Havana

Trump MASK

I find it EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE that the Mask OF the President of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA has been removed.

He IS YOUR President, IT IS A FACT!

I am soo tired of this BS of kissing patootie to the apparently Social construct, which is ALSO FALSE!

This Company is putting themselves in a liability situation, by taking sides.

We are to here to play a game.

Merged.

This Game SHOULD NOT BE POLTICAL but YOU made it that way!

Get  BACKBone AND  stop this insanity, You are wrong on ALL accounts.

There is NO discussion  that needs to follow, YOU are wrong for doing this.

And , it shows your weakness.

• Like 6

Was it removed from the game or was it taken off of Armas? I don't own it so I can't check. It's still in the game files.

just do all the presidents, can't be offended if everyone is being made fun of.

• Like 2

For the OP,

Our predecessors made the Trump mask, and after some analysis I made the call to remove it a while back. 

This was not done for political reasons.

Like many other mafia style games, APB is set in an alternate reality where San Paro represents a hybrid of cities in the US. While the world of APB does have politicians, none of them are real figures like Trump.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For the OP,

Our predecessors made the Trump mask, and after some analysis I made the call to remove it a while back. 

Like many other mafia style games, APB is set in an alternate reality where San Paro represents a hybrid of cities in the US. While the world of APB does have politicians, none of them are real figures like Trump.

Thanks,

Matt

"This was not done for political reasons."

yeah, well done. Really.

not for for political reasons 😆

We ALL know the problems a specific popular person have, and you just removed another thing without advicing players.

So gg i would say, keep going like that way.

Now do the same, grifers use dump trucks for blocking players, fix?

LO: i got that for you!

The day later the dump trucks get removed entirely, problem solved.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For the OP,

Thanks,

Matt

Will you also be removing the Richard Nixon mask which is still available on ARMAS,

or will that be staying ?
(20% off BTW)

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&productId=2723

8a566457-806e-4cb2-877e-5e6bf27a33bc.jpg

Also, for those people that did purchase the Trump Mask,

will these player be allowed to keep them, or do you plan on removing them from players inventory ?

Edited by Westford
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For the OP,

Thanks,

Matt

So why does the nixon mask still exist ? i dont think they have nixon as their previous president in their history.

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For the OP,

Thanks,

Matt

You could have reworked that, changing the name of it, making the same item different.

You don't think like that, don't you?

You had time to do this but not for just keep a designer 20 mins busy with that rework.

Really disgusting.

2 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

You could have reworked that, changing the name of it, making the same item different.

You don't think like that, don't you?

You had time to do this but not for just keep a designer 20 mins busy with that rework.

Really disgusting.

It is apparently easier to remove stuff and not rework them, yes very sad they should make it their moto.

40 minutes ago, Westford said:

Will you also be removing the Richard Nixon mask which is still available on ARMAS,

or will that be staying ?
(20% off BTW)

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&productId=2723

8a566457-806e-4cb2-877e-5e6bf27a33bc.jpg

Also, for those people that did purchase the Trump Mask,

will these player be allowed to keep them, or do you plan on removing them from players inventory ?

Yep. Missed it. We'll get that pulled down too.

Anyone who previously purchased it can keep them. We aren't removing them from inventory - just not selling them any more.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Havana said:

Exactly which part of playing APB requires you to wear a mask of that specific person?

I find it EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE that the Mask OF the President of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA has been removed.

Where were you when Obama didn't get his mask? I certainly did not see you complaining about a lack of his mask during his presidency. Surely if you want POTUS representation in customization, you should be equally rooting for all options.

"This game should not be political"? Do you realize what game we're talking about?

APB is placed in an alternate reality where a city-state enacts a controversial act that allows anyone to act as an officer of law, with no prior training required. The federal government and the entire world, instead of acting upon it, decides to simply sit back and observe how the situation develops.

What follows is: San Paro is a literal hellhole where civilians get run over by both Crim-owned and Enforcer-owned cars on the daily, corporations and criminal organizations practically run the city. Gameplay-wise there's very little difference between Enforcers and Criminals, as both perform very similar tasks. Lore-wise, the similarities only continue as both sides include organizations with corporate funding (Praetorians, G-Kings) and ragtag alliances with a dress code and a gung-ho approach to getting stuff to go their way (Prentiss Tigers, Blood Roses).

All of this game is a political statement. You should be able to realize things like this by yourself.

Realistically the only discussion that needs to follow here is whether APB should hold a required IQ check upon registering an account. Considering that the thread we're in is basically three people raising a stink about an item that has been long gone from the game (making it fairly obvious that they only really care about causing trouble to the developers), I reckon a fair chunk of the playerbase would fail that check two questions in (after getting a lucky guess on the first one).

Edited by MartinPL
nevermind, Nixon Mask is getting delisted too - nice!
  • Like 5

I THINK this SHOULD'VE never been MENTIONED anywhere. I slightly DISAGREE with people going full HAM on Little ORBIT for not taking care of such unimportant DETAIL but i agree with REMOVING them if it causes unnecessary OUTRAGES. No one WOULD say anything about the NIXON mask being removed and since the CURRENT president is such a deviding PERSON that might be the BEST idea to leave real life PERSONALITIES out of this game completely and go with FICTIONAL stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He IS YOUR President, IT IS A FACT!

I am soo tired of this BS of kissing patootie to the apparently Social construct, which is ALSO FALSE!

This Company is putting themselves in a liability situation, by taking sides.

Merged.

i find it EXTREMELY BASED that the Mask OF the CLOWN IN CHIEF has been removed

He IS YOUR CLOWN IN CHIEF, IT IS NOT RELEVANT PERTAINING TO WHETHER YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE THE MASK OR NOT, BUT IT IS A FACT!

I am soo tired of righties getting triggered over other peoples expression of freedom of speech, while constantly crying on social media platforms about how they are "too big & should be regulated even more by the government" even though they have the right to delete fake news and pro-trump/white-supremacist propaganda, all of which are SUPER CRINGE!

This Company is making a good call, by removing content which could make the user feel like they're supporting a game company that supports a xenophobic manchild, throwing tantrums on twitter.

We are here to play a game.

This Game SHOULD NOT BE POLITICAL and @MattScott removed the POLITICAL CONTENT added by G1!

triggered conservative bros should Get BACKBone AND stop finding reasons to be triggered, You guys are cringe on ALL accounts.

There IS a discussion that has followed, NICE EXAMPLE of closed-mindedness typically shown by ignorant conservatives, YOU are wrong for being upset over this.

And, it shows your weakness.

26 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Where were you when Obama didn't get his mask? I certainly did not see you complaining about a lack of his mask during his presidency. Surely if you want POTUS representation in customization, you should be equally rooting for all options.

STOP BRO HE CANT ANSWER THAT QUESTION HERE! HES GONNA SAY SOMETHING RACIST BRO!!! U KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!

Edited by claude
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Anyone who previously purchased it can keep them. We aren't removing them from inventory - just not selling them any more.

Thanks for the quick response Matt.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

G1 added these masks to make a buck.
It's a novelty.

Not a big deal really.

The Nixon Mask has more of a Mafioso kind of look to it, more so than the Trump mask.

Kind of like Humphrey Bogart seeee....
So get your Nixon mask now while still available, and, 20% off.  😀

I personally was never triggered much by these masks, I just thought they were funny.

And yes, some people do get more triggered than others.

Not sure if @MartinPL recommended IQ test for registered players would weed out some these overly sensitive players.

Hell, it might even reduce the number of griefing reports.
That's a good thing right ?

Edited by Westford

6 minutes ago, Westford said:

Not sure if @MartinPL recommended IQ test for registered players would weed out some these overly sensitive players.

no I think it would just weed out all of the right-leaning players. probably would kill off the game, a lot of gamers hate minorities and women for w/e reason.

waaaaaaaaaah trump mask bad waaaaaaaaaaaah

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, claude said:

no I think it would just weed out all of the right-leaning players. probably would kill off the game, a lot of gamers hate minorities and women for w/e reason.

Umm... I did not mean to trigger you , and for that, I am sorry.  😟

A prejudice attitude is not healthy for the soul.

And just to provide a bit of enlightenment, if it helps, right-leaning players love all people.

That includes minorities and women.

Hell , I do. 😁

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

A prejudice attitude is not healthy for the soul.

oh the irony

5 minutes ago, Westford said:

right-leaning players love all people.

LOOOOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Our predecessors made the Trump mask

Good Deal Matt. As a known and outspoken Republican I applaud Your decision.

It is more than likely the masks were inspired by the 'Point Break' Movie, where Pres. masks of Nixon, Reagan, Kennedy were used in the Bank Heist.  A movie that is older than most players.

Personally I do not want to see anyone misrepresenting Pres. Trump. 

I know what I would do if I had a Biden or Pelosi Mask, and I'm sure the Lefties would not appreciate it. 

On the same token I do not want to see My right leaning brothers go in chat and pull a 'Rush Limpbah' and embarrass My Party

I Urge those of you who are expressing your Patriotism to remember its a Game, and its a Multi National Game, and it is no place to discuss or debate politics.  Don't come to this thread and Embarrass Your Party

2 minutes ago, claude said:

oh the irony

LOOOOL

Love ya brother.  🧑‍🤝‍🧑

1 hour ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

It is apparently easier to remove stuff and not rework them, yes very sad they should make it their moto.

Thanks god, who understand me.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Joke moves, instead.. make sure the game is clean and without any grifing/cheating practices, THEN, remove (rework) what is needed.