Sign in to follow this  
OCrazyGuyO

Tips on breaking the ntec

4 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Oh ya you're right. You just buy joker tickets with your wallet instead. Therefore you're still buying the weapons with you wallet unless you're grinding away for the tickets (which has already been a thing). Just like how you either bought joker boxes before or saved up your in-game money to buy a legendary off the market place. OUCH.... lol. That argument is flawed and it is a terrible way to justify it. It being other ARs are "easily accessible". So in the end as ZombieBiscuit said, the Ntec and Star are still the most accessible AR's as much as they were before as they are now.

Balancing should very much be around the ntec and not nerfing the ntec into the other weapons ranges. Just look at a majority of the AR's that have come out and were absolute garbage and still are pretty underwhelming. The only two notable ones are the Far and Aces Rifle for being good. They balanced the Far around the ntec and it was actually and still is a viable weapon. There was nothing wrong with the ntec prior to its changes back when RP was doing "balancing". Pre usual its a classic case of poor test location *cough* baylan *cough* and skewed testing/responses. God forbid a weapon in the game feels good and rewarding for using it well.

Also even if nerfing doesn't always entail something being gutted it still is NOT a way to balance things. Just because you're bringing the ntec in line with other ARs doesn't mean its not a nerf. It very much is a nerf. There is a difference between adjustments and nerfs. The amount of nerfs the ntec has received is much more than an adjustment. Where as the Obir having an adjustment such as having a bolt timer. Like I said above with skewed testing/responses people will continue to cry about the ntec because well it might as well be the "hip" thing to do. X person destroyed me so it must still be broken yada yada.

JTs aren't as grindy as you think they are. There's way worse games that require you to grind months for an item that would otherwise cost 10 bucks at most. APB is very fair regarding that.

Speaking of balancing, no, the N-TEC stands out massively and should be brought back in line.

If you buff every other AR to its level, you'd make SMGs and Marksman Rifles not only almost useless, you're also making the game stale as hell because every gun is suddenly dumb strong and plays relatively the same, like a call of duty or something.

Also I see that you think that a nerf means gutting a weapon until it's useless, which is not what's happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GhosT said:

JTs aren't as grindy as you think they are. There's way worse games that require you to grind months for an item that would otherwise cost 10 bucks at most. APB is very fair regarding that.

Speaking of balancing, no, the N-TEC stands out massively and should be brought back in line.

If you buff every other AR to its level, you'd make SMGs and Marksman Rifles not only almost useless, you're also making the game stale as hell because every gun is suddenly dumb strong and plays relatively the same, like a call of duty or something.

Also I see that you think that a nerf means gutting a weapon until it's useless, which is not what's happening.

Even if they aren't as grindy and are easier to get doesn't change the fact that the Ntec and the Star are way more accessible to everyone. The Star being the starter weapon and the base ntec being 3k in game money. Also other games having worse grinds isn't a justification.

The ntec was very much fine where it was before. Just because an assault rifle preformed its role well doesn't mean its broken. Also you know a lot of people were actually bad at the per nerfed ntec so clearly its not op broken. You're also, like many others, taking buffing around the ntec as making every weapon just like the ntec. Which isn't what is meant by that at all. As I stated in my previous post the Far is a great example of that. Or the ATAC for being the reverse of the Ntec being stronger in close to sub mid range engagements. In regards to other weapons it didn't and never has made other weapons useless at all. Back before any of the nerfs there were tons of OCAs, PMGs, Joker Carbines, Scouts, and HVRs.

Also if you read what I said you'd notice I very much made the clear indication there is a difference between nerfs and adjustments. The ntec has been nerfed to the point that that gutted it. Where as an adjustment would have been lowering the mag size. An already implemented adjustment being when they tweaked the damage of it so heavy barrel 2 would actually be penalized. It very much was gutted as its core function being a accurate tap fire (not burst fire) assault rifle is gone due to the "fun" extra bloom after a few shots. 

Edited by RespectThis

22 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Even if they aren't as grindy and are easier to get doesn't change the fact that the Ntec and the Star are way more accessible to everyone. The Star being the starter weapon and the base ntec being 3k in game money. Also other games having worse grinds isn't a justification.

The ntec was very much fine where it was before. Just because an assault rifle preformed its role well doesn't mean its broken. Also you know a lot of people were actually bad at the per nerfed ntec so clearly its not op broken. You're also, like many others, taking buffing around the ntec as making every weapon just like the ntec. Which isn't what is meant by that at all. As I stated in my previous post the Far is a great example of that. Or the ATAC for being the reverse of the Ntec being stronger in close to sub mid range engagements. In regards to other weapons it didn't and never has made other weapons useless at all. Back before any of the nerfs there were tons of OCAs, PMGs, Joker Carbines, Scouts, and HVRs.

Also if you read what I said you'd notice I very much made the clear indication there is a difference between nerfs and adjustments. The ntec has been nerfed to the point that that gutted it. Where as an adjustment would have been lowering the mag size. An already implemented adjustment being when they tweaked the damage of it so heavy barrel 2 would actually be penalized. It very much was gutted as its core function being a accurate tap fire (not burst fire) assault rifle is gone due to the "fun" extra bloom after a few shots. 

The N-TEC and STAR being the more accessible guns doesn't mean that the N-TEC is now allowed to drastically outperform every other AR.

It was broken, as it could easily keep up with shotguns, smgs, ars and marksman rifles. If you refuse to see that, I'm sorry.

It hasn't been gutted, in fact, it's still one of the best guns and basically the same as before, other than being a tiny bit slower, and that it can't jump shoot that well.

37 minutes ago, GhosT said:

The N-TEC and STAR being the more accessible guns doesn't mean that the N-TEC is now allowed to drastically outperform every other AR.

It was broken, as it could easily keep up with shotguns, smgs, ars and marksman rifles. If you refuse to see that, I'm sorry.

It hasn't been gutted, in fact, it's still one of the best guns and basically the same as before, other than being a tiny bit slower, and that it can't jump shoot that well.

Why are you under the assumptions that because the ntec and star are more accessible means they should out preform other weapons? Also why is it bad for a free to play weapon to be strong(er) than a pay to play weapon?

It wasn't broken at all. Broken would imply anyone could use it with ease. Which clearly has never been the case. As there are a large amount of people who can't use it hence why they main other weapons. Losing to the ntec with an smg/shotgun is on you alone. If you're losing with guns that out preform the ntec in cqc that's a player skill issue alone. Those weapons were designed for cqc purposes. Better hip fire accuracy and could abuse corners much more than the ntec in those ranges.

Again when you change the core mechanic of a weapon in a negative way it very much is gutting it. What is was to what it is now is very much gutted. I'd say the same thing for the HVR (which I though was in need of changing but not how they went about it). Why change the core mechanic of the gun instead of just nerfing the damage of the gun.

The reason people used the Ntec wasn't because it was "broken". That's just what people want to use as a reason to "bring it in line". People used it because for two reasons. One, it was a free to play weapon unlike the other assault rifles. Two, it actually felt good, responsive, and rewards you for playing with it well (especially if you can push it to its extreme boundaries).  I've played this game long enough to see the good and the bad. There has been far more bad with nerfs and unneeded additions to guns than there has been good. 

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Don't think you know what "broken" means. Looks like even after many years, you still remain the same. I've been a vet on these forums and I recall you a lot here, always had a hate-boner for the N-TEC. Gun wasn't broken, you're just biased and always have been.

5 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Don't think you know what "broken" means. Looks like even after many years, you still remain the same. I've been a vet on these forums and I recall you a lot here, always had a hate-boner for the N-TEC. Gun wasn't broken, you're just biased and always have been.

true. Ghost even thinks CA is overpowered...

on the other side, you just came to defend your friend respectthis, your opinion is also biased.

Pretty sure if respectthis come here and say "osmaw is the best gun in the game" you would agree too.

3 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

on the other side, you just came to defend your friend respectthis, your opinion is also biased.

Pretty sure if respectthis come here and say "osmaw is the best gun in the game" you would agree too.

Everyone has bias, what? No shit. However, I didn't come here to defend him, but moreso call out Ghost specifically. I've always hated his rage-boner for the N-TEC. 

But yeah sure osmaw is the best gun in the game like you said :).

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

I'm aware of what broken means. I think you don't know what "opinions" are, do you?

It certainly wasn't on the same broken level of the Troublemaker or some of G1s other pay to win cashgrabs, but it always stood out over all ARs and other guns.

I agree that the N-TEC is a highly controversial topic, and there'll always be two halves. One thinks it was fine and would prefer a faster overall TTK in this game by buffing every other gun to its level, and the other half thinks it has to be brought down to the level of all other guns. I'm part of the second half.

The N-TEC is actually one of the guns I spent the most time on so I can properly talk about it, and it's obvious that it was overperforming. In the end it has been nerfed so I wasn't wrong.

Mind you, I also called out jumpshooting before they nerfed it, or the 5stk FBW, and everyone laughed at me for how dumb I am before they realized months or years later that they were indeed a little to strong, and here we are.

58 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Why look, some guy misread something I said and is now desperately trying to use it against me... neat.

CA isn't overpowered.

you guys should try making other ar's a little easier to use for their intended purposes... if ARs are supposed to be midranged guns then make them better for that.

ntec is the only good mid range gun, you have all these other ARs that just plain suck at both every other range and mid range.... you have a weird long range AR star LCR that is the most shittiest weapon ive ever used... aces rifle which is like a shittier smg... frenzy which is like an ltl ntec or might as well be since its ttk is so slow.... atac which is litterally an oca you marksman with... 

the only ar i use now other than the ntec is the the raptor 45 which i feel is pretty nice and balanced.... other then that what else is there?

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

I'm aware of what broken means. I think you don't know what "opinions" are, do you?

It certainly wasn't on the same broken level of the Troublemaker or some of G1s other pay to win cashgrabs, but it always stood out over all ARs and other guns.

I agree that the N-TEC is a highly controversial topic, and there'll always be two halves. One thinks it was fine and would prefer a faster overall TTK in this game by buffing every other gun to its level, and the other half thinks it has to be brought down to the level of all other guns. I'm part of the second half.

The N-TEC is actually one of the guns I spent the most time on so I can properly talk about it, and it's obvious that it was overperforming. In the end it has been nerfed so I wasn't wrong.

Mind you, I also called out jumpshooting before they nerfed it, or the 5stk FBW, and everyone laughed at me for how dumb I am before they realized months or years later that they were indeed a little to strong, and here we are.

Why look, some guy misread something I said and is now desperately trying to use it against me... neat.

CA isn't overpowered.

No, you actually stated your opinion, and still are. It's your opinion to believe it was broken. Strong? Yes. Broken? No. I've enjoyed this argument over the past many years on these forums, honestly things got changed because people whined enough for it, not because you were right or wrong. I was for the other ARs being buffed around it, and making more guns viable. I don't want to see just N-TEC, and I also did not main it (Marksman main here, OBIR fav wep but also was pretty stupid).

Also, just because you spent a lot of time on the N-TEC, does not make your word that much more credible to me, or heck, even others. It's highly opinionated, and opinions are not facts. 

i dont like the way they go about balancing guns either. they balance certain guns around "meta" mod setups so its like a biased way to change the gun.

not everyone uses IR3 and HS3 on ntec so why would balance it around that? the newest change ruined CJ3 ntec.... great, one less mod that isnt viable... first HB2 and now CJ 3 lol.

same with the manic... not everyone using manic was using it with hs3 and ir3... the way you nerfed it you now have to use it with HS3 to get anytype of accuracy with it.... this gun was like a perfect gun that didnt need any red or orange mod. 1 slot manic with mobility sling was perfect and now if you want to use manic you would have to grind 10k jt or pay real money for it... nice.

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

I'm willing to bet I have accumulated way more time on the Ntec than you and there has never been a time using or vsing it where i've felt it was overperforming. It was just a solid and versatile gun unlike pretty much every other AR. Hence why people used it over the laundry list of awful ARs. It was easy to beat with other weapons when you play the weapon roles correctly cqc, rifleman, w.e.  Also just because something you said happened doesn't make what happened fact or the right decision.

Edited by RespectThis

9 hours ago, GhosT said:

the N-TEC is now allowed to drastically outperform every other AR.

i disagree that the ntec "drastically outperformed" the far or even the atac at any point post-hb2 nerf

i do think the ntec was slightly stronger than both, but being the best of a weapon category when there are viable competitors isnt a reason for a nerf imo

as supporting evidence both the far and the atac have now been nerfed (the far specifically as a result of the ntec changes) following the removal of the ARs' central balancing pillar 

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this