MattScott

CET 2020 Tournament videos

Hi everyone,

I thought I would give the Community Events Team a shout today today.

This is an entirely player run group that recently organized a fun APB Tournament that they just finished.

These guys put in a lot of work behind the scenes, and you can join them on their Discord here: https://discord.gg/ZzefFfm

Little Orbit has put up all the matches through the Semi Finals.

We're still working on editing down the final matches.

If you missed them, here's a link to the new CET Sept-Oct 2020 video playlist with the matches in order on our YouTube channel.

I want to pass along a personal note of thanks to everyone who participated, the commentators, and to Blank for all the great graphics,

Great job.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

This was amazing, thanks for doing it

• Like 2

Congratulations for organizing this so smoothly.

• Like 1

If you missed the live broadcasts, I highly recommend watching the recordings. 

By the end of the tournament, I was hooked. 

• Like 2

I just watched the first two games and I really like it. Would love to see a video of all highlights! There are some great moments captured 🙂

• Like 1

Haven't watched it but I stumbled upon someone on twitch who was "training hand"(his words, stream title) for CET by... cheating in aimlab, guess that might probably sum up the whole tournament.

Probably don't need to mention the country 🙂 

Edited by Sayori

Actually a lot more engaging than I thought it would be.

It's a real shame about the potato configs though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrChan said:

Actually a lot more engaging than I thought it would be.

It's a real shame about the potato configs though.

You just got to do what you got to do to make the game feel better (which it does) and actually being able to see something.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, Cuve said:

You just got to do what you got to do to make the game feel better (which it does) and actually being able to see something.

to be fair, a lot of people run potato configs without needing them at all. A lot of streamers with good computers seem to only use em to see through smoke and explosions.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 3:58 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

to be fair, a lot of people run potato configs without needing them at all. A lot of streamers with good computers seem to only use em to see through smoke and explosions.

That's why I said... "feel better"
I can run my game perfectly fine on everything max (144fps) but it's just so not enjoyable, you don't see anything, gameplay feels slow and just the overall feel of the game is so much worse in every aspect.
Rather run everything potato mode, designs on high but environment lowest possible. Stretch that mf out and zoom over the map whilst being able to see everything I need to see.

1 hour ago, Cuve said:

That's why I said... "feel better"
I can run my game perfectly fine on everything max (144fps) but it's just so not enjoyable, you don't see anything, gameplay feels slow and just the overall feel of the game is so much worse in every aspect.
Rather run everything potato mode, designs on high but environment lowest possible. Stretch that mf out and zoom over the map whilst being able to see everything I need to see.

If you play everything fine on 144fps then it there wouldn't be any different "feel" fps wise. The only difference is that you like seeing through smoke and adjusting the screen ratio to break recoil lol.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

im using all textures on its lowest but the players and player vehicles are whats considered 'ultra' texture resolution. its alot easier to just see everything this way. I don't change smoke textures but I do lower the size of particles so that I can still see smoke but its not dropping my fps. on top of that i use max sharpness and i adjusted my monitor for more sharpness. playing with 1080p res, not a fan of blurred view, lower fov and dont need help with this game's laughable recoil/bloom.

sad that you put known cheaters into a "tournament" for a dying game instead of rallying the community to do something useful