Sakebee

Halloween Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 10/21/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

They say that fear is the best spice… or is it supposed to be hunger? As cold winds blow through the streets of San Paro, we can’t say no to some pumpkin spice with the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events! Not only will these events return, but we are introducing three new weapon skins, new titles, some additional weapon balance changes, and some community costumes into the Joker Store! It’s a spooky big patch this Wednesday, Oct 21st, so you should definitely check out our blog for full details!

PC CHANGES/FIXES

General

• Added the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events
  • Added the Occult and Spaceman weapon skins
  • Halloween Mayhem Costume winners to be added Oct 28th

Weapon Changes

• Colby SNR 850
    • Health Damage: 300 -> 334
  • OBIR and FFA
    • Sprint Delay: 0.675 -> 0.4
  • Colby CSG-20
    • Stamina Damage: 20 -> 11 (231)
  • R-2 ‘Harbinger’
    • Marksmanship Speed: 139 -> 275
    • Recovery Delay: 0.45 -> 0.3
  • Firework Launcher
    • Health Damage: 600 -> 400
  • Epinephrine Injector
    • Cooldown: 45 -> 90
  • N-TEC-5 and N-TEC-Scope
    • Shot Modifier Cap: 2.0 -> 2.1

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Weapon Changes

• Colby SNR 850
  • OBIR and FFA
  • R-2 ‘Harbinger’

interesting changes, i look forward to testing these ingame

any info on the pumpkin rewards, or are they unchanged?

12 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

• Like 5

Just now, Flaws said:

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Can't upset the ntec people ya know.

but sure, lower the "niche" firework damage even further.

3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

It was never supposed to be increased in the first place, it was accidentally increased in the Dev Gungame patch and has now been brought back to its INTENDED value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Can't upset the ntec people ya know.

it was a bug fix, did you even read the post?

The damage from the explosion of the Firework Launcher was reduced to the same as the explosion from the Flare Gun. This got accidentally changed during the Dev gun games. This fix brings the Firework Launcher back to its correct value.

53 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 10/21/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

They say that fear is the best spice… or is it supposed to be hunger? As cold winds blow through the streets of San Paro, we can’t say no to some pumpkin spice with the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events! Not only will these events return, but we are introducing three new weapon skins, new titles, some additional weapon balance changes, and some community costumes into the Joker Store! It’s a spooky big patch this Wednesday, Oct 21st, so you should definitely check out our blog for full details!

PC CHANGES/FIXES

General

• Added the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events
  • Added the Occult and Spaceman weapon skins
  • Halloween Mayhem Costume winners to be added Oct 28th

Weapon Changes

• Colby SNR 850
  • OBIR and FFA
  • Colby CSG-20
    • Stamina Damage: 20 -> 11 (231)
  • R-2 ‘Harbinger’
  • Firework Launcher
    • Health Damage: 600 -> 400
  • Epinephrine Injector
    • Cooldown: 45 -> 90

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

no changes on thumper?

😞

• Like 1

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Just LOL part 2.

Peoples are surely gonna play for couple titles which nobody will use after all.

Also bitching about the 4k JT's skin 😆, you think peoples are stu*id?

4k JT's for a poor designed skin like that.. just because there is a Spaceman doesn't mean it needs to be that expensive and "unique".

I wasn't surprised at all btw, seeing these generic things.

6 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Just LOL part 2.

Peoples are surely gonna play for couple titles which nobody will use after all.

Also bitching about the 4k JT's skin 😆, you think peoples are stu*id?

4k JT's for a poor designed skin like that.. just because there is a Spaceman doesn't mean it needs to be that expensive and "unique".

man every post you make sounds like someone pissed in your cereal 

people asked for a halloween event so we got a halloween event, on top of a potential final engine upgrade push

• Like 3

buff the Corona Coroner please

• Like 2

1 minute ago, owzzy said:

buff thumper

• Like 1

So... you're breaking the OCA with the last "balancing" changes....
And you're not even bothered fixing it this patch?!

Explain.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cuve said:

So... you're breaking the OCA with the last "balancing" changes....
And you're not even bothered fixing it this patch?!

Explain.

Sure do miss arcade shooter APB, this is boring. Maybe it's time for me to uninstall

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

QH8cOYn.png

They still don't understand.

They'll never understand anything bout any weapon by the looks of it..

• Like 1

Not much changes here, but finally buffs cometh, that's something.

Merged.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:59 AM, owzzy said:

I wish i could leave 100 likes to this...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sakebee said:
  • Colby SNR 850

THE DAY HAS COME!

but... I still don't think it can compete very well with FBW or .45 AP.... equip time is still higher than FBW (0.5s vs 0.3s), and accuracy is worse. but hey, at least snubnose is now on a 1.0s TTK like FBW. it's not completely useless anymore 🙂

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 7

I'm still amazed LO keeps breaking the Ntec (and its variants) rather than accepting that it was one of the very few weapons that have been built properly, and that the other weapons should be equally as usable as the Ntec in their own ways.

How I see it is that the Ntec-5 (used to be) the jack of all trades but a master of none, and the Ntec-7 being very close to that with just a *slight* disadvantage in closer ranges and a *slight* advantage in longer ranges and looking way cooler (imo) than the Ntec-5.
The recent changes now is revolved around breaking the Ntec and trying to push it into a niche were it doesn't belong and where there are other variants of weapons that excel in those niches. Like how the Obeya now demolishes the Ntec-7 and how the FAR variants easily defeats the Ntec-5 in medium ranges and the Whisper now being the go to for closer ranges.

I understand that the Ntec was the meta for quite a while, and I believe it is because the weapon was actually consistent and usable, unlike so much other weapons that I really question its existence in the first place. And because of that, LO was keen on nerfing the meta in order to allow newer players to be able to join the game and have fun, but lets be real here. How many new players actually try apb and stick to it even after such changes keep coming over and over? How many games have metas and still have many players joining the game and having fun and be able to grow on the skill gap scale? Is removing metas actually a significant change compared to better game performance, game marketing, gfx improvements, better matchmaking, server performance, etc..? Especially in a game which breaking the weapon variety stability will only piss off current players but is insignificant to newer players because they don't feel compelled to the game (or don't even know about the game) due to a million other reasons.

Aside from actually a few wise decisions regarding weapon changes, I think you guys did enough damage and stop tinkering with the weapons hoping that new players would appreciate such changes.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

.. 4k JT's skin 😆, you think peoples are stu*id?

>>For those who want something a bit more far out, we are also adding the Spaceman Skin to the Joker Store for 4000JT.

I agree that 4k is a lot for a event skin.  The future tech skin is also priced astronomical at 7k JT for something that was given away account-bound for comparatively little effort during the refer-a-friend promotion.

Another suggestion (seeing that the SNR is now 'meta' with 1s TTK) is to re-add the SNR PR1 back to ARMAS as a 'Limited' offer. 

1 hour ago, Boba said:

I'm still amazed LO keeps breaking the Ntec (and its variants) rather than accepting that it was one of the very few weapons that have been built properly, and that the other weapons should be equally as usable as the Ntec in their own ways.

How I see it is that the Ntec-5 (used to be) the jack of all trades but a master of none, and the Ntec-7 being very close to that with just a *slight* disadvantage in closer ranges and a *slight* advantage in longer ranges and looking way cooler (imo) than the Ntec-5.
The recent changes now is revolved around breaking the Ntec and trying to push it into a niche were it doesn't belong and where there are other variants of weapons that excel in those niches. Like how the Obeya now demolishes the Ntec-7 and how the FAR variants easily defeats the Ntec-5 in medium ranges and the Whisper now being the go to for closer ranges.

I understand that the Ntec was the meta for quite a while, and I believe it is because the weapon was actually consistent and usable, unlike so much other weapons that I really question its existence in the first place. And because of that, LO was keen on nerfing the meta in order to allow newer players to be able to join the game and have fun, but lets be real here. How many new players actually try apb and stick to it even after such changes keep coming over and over? How many games have metas and still have many players joining the game and having fun and be able to grow on the skill gap scale? Is removing metas actually a significant change compared to better game performance, game marketing, gfx improvements, better matchmaking, server performance, etc..? Especially in a game which breaking the weapon variety stability will only piss off current players but is insignificant to newer players because they don't feel compelled to the game (or don't even know about the game) due to a million other reasons.

Aside from actually a few wise decisions regarding weapon changes, I think you guys did enough damage and stop tinkering with the weapons hoping that new players would appreciate such changes.

Feel like you're confusing the N-TEC 5 with the STAR 556.  The N-TEC has always been out of line, but the STAR is considered the only balanced gun in the game.  Not only labeled a jack of all trades (literally) but it does a bit of everything without being god awful or particularly strong.  Only real issue with the STAR is its moist sounding audio, otherwise a perfect gun.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, dr0zone said:

re-add the SNR PR1 back to ARMAS as a 'Limited' offer. 

add it to the joker store, maybe? 🙂

• Like 3

Yaaaayy goood news for today!!!

Halloween again ❤️ I hope this time I can unlock the glowomg purple & orange bat/pumpkin weapon skins on my enfo

8 hours ago, owzzy said:

buff Corona Coroner, proszę

I want this 😍