xB00Mx

PLEASE, Bring the GOOD old APB back...

Where are the old old APB fans here ? who doesn't remember this glorious log in screen ? i just stumbled upon it on youtube and boooy it gave me great nostalgic feeling when i used to play it almost 24/7, the goosbumps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsqJXGvUKt8

ever since they changed the game the way they thought they are improving it, it just kept falling down deeper and deeper, starting from changing this beautiful log in screen into some noisy trash.. all the way to the joker p2w weapons..

why don't you "whoever owns the game now" try to go all the way back when thing where just good ? change the log in screen to the classy old one, stop adding none sense useless microtransaction stuff and instead, work on adding new events to the server.. like, a big event with 20v20 or more that happens every couple hours.. imagine a planned mega bank heist or some thing else that can gets the player waiting around to join and try hard to win.. thats how mmorpgs keep their players around in the first place, use your imagination.

man, i really loved this game, it makes me sad to check it stats on steam charts and just see it drowning.. hope devs will find a way to revive it, and i will be more than glad to help .

cheers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xB00Mx said:

stop adding none sense useless microtransaction stuff

Except LO has been reducing the microtransactions over and over again?
To begin with, Joker Mistery Boxes DON'T EXIST anymore. Furthermore, you can now get any weapon you want with in-game currency. It's a grind I'll give you that, but with 2 months of maybe playing 10 hours a week (or 1 month of intense gaming if you can afford that) you can get enough Joker Tickets or $APB to buy any weapon you want at all.

A login screen doesn't change anything.

This last weekend there were 4 events that consisted of a All vs All in a district zone in case you dind't know. Like a dozen or more of these events have been carried out throughout the year.

Lastly, they're waiting to get the Engine Update done to add new content. The current build can't handle any changes, the code is a mess and it's difficult to expand and maintain. So once they have their own code they'll start adding new stuff. They already have it thought out, they just need to finish the Engine Update to add those.

"But they've been working on it since 2012, it will never be finished!" No, they've been working on it since 2018, and yes, that's still a long time, but if you read Matt's Tracking the Engine Update thread (it's pinned) you'll see just how close they are.

Now, will that revive the game? Oh boy I certainly hope so, but we can only wait and cross our fingers.

Edited by Zatro
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xB00Mx said:

Where are the old old APB fans here ? who doesn't remember this glorious log in screen ? i just stumbled upon it on youtube and boooy it gave me great nostalgic feeling when i used to play it almost 24/7, the goosbumps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsqJXGvUKt8

ever since they changed the game the way they thought they are improving it, it just kept falling down deeper and deeper, starting from changing this beautiful log in screen into some noisy trash.. all the way to the joker p2w weapons..

why don't you "whoever owns the game now" try to go all the way back when thing where just good ? change the log in screen to the classy old one, stop adding none sense useless microtransaction stuff and instead, work on adding new events to the server.. like, a big event with 20v20 or more that happens every couple hours.. imagine a planned mega bank heist or some thing else that can gets the player waiting around to join and try hard to win.. thats how mmorpgs keep their players around in the first place, use your imagination.

man, i really loved this game, it makes me sad to check it stats on steam charts and just see it drowning.. hope devs will find a way to revive it, and i will be more than glad to help .

cheers.

I'm sure you are not an active player or checking the news in terms of updates, you should give it a try.

Why adding an older login screen, if they can do a better one compared to the previous? Think about what can be done to improve the game in general.

Edited by Krapler

20 minutes ago, Zatro said:

Burn! The old login screen was the only good this game ever had.

• Like 2

What is this sad obsession people have with minutiae like login screens and the ambient music in the background when you're on the login screen?

Literally the least of this game's problems.

35 minutes ago, MrChan said:

What is this sad obsession people have with minutiae like login screens and the ambient music in the background when you're on the login screen?

The real sad thing is that apparently you've never been able to embrace the joy of it yourself. There are no words that could possible describe it.

One can only hope that one day you may stumble upon the right path.

• Like 3

well, it does.  it made me dig up and log in this forums and type down this thread, it is because of the good feeling i felt once i heard it again..

something like this makes some companies go back to their "old school" versions , to call their old veteran gamers back to what they used to love in their game, it is something. take OSRS and WoW classic for example.

Other than that, not being able to reach the game's old and faithful fans with all these news is something that needs to be managed. Myself. i will definitely give it another shot soon and see what's new about it, but i wish if they can advertise the game better than this.

glad to know that they're trying to do something positive.  keep up the good work and good luck.

I believe it has been said they do want to try and bring back this old classical login menu soundtrack, but that all depends if they can make that work.

I am completely okay with something new and fitting as well, as I am not that keen on nostalgia feel towards things.

Where it went wrong was basically the previous team did what they could to keep the game afloat which was making armas items and joker box items, may it been good or bad.

That lead to the game standing still in time for the vast majority of years while it slowly faded.

We desperately need the engine upgrade first for many reasons, as the old dated problematic live client is severely out of date and suffers in using systems available resources as well as the old underneath the hood engine and systems that take care of many of the core components of APB.

I truly believe LO can pull it off and make this happen, but it's only 1/5th of what needs to happen before APB is considered "better" then before. Many crucial things like weapon balancing, match-making, out of memory crashing due to newer graphics cards, old bugs like the waypoints disappearing after swapping character or district.

It's not a holy grail or revival, but it's a start to an exciting new and modern future for this game.

• Like 2

I'm fine with something new if they pay homage to the original. At least use the original login screen soundtrack its soooo much better than the current. 

I'm just gonna leave this here:

Uploaded on the original RTW guy's YouTube, without the scratch noises and an interesting guitar rift that's not in the version used for the menu

On 10/21/2020 at 4:09 AM, xB00Mx said:

change the log in screen to the classy old one

Pretty sure they said they would...during one of the beta live streams...

On 10/21/2020 at 11:35 PM, MrChan said:

Because it is that fucking good and is the pinnacle of everything APB is. It is the perfect way to sum up the world, setting, characters, attitude, artistic style. EVERYTHING in a single way.

But obviously yeah it's just a login screen.

• Like 1

ye the login screen makes people want to play.

Dude today you can get perm weapons by just playing the game and the stuff on Armas are now less expensive than it was.

Edited by Deadliest