Sign in to follow this  

is being idle punishable?

so this player in asylum earlier on my team was doing nothing just running around and giving kills to the opposing team is this punishable? To my surprise they are not new at the game is this a case that can be reported? 

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Maybe they are just bad?

As long as I get at least 1 assist per match I get paid, so what?

9 hours ago, PureDiva said:

so this player in asylum earlier on my team was doing nothing just running around and giving kills to the opposing team is this punishable? To my surprise they are not new at the game is this a case that can be reported? 

Personally I wouldn't report this unless I have some really hard evidence like basically them in chat admitting that they're doing it on purpose to spite everyone, otherwise, how can you prove that their intent and it wasn't some other factor? 

Also Asylum/FC is different, for one it's brutal with the AFK timer so I find it hard that they managed any sort of idleness without being removed from the server. And it's not that detrimental to the match tbh, in a Mission District it's a bit different as each player has a larger role to play and people AFKing/throwing the mission is a really big no-no, but FC? One player intentionally feeding every 2 minutes isn't that big of a deal and you shouldn't let it ruin your game. Win or Lose you still get points in FC, so let people be. 

For reals, as someone who is legitimately bad at this game and has had that AFK timer pop up while they were actively trying in the game I think you should give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Like I said - that AFK timer, it is brutal in FC, so they could be lagging and maybe tabbed-out to find out what's making their PC run like patootie, this happens to me so often and so often it's fkn Windows Update lurking in the background, so I gotta shut that shit down. Also maybe someone is blowing up their PMs, Discord is a btich and loves to ragequit its overlay for no reason so now I gotta alt-tab to find out who is bloop-blooping in my ears every 1.2 seconds and hey maybe they're a friend and I'm trying to get them to get in on the APB action or I'm just chilling and playing APB at the same time, let people enjoy their gaming moments, not everyone needs to be 210% focused on a video game to play it. 

If they're trying to beat that AFK timer and be intentionally feeding, they've got to be climbing ladders, spawning cars, or doing damage to other players, like I've said I've legit had the game almost kick me because I couldn't in the time allowed do any of those things while I was playing. I suck, my PC sucks, and my connection sucks, I can miss every shot, die before I find a ladder, and in Asylum the opportunities to use a vehicle are limited, so for someone to do all that and not be kicked, they're some pro-feeder really intent on ruining other player's experience which I find really unlikely they won't be boasting that in the chat, or they're just playing and having a bad time, or a good time, like I said I suck and still play and I find it hilarious that the score-topper rage-whispers me and my 1-26 because I made his 38-2 go 38-3, like bruh you're sweaty af and I'm just glad I'm on the scoreboard this round, so just let people play, if they're feeding, ignore them 1 player doesn't rule your experience, if they're just bad, help them or leave them alone, it's just a game.

That said, it's just my opinion, I'm way more relaxed in FC than I am in Missions, but if you really want to go CSI on them and somehow prove that they were intentionally throwing the game, it does fall under griefing, maybe dethreating, although again FC is different, but you do you.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

i can see this being an issue in mission districts where generally every player matters, but who cares what other players do in fight club?

On 10/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, PureDiva said:

so this player in asylum earlier on my team was doing nothing just running around and giving kills to the opposing team is this punishable?

I don't do it on purpose!

Sign in to follow this