Sign in to follow this  
PACwoMAN

Just an opinion

Well... I didn’t played APB like for two years. Just downloaded it again to see what was changed and realised that nothing was.

Sad, bad and ugly.

The game that I’ve played since OBT started wasn’t changed.

I see absolutely the same problems:

No new content (contacts, missions etc.)

No new maps

Same lags

Like - you’re opening a locker to change your weapon and whoops! - here you got 15fps while you scrolling a weps (gtx 1060 6g here)

Of course I saw those topics about the engine upgrade, but...

The devs are really didn’t realise that they are just doing a wrong job?

This outdated engine will not change anything. 

Ok, let’s talk simple.

What all ppl want? - gameplay.

This new engine will change gameplay? No.

What should be? - new content.

Can’t they just draw a few maps and add some missions and contacts?

What’s the point of playing same game for a seven years without any changes? I see no reason and that’s why all my friends are left her too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

Of course I saw those topics about the engine upgrade, but...

The devs are really didn’t realise that they are just doing a wrong job?

This outdated engine will not change anything. 

Upgrading the engine that APB runs on will allow LO to add more content to the game in the future.

8 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

This new engine will change gameplay? No.

What should be? - new content.

The engine upgrade serves partially to allow for adding more content to the game instead of slapping more meatballs on the spaghetti code that is APB.

9 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

No, because the codebase is a mess and the engine upgrade is meant to fix that, among other things.

Martin, you basically just said the same thing about how the engine upgrade will allow for content creation three times in the same post.

Four, if you count this made up quote.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Upgrading the engine that APB runs on will allow LO to add more content to the game in the future.

The engine upgrade serves partially to allow for adding more content to the game instead of slapping more meatballs on the spaghetti code that is APB.

No, because the codebase is a mess and the engine upgrade is meant to fix that, among other things.

Four, if you count this made up quote.

Ok I will w8 next five years when they will add the new content with this new engine possibilities.

Edited by PACwoMAN

37 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

unbelievable 

let's talk simple. 
pretend apb is a house and every new piece of content is an extra story added. it may have started out as a single story building but at this point, our apb house is 6 or 7 stories and there's a problem - the foundation was only made to support up to 3 stories and its starting to crack. 

those cracks? that's the 15fps stutters, or the rtx memory crashes, or the half a dozen decade old bugs that can't be fixed

the engine upgrade is an attempt to rebuild the whole house before everything breaks, so that in the future the devs can add as many stories as they want

your suggestion is to just paint over the cracks and pretend they aren't there, and then keep adding more stories until the whole thing collapses

hopefully you can see why your suggestion is a poor idea

• Like 2

Just wait for the engine guys. It seems to be close. Maybe slowly some people will come by again and stay..

Btw drawing maps is hard..

5 Years into making the project from my signature...

Edited by Ellix

3 hours ago, PACwoMAN said:

Ok I will w8 next five years

or don't

Edited by CookiePuss

Either way, I am sure Pacman will be thrilled to see you're back.  

40 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Don't worry game will be dead after engine update anyway.

You sure it wouldn't be before it releases? :^) 

3 minutes ago, Cuve said:

You sure it wouldn't be before it releases? :^) 

Or that.

I felt my previous post I made here is very relevant to what you've posted here.

• Like 1

There are so many reason to why an engine upgrade was and is a must for APB to become what it has capacity to and that was a task so large that most probably would never have bothered. But 100 years later now and it's actually almost ready for release, from what we hear. With a new (updated) engine you can get all the things you're asking for.  On the old engine (current), every larger new content update would take an incredible amount of time and effort to create and then it'd break here and there, basically guaranteed. It'd be fixed with glue here and there and then some other things would break in an almost never ending circle. Just a mess. And then if you want really large updates like new maps etc... you could basically just forget about it. Correct me where I'm wrong, but that's basically what I've gathered.

Edited by Cr0

Sign in to follow this