Sign in to follow this  
R3ACT3M

Pop shooting

If you don't know what it is, its when someone crouches behind cover and pops up really quick to take a shot then crouches back down.

I was playing cs:go for the first time in years (as a sh!tpost with a friend) and since apb was the only pvp game i played a lot of recently. Naturally I tried pop shooting someone.

And discovered something this game needs to do to address this.

Simply make crouching and standing slower. 

Or like other games ive seen just make it slower the more the person tries to do it in a row.

CSGO haven't got crouch penalty back in the days, this exact issue were working there and valve quickly responded this by slow down the crouch/standing. 

I agree with this suggestion, due to APB's problematic coding as LO says, looks not possible for live game. Maybe in the future?

This is just part of the game and I think it adds more to it.

If you're getting killed that way you're likely to get killed by someone just holding the cover/corner anyway so it is something you should be playing around regardless of if there was a crouch change.

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you're getting killed that way you're likely to get killed by someone just holding the cover/corner anyway so it is something you should be playing around regardless of if there was a crouch change.

I generally do play around it, but it's just a silly mechanic that should be axed imo. 

4 hours ago, Araun said:

Grenade a day, keeps camper away.

Id be very surprised if your nade can kill them before they kill you.

21 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I generally do play around it, but it's just a silly mechanic that should be axed imo. 

Id be very surprised if your nade can kill them before they kill you.

If single explosion doesnt solve problem, multiple will. 
This game has OPGL for the exact reason, destroy people who are using area for their advantage. If someone blindly goes over and over and over and over again, its kinda...well..person own mistake.
Same goes to people who just could not comprehend idea of changing weapons to suit situation on hand.

Edited by Araun

i;m thinking of duck shooters now. you know those idoits that corch lean shoot you every time you see them

thats really annoying because that would make you stupidly inaccurate with a gun but here they can hit you like your a monster truck

7 hours ago, Araun said:

If single explosion doesnt solve problem, multiple will. 
This game has OPGL for the exact reason, destroy people who are using area for their advantage. If someone blindly goes over and over and over and over again, its kinda...well..person own mistake.
Same goes to people who just could not comprehend idea of changing weapons to suit situation on hand.

Ugh, suppose that would work. Kinda sucks that in apb you have to switch guns in order to win. You cant pick what you like to play.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:03 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Ugh, suppose that would work. Kinda sucks that in apb you have to switch guns in order to win. You cant pick what you like to play.

How do I keep winning without switching then.

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How do I keep winning without switching then.

im just going by what everyone else says, Id rather have a game where if you play your weapon's strengths you get the kill. But since SMG's can pretty much snipe its either play an smg or die.

9 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

im just going by what everyone else says, Id rather have a game where if you play your weapon's strengths you get the kill. But since SMG's can pretty much snipe its either play an smg or die.

Or you know...... whoever has the better skill. Weapon 'rock,paper,scisor' should only do so much to give an advantage.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, R3ACT3M said:

Bruh you gotta switch weps, you have to change wep depending on defending or attacking,long range-mid range-close range. Thats why we have all those weps dont we? 

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Or you know...... whoever has the better skill. Weapon 'rock,paper,scisor' should only do so much to give an advantage.

Then tell me why the oca (pmg not so much anymore) can snipe? Have you ever tried IR3 on the oca? Everyone is too much of a meta wh0re to even think about it, and it's even more op that cooling jacket.

2 hours ago, YangYui3 said:

Bruh you gotta switch weps, you have to change wep depending on defending or attacking,long range-mid range-close range. Thats why we have all those weps dont we? 

I have a nice variety of weapons but everyone has their preference. In just about every PVP shooter I LOVE shotguns. They simply are my favorite gun. I have played the JG , COLBY, STRIFE, THUMPER, that AA12 looking thing, NFAS, and True Ogre. I just like shotguns, and yes the need arises where you need to pull out that HVR or other marksman rifle for long range duties.

If APB had a higher population and an alternative way of leveling up, you would only see me on Financial because the map is more close to medium range with few long range areas. Meanwhile waterfront is for HVR, Obeya, and other rifles. 

Plus pop shooting seems more like an exploit than any sort of "gameplay mechanic". And im not saying that im sort of saint who never does anything wrong in apb cause I do popshots, medium obj movement exploit, faster getting into car exploit, putting shields on ladders, the list goes on. 

Im just saying that slowing crouches down so you don't instantly stand up and crouch would remove this exploit from the game.

Also what's sad about shotguns in this game is the corner peak issue. But that could easily be solved by making shotgun spread HUGE while in non marksman mode, then shrinking it way down IN marksman mode and giving a movement debuff. Wouldn't solve it 100% but it would make shotguns #1 issue even harder to perform while also keeping them relevant.

9 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Then tell me why the oca (pmg not so much anymore) can snipe? Have you ever tried IR3 on the oca? Everyone is too much of a meta wh0re to even think about it, and it's even more op that cooling jacket.

This is bait.

I think it should stay, feels good when you land a kill while someone's doing that when you had a 0.3 second window.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:48 AM, Zolerox said:

I think it should stay, feels good when you land a kill while someone's doing that when you had a 0.3 second window.

true, rare, but true

On 10/25/2020 at 12:12 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This is bait.

howso? 

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Either you're trolling or an idiot.

Neither. Before the oca buff i used ir3 against the once broken pmg

Edited by R3ACT3M

Yeah just slow down the animation on consecutive key presses and promote actual skill lmao.

Edited by _chain
grammer

Just now, _chain said:

Yeah just slow down the animation on consecutive key presses and promote actual skill lmao.

Then what will we do about shotgun corner popping The same principle, Very low exposure time maximum damage.

29 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Then what will we do about shotgun corner popping The same principle, Very low exposure time maximum damage.

put glue on the corners of every wall, i don't know, what do i look like, an oracle? hahahaha

there's things in this game that are abusable anyways. this one in particular also relates to another problem: the good old crouch spamming. isn't that one annoying as well?

i can't say much about the corner popping because it's not only related to shotguns, you can do essentially the same thing with sub-machineguns, ARs... with less ''returning to cover'' and the same amount of killing (even though i only play CSG, you caught me there)

Edited by _chain
gremmer

12 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I had a simple idea for that, make all shotguns behave similarly to the thumper (but more drastic) then slow down movement when aiming.