PepeHands

I rerolled in bronze

I was curious if anything has changed. I created a new character and started playing in bronze pretending that I'm new. I didn't sprint at all, couldn't aim. To make everyone take the bait but I quickly realized that even with this low population no one really cares about this game's future. I played around 15 missions and there was literally not one time where I was not getting farmed. If I was a new player you can bet I would be long gone. Like most.

Now did I expect different outcome? Lol no. This is 2020 mentality on pair with crying how predatory or bad some studio is but giving them $100 on the next ocasion. There's no such thing (mostly) as responsible gamers.

I really hope that the new matchmaking will take care of the new blood because without it this game won't grow and without a bigger /pop you can bet the plug will be pulled fast.

TLDR: if you farm bronzes don't cry that this game is where it is.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

inb4 excuses for Bronze farming:

"Matchmaking is broken anyway."

"All Golds cheat."

"I just wanna fool around while high/drunk and not play seriously."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MrChan said:

inb4 excuses for Bronze farming:

"Matchmaking is broken anyway."

"All Golds cheat."

"I just wanna fool around while high/drunk and not play seriously."

I can play in bronze to chill but still let bronzes/new players kill me and win. But yeah inb4 "there's no way to prove someone is new and this thread is the example"

At this point who cares... NA is lucky to have one district a day and sometimes its a bronze district.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

At this point who cares... NA is lucky to have one district a day and sometimes its a bronze district.

I think that it's a good time to start caring more about new players than your own good time

• Like 3

meanwhile... if you create a new char and you win 4 missions in a row, you become silver and the next day you will automatically moved to silver district, where you are going to face veterans that have been playing this game since 2011 and have 7k+ hours played. This has to change, it can't continue like this...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PepeHands said:

I think that it's a good time to start caring more about new players than your own good time

He does have a point in that the time to do something about it with the current tools available was at least 3 years ago.

EU and cross-district match making will solve everything. Or else we're fucked.

49 minutes ago, PepeHands said:

I cant speak for how good or bad you are, or how good or bad your opp was
regardless, people are struggling to be able to play at all

my only point was that, on Jericho, it doesn't matter anymore, there's no old players, there's no new players... only the void

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

my only point was that, on Jericho, it doesn't matter anymore, there's no old players, there's no new players... only the void

Jericho worked for that many years. I remember comments about Jericho from year or two ago how there is "elite no cheating veterans only" there.

Look to what it brought.

Not like I'm defending Citadel - it's heading straight into exactly the same direction and I'm scared of that.

Edited by Mitne

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I cant speak for how good or bad you are, or how good or bad your opp was
regardless, people are struggling to be able to play at all

Yeah, and how do you think it got to that point?

Too many players in this game just come up with excuses rather than address the actual problem.

When I started, I think 7-8 years ago, admittedly the state of the game was better with more people online, however the situation in both bronze and silver districts wasn't much different than today. My friends and I were getting constantly farmed by higher ranks and better players. Yes, there were players who would buy you cars, themes, mods, send Armas gifts, give useful tips, but there are some kind and generous people today too. More or less, we all went through the same process, those who really liked the game, stayed, despite all nuisances APB comes with. I do not think those dethreaters have the impact on the game population as much as people think they do, considering the fact there were a lot of them back in time when population numbers were actually increasing (I think 2014).

Lately, given the silver district is almost dead, a lot of silver district players play in bronze on their freshly made, throw-away accounts, 9 from 10 Trainees you will see are re-rolls, playing as you'd expect a silver district gold player to play. Some of them are well-known silver district APB players, as well. On the other hand, when there are no active bronze districts, which occasionally happens too, everyone plays in silver districts and gets the same treatment, whether they are new, re-roll or just plain silver, same as they did even before the (in)famous threat segregation. Generally speaking, the mentality of players is the same, regardless of the district, new or less-skilled players are treated by the majority in the same way, and certainly you have older, experienced players who rather behave sportingly in both districts and treat them differently. 

I firmly believe new players mostly leave for other issues APB is dealing with. Some stay though, yet not quite often. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, n0vaxp2 said:

Too many players in this game just come up with excuses rather than address the actual problem.

That's all well and good, but theres no one left so I see no reason half the pop should be unable to play 

23 hours ago, PepeHands said:

I was curious if anything has changed. I created a new character and started playing in bronze pretending that I'm new. I didn't sprint at all, couldn't aim. To make everyone take the bait but I quickly realized that even with this low population no one really cares about this game's future. I played around 15 missions and there was literally not one time where I was not getting farmed. If I was a new player you can bet I would be long gone. Like most.

Now did I expect different outcome? Lol no. This is 2020 mentality on pair with crying how predatory or bad some studio is but giving them $100 on the next ocasion. There's no such thing (mostly) as responsible gamers.

I really hope that the new matchmaking will take care of the new blood because without it this game won't grow and without a bigger /pop you can bet the plug will be pulled fast.

TLDR: if you farm bronzes don't cry that this game is where it is.

if its possible to 'farm bronzes' then people will do it... thats just how life works.. whatever can be abused will be always. The devs need to create a system that doesnt allow for this type of abuse... and thats what we call 'balancing'....

Its funny you say that. I was fighting a bronze 1v1 and i didn’t want to be a banana and shit stomp the guy cause he was obviously new. So i did my best to display how an experienced player moves without killing him. I was then messaged in spanish something along the lines of “sit down fat b!tch”. Thats when i gave no mercy. And showed him the true apb spirit.

but earlier i ran across a bronze and took the time to tell him/her everything the need to know about the game that the tutorial doesn't tell them. 

So its an unfortunate truth that many people who play apb use it to fuel their ego.

• Like 1

LO plan is clear - attract new players that will create new player base. You can be elito veteranito, no one cares, you wont bring apb back

On 10/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Motorola said:

if its possible to 'farm bronzes' then people will do it... thats just how life works.. whatever can be abused will be always. The devs need to create a system that doesnt allow for this type of abuse... and thats what we call 'balancing'....

Yup that's exactly what I've said

On 10/22/2020 at 3:49 PM, R3ACT3M said:

So its an unfortunate truth that many people who play apb use it to fuel their ego.

when i face bronzes and silvers i just try to get the mission over with as fast as possible... its not fun for me and im sure its not fun for them. this is a problem the devs need to fix... not us.

its not fun facing grouped veteran players with brand new players on my team either... i usually exit the client and restart. this is a problem the devs need to fix...

first of all it shouldnt match grouped players vs solo players but atm we dont have the pop to change that so whatever... but if they are serious about attracting and building a new playerbase they really need to focus on the matchmaking groups and solo players and new vs veterans.

7 hours ago, Motorola said:

when i face bronzes and silvers i just try to get the mission over with as fast as possible... its not fun for me and im sure its not fun for them. this is a problem the devs need to fix... not us.

its not fun facing grouped veteran players with brand new players on my team either... i usually exit the client and restart. this is a problem the devs need to fix...

first of all it shouldnt match grouped players vs solo players but atm we dont have the pop to change that so whatever... but if they are serious about attracting and building a new playerbase they really need to focus on the matchmaking groups and solo players and new vs veterans.

I just thought of a solution to the dreaded 1v1 matches. Simply put into place a system or code or what ever to also make the last person who didn't do /abandonmission or force leave them so that way it doesn't happen.

I recently saw a  player, And I am not sure of the name. Because GOD forbid we would not want to name and shame. Diarrea in the eye and  and  other player with a name just as foul or worse. But dont name or shame them. It like the whole politcal field sadly.

You have NONE Pieces of garbage, But somehow its OK.

LO you have it all wrong, focus on the game and do not even get involved in all taht nonsense. You Make it worse on your self. WE don't care. It is a game. 

AND BTW these ppl that cry about dethreaters, are the worst offenders. They make new characters like the afore mentioned.

It really is such BS.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 12:30 AM, n0vaxp2 said:

How should players adress actual problems if devs don't give a fu about them.

Just saying... i'm also often pissed from things in APB and thats okay.

We should be happy that actual devs care about problems! 

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

How should players adress actual problems if devs don't give a fu about them.

Just saying... i'm also often pissed from things in APB and thats okay.

We should be happy that actual devs care about problems! 

It's just a matter of giving a fuck and using a bit of brain. Not like I expect it... 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I just thought of a solution to the dreaded 1v1 matches. Simply put into place a system or code or what ever to also make the last person who didn't do /abandonmission or force leave them so that way it doesn't happen.

Alternatively, do the simpler thing of just removing unopposed missions entirely. They serve no purpose (you can't get any rewards or progress), but cause so many problems.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, CookiePuss said:

At this point who cares...

This coming from SPCT

On 10/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, PepeHands said:

Ive been saying this for yrs. This community is too toxic to care about anyone but themselves tho so nothing changes.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Alternatively, do the simpler thing of just removing unopposed missions entirely. They serve no purpose (you can't get any rewards or progress), but cause so many problems.

Do that on top of my thing

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Or remove friendly fire on unopposed. Some people are willing to wait every stage and TK anyone who do the obj. Sometimes that might take even 20 minutes of wasted time lol.

It's more effective to wait on the drop and have less stages till the end but some will go as far as 99 4 objectives and patrol them like a maniac