Naphta1ene

The COBR-A feels underpowered, how do you make it better?

The SCAR line of firearms is one of my favorites irl, so when I saw that APB has one by the name of the COBR-A, I had to buy it. Problem now is, the COBR-A honestly feels pretty god awful by N-Tec standards (hell, even the STAR feels more reliable). It takes the same number of shots to kill as the N-Tec and STAR does but has a significantly slower fire rate and smaller magazine size. It's saving grace however is that it has a slightly higher damage output allowing you to put Heavy Barrel 2 into the gun without increasing your ttk, and it has a somewhat decent accuracy when firing continuously while standing still.

Thing is, if you're going to put heavy barrel on a gun that has a ttk close to a second, you might as well put heavy barrel on an N-Tec so that you don't gimp yourself further than the 3 stacks of butt plugs you've already put in your patootie trying to make this gun work. On paper, it does seem like the COBR-A was perhaps intended to play out the role of a semi-rfileman, taking pot shots from far away without losing the ability to full-auto, but the thing only has a max range of 50 meters, takes 8 shots to kill at 80 meters (the CR762 only takes 6), and has a pretty god awful follow-up spread to boot. The first shot off the gun causes a ridiculously large bloom that you can't burst fire at 50 meters the way you could with N-Tecs too, so to even maximize the damage output of the gun, you have to get dangerously close to your enemies rather than stand back, and while you're at it, you'd already get out-dps'd by a basic STAR. 

Much as I like the look and feel of the COBR-A, I don't really know what I can do to make it stand a chance against the other assault rifles in this game. Nothing really clicks with me in terms of what I can do. I tried putting cooling jacket to bump up the fire rate but that only makes it incredibly inaccurate and Improved Rifling makes the second shot accuracy worse which defeats the purpose of it being a reliable medium-long range fighter. So for those who are proficient with this gun, how do I get gud with it? What's something that I've missed about what this gun could do to match up against the other assault rifles?

its not that bad actually, u just got too be good att tracking and not going full auto all the time, rs3, ir3 and 3ps3 or what ever you like. And you are golden.

In my opinion it should be reduced recoil and increased shoot dmg should those parameters revive a little this weapon. Remember this is only my opinion 🙂

use it as you would a sr15 i found through that i can tap fire people to death and rank up my roles