Sign in to follow this  
Lign

Item/point/graffiti final stages rework

An overtime situation is very unbalanced for those who finally took over the game in their hands because a side that have more points needs just to spamm F upon the item or push over the point and make it neutral.

How it could be fixed:

Remove overtime completely but freeze the stage timer when someone grabs the item or takes a point or graffiti. So every side needs to get to the maximum points the stage requires to win a mission and no overtime or buffing stage timer is needed. For missions with point hold make the timer unfreezing everytime when the point turns neutral.

This could easily push missions well beyond any desired play time, Overtime is meant to give a losing team a chance to come back, if you need to make it into overtime, then your team was most likely underperforming.

How about adding a 5-10 second timer from when item objectives change teams, to when points start to count up again? That way teams can't just run in and press F during overtime to win.

6 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

This could easily push missions well beyond any desired play time, Overtime is meant to give a losing team a chance to come back, if you need to make it into overtime, then your team was most likely underperforming.

How about adding a 5-10 second timer from when item objectives change teams, to when points start to count up again? That way teams can't just run in and press F during overtime to win.

The mission won't be going forever because the timer will still be there until an item is taken by one of the the side. You can't make item neutral again when someone grabs it and a mission will be finished when one of the side reaches 120 points. Same goes for graffiti. You can't make it neutral back. But you can make points neutral on point hold final stage and that's the reason why I suggest to unfreeze timer whenever point turns neutral

Edited by Lign

not sure i want overtime to be anything beyond last ditch extra time

i would like 3 point hold overtime changed so that the leading team has to fully capture 2 points to win instead of the current capture 1 and neutralize 1

7 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

not sure i want overtime to be anything beyond last ditch extra time

i would like 3 point hold overtime changed so that the leading team has to fully capture 2 points to win instead of the current capture 1 and neutralize 1

Tbh, I would rather remove neutrality of points but make capturing longer and again, no overtime, the mission is won by a team that reaches a match point

4 minutes ago, Lign said:

Tbh, I would rather remove neutrality of points but make capturing longer and again, no overtime, the mission is won by a team that reaches a match point

i honestly have no idea what you mean then, you want missions to only be decided based on obj points and not mission timer?

it doesnt seem like it would solve anything other than people spamming F on item hold missions, but even that wouldnt really change depending on what each team's point values are

1 minute ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

i honestly have no idea what you mean then, you want missions to only be decided based on obj points and not mission timer?

it doesnt seem like it would solve anything other than people spamming F on item hold missions, but even that wouldnt really change depending on what each team's point values are

Yes, I want missions to be decided only on obj points. It will solve f spamming. Yes the enemy can come and grab item, but mission won’t end up with his winning like it usually happens on overtime. You will

have a chance to retake it again 

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Yes, I want missions to be decided only on obj points. It will solve f spamming. Yes the enemy can come and grab item, but mission won’t end up with his winning like it usually happens on overtime. You will

have a chance to retake it again 

i guess it seems reasonable

all the final stage point maximums will probably need changing, along with lots of fine tuning to make sure missions aren't too short if one side gets an early lead and not too long if both sides are going back and forth

2 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

i guess it seems reasonable

all the final stage point maximums will probably need changing, along with lots of fine tuning to make sure missions aren't too short if one side gets an early lead and not too long if both sides are going back and forth

120 points for each side is not a short final stage. Overtime usually begins when one of the side has 60-80 points in my mind when you grab an item. 

Edited by Lign

20 minutes ago, Lign said:

120 points for each side is not a short final stage. Overtime usually begins when one of the side has 60-80 points in my mind when you grab an item. 

i was more thinking for 3 point hold final stages but things would be fine if the neutral points mechanic was removed

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

Overtime is fine, maybe some minor adjustments can be made in some areas.