Sign in to follow this  
Uhtdred

NEW AMD CPUS - APB PERFORMANCE

how do you think new AMD CPUS are going to work with APB???

is anyone here replacing INTEL 8/9 generation with future AMD 5000 series??

Is INTEL done???

Edited by Uhtdred

Ryzen 5 3600 works pretty fine

So if there is no issue with the game new AMD cpus will work fine too

26 minutes ago, SunnyMonroe said:

yup, and ryzen 5 3600 price will probably drop soon, so I'm going to replace my second PC (amd fx 8350) for it...

• Like 1

Roughly 18% faster then 3000 series this is due this line in the article linked below:
"The Ryzen 9 5950X compared to the ‘current-gen’ Ryzen 9 3950X is 18% and 12% faster respectively in single and multi-threaded tests."

Since APB purely uses single threaded performance it'll be 18% (roughly) faster then previous generation, I am using a 3950x with 4.350 MHz all core overclock and I achieve stable 144 fps in most cases.

I truly think intel has to step up one way or another but they hit a roadblock in terms of going down a notch.

Sauce:
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-9-5950x-and-ryzen-9-5900x-geekbench-5-scores-leak

4 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Roughly 18% faster then 3000 series this is due this line in the article linked below:
"The Ryzen 9 5950X compared to the ‘current-gen’ Ryzen 9 3950X is 18% and 12% faster respectively in single and multi-threaded tests."

Since APB purely uses single threaded performance it'll be 18% (roughly) faster then previous generation, I am using a 3950x with 4.350 MHz all core overclock and I achieve stable 144 fps in most cases.

I truly think intel has to step up one way or another but they hit a roadblock in terms of going down a notch.

Sauce:
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-9-5950x-and-ryzen-9-5900x-geekbench-5-scores-leak

ryzen 5 5600x is more than 18% faster than ryzen 5 3600 I think...

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

ryzen 5 5600x is more than 18% faster than ryzen 5 3600 I think...

Don't know yet. Likely already those two compared together are so much better so that's likely to be on the other generation chips as well as these are more architectural changes or benefits.

• Like 1

For APB? No change. First generation i7's can get over 100fps in APB, and over 120fps when overclocked. After the engine upgrade, I think there's going to be even less of difference since the newer UE3 builds have better multithreading support. If you're on a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen Intel Quad-Core CPU, then I can see there being a significant jump, but only with the new engine.

This is all speculation though. We have the beta test coming up. Better off going by that than what we currently have.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 4:10 PM, SunnyMonroe said:

this is actuality reassuring, i was actuality planning on upgrading from my i5 4670k but apb is just way too weird with new tech

19 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

this is actuality reassuring, i was actuality planning on upgrading from my i5 4670k but apb is just way too weird with new tech

Only on the GPU side where things are more rapidly changing then any other part of the system.

The CPU war will never end 

intel will release another chip and the cycle goes on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

The CPU war will never end 

intel will release another chip and the cycle goes on.

it's better to have 2 good cpu companies than only one, right?

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

it's better to have 2 good cpu companies than only one, right?

if there weren't any completion we wouldn't be getting good cpu 🙂

Sign in to follow this