Ellix said:

Is Baylan open too ?

imagine waiting for years to play the new engine in financial or waterfront and asking "is baylan open?"

okay

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Where can we download the client? I don't see any links.

You can download the beta client here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just out of curiosity, will progress made on the beta be added to the main account?

4 minutes ago, Spy said:

Just out of curiosity, will progress made on the beta be added to the main account?

No, duh ...

Different server, different database, ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sakebee said:

You can download the beta client here.

Link doesn't seem to work for me.

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

Should people run into very slow speeds on the launcher, I'm offering 2 download options to a zipped copy of the latest Beta build (fully clean).

Cheers!

1 minute ago, thelinux said:

Link doesn't seem to work for me.

Clicking it normally seems to fail for me as well, but right clicking and opening in a new tab works for me

• Like 1