SkrotN

What's your opinion on explosives in Asylum?

Remove explosions in Asylum  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should disable explosive weapons from Asylum? For example the OPGL and Osmaw.

• Yes
    • No

Explosives on asylum ruin the game more than any hacker ever has for me before. I can still have fun when playing vs a hacker cuz I can take a weapon with faster ttk than his and challenge my aim by trying to min ttk them. Against explosives tho there is no gunfights, you just die with nothing you could have done about it and with 0 skill from the user to actually get that kill on me. Completely ruins any kind of fun the game can provide. Overall explosive weapons should be removed from the game entirely imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Senodus said:

Explosives on asylum ruin the game more than any hacker ever has for me before. I can still have fun when playing vs a hacker cuz I can take a weapon with faster ttk than his and challenge my aim by trying to min ttk them. Against explosives tho there is no gunfights, you just die with nothing you could have done about it and with 0 skill from the user to actually get that kill on me. Completely ruins any kind of fun the game can provide. Overall explosive weapons should be removed from the game entirely imo.

This post is why the downvote option should still exist.

Leaving aside Asylum for a moment, cos with the nature of gameplay on that map there's scope for reasonable disagreement about explosives, removing them from the entire game? What game are you playing? Doesn't sound like APB to me. They're highly situational, are used infrequently, and usually only by or against bad players for the purposes of trolling, and in 95% of situations you'd be better off with a regular gun rather than a massive heavy rocket launcher that you can barely move with and has an audible wind up, or grenades with a set fuse that most people know how to avoid in anything but an enclosed area. But just because they annoy you they should be taken out?

I'm sure if we listed off every gun that's annoyed a few players and removed it, we'd end up having to throw rocks at each other cos everything else would be removed. Until someone complained about rock gameplay ruining the game.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrChan said:

This post is why the downvote option should still exist.

Leaving aside Asylum for a moment, cos with the nature of gameplay on that map there's scope for reasonable disagreement about explosives, removing them from the entire game? What game are you playing? Doesn't sound like APB to me. They're highly situational and most of the time and in 95% of situations you'd be better off with a regular gun rather than a massive heavy rocket launcher that you can barely move with and has an audible wind up, or grenades with a set fuse that most people know how to avoid in anything but an enclosed area. But just because they annoy you they should be taken out?

I'm sure if we listed off every gun that's annoyed a few players and banned it, we'd end up having to throw rocks at each other cos everything else would be banned. Until someone complained about rock gameplay ruining the game.

It's not about explosive being annoying, it's about them ruining any fun the game can ever provide. I get annoyed when I get owned by players better than me, but I still have fun cuz I have a challenge I can try and over come by focusing on my aim, pushing differently etc. With explosive weapons, they are not OP, you pretty much always would be better of with some other AV gun, you won't get many kills at all in a match with them, but every time you die to an explosives weapon it's taking all the fun out of the game. You didn't die because your aim was worse, you pushed badly, are a worse player in general, you died cuz the player had a weapon that allows them to get at least some kills on their enemy no matter how much better the enemy is than them. You don't feel like you died fair and square.

Edited by Senodus

6 minutes ago, Senodus said:

It's not about explosive being annoying, it's about them ruining any fun the game can ever provide. I get annoyed when I get owned by players better than me, but I still have fun cuz I have a challenge I can try and over come by focusing on my aim, pushing differently etc. With explosive weapons, they are not OP, you pretty much always would be better of with some other AV gun, you won't get many kills at all in a match with them, but every time you die to an explosives weapon it ruing any fun. You didn't die because your aim was worse, you pushed badly, are a worse player in general, you died cuz the player had a weapon that allows them to get at least some kills on their enemy no matter how much better the enemy is than them. You don't feel like you died fair and square.

So you agree there's actually no real need from the point of view of balance to remove them and it's just that you don't like dying to them?

That's my point exactly. If we start getting into what handfuls of players subjectively feel is fair or fun, I'm sure we'd end up canning most of the arsenal.

Edited by MrChan

34 minutes ago, MrChan said:

So you agree there's actually no real need from the point of view of balance to remove them and it's just that you don't like dying to them?

That's my point exactly. If we start getting into what handfuls players subjectively feel is fair or fun, I'm sure we'd end up canning most of the arsenal.

"it's just that you don't like dying to them?" No at all that. The game is not only supposed to be balanced, it's also supposed to be fun. If the game has something that makes it not fun it should be adjusted. And people playing in bronze or silver district thinking that it's fun does not matter. The game should only be adjusted around the top 1% skill gameplay and should not have any tools to allow players of lesser skill to kill/win against a better player ever. Skill should decide that cuz otherwise it will make the game not fun for anyone but the person ruining the fun for others. It's like a group is playing a basketball match using the official ruleset on some public basketball field, and then some casual joins in but has shoes that allow him to jump 30cm higher than he would otherwise and he gets a few scores because of that, he still got less scores any anyone else but he still got some cuz of the shoes instead of his skill. So it's not cuz I don't like to die to them or cuz it ruins the fun for me specifically. It's cuz it does that to anyone that's playing at a high skill level and pvp games should only be based around the top skill level. You don't see basketball being based around casuals playing at their local public basketball field. Balance is not only about if a weapon owns and gets may kills, it's about if the kills that weapon does get are earned. With explosive weapons they are not.

Edited by Senodus

Since people insist on putting the item in those little rooms where OPGL works great to clear out the masses of people who sit in there around the corners waiting for the enemy to rush in so they can get easy kills, then I'm gonna use it. If you don't want that, then put the items somewhere else instead of asking LO to disable a weapon made for those types of situations.

What they should disable though is P5 in fightclub, as they did in mission districts. P5 (bounty) is made for when people are ramrading and stuff.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Senodus said:

The game should only be adjusted around the top 1% skill gameplay and should not have any tools to allow players of lesser skill to kill/win against a better player ever.

are you in the top 1%? because most of the players ive encountered who i would place in the top 1% have absolutely no issue completely avoiding explosive deaths

questions of personal skill aside your sentence doesnt even make sense tbh, if youre balancing only around the 1% then you cant also balance around every single player being "stuck" in their current skill level and vice versa

perfectly balanced top 1% gameplay will always mean there are lower effort gameplay options that a high skilled opponent may be able to easily outplay, thus making it balanced at that skill level, but low skill players will essentially be able to "cheese" for easy kills because their opponents are also less skilled - explosives are actually a fairly good example here, as high skill players have little difficulty capitalizing on the category's significant drawbacks, whereas lower skill players may not have the necessary positioning/map knowledge/teamwork/raw aim to do the same

on a side note the misconception that explosives require "no skill" is pretty common, but really they just require a different set of skills from the hitscan weapons

• Like 1

Explosives are annoying but they really aren't an issue. I'd rather they disable asylum and bring back beacon.

Explosives in asylum should be a bannable offense. This is a hill im willing to die on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Explosives are annoying and still a big issue on asylum. I'd rather some admin reply here.

2 hours ago, Senodus said:

Snip

So you've gone from admitting they're not OP and are worse than non-explosive AV weapons to likening them to a basketball player having magic boots that increase his jump height by 30cm which enable him to close the gap on better players? Surely that means you do think they're OP? Make up your mind.

And as for your comments about balancing the game around the "top 1% skill gameplay", it's fairly obvious from your comments that you don't fall into that category. So maybe you should stop talking about what does and doesn't need to be part of the game if the criteria you're setting is how it effects the absolute best of the best.

11 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

Explosives are annoying and still a big issue on asylum. I'd rather some admin reply here.

Yes, LO should immediately come in here and announce a ban on explosive weapons in Asylum because of a straw poll that 90% of the playerbase haven't even seen.

Edited by MrChan

2 hours ago, Motorola said:

Explosives are annoying but they really aren't an issue. I'd rather they disable asylum and bring back beacon.

Still waiting for it 7 years...

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

I like how people use that argument of OPGL fitting in asylum because it was meant to rush out masses of players because it just shows why it should be disabled in asylum at all.

You have masses in asylum. You have hiding rooms. You have bottleneck areas. A lot of them.

OPGL is just over the top mobile artillery that is fatal and just too good in that area because this map is built on a lot of close range areas.

On the other hand you as a player have grenades. Percs for quick 1v1's, frag grenades, concs which also work in smoking out certain areas. Low yields as well.

I also mentioned the EOL series. They are fine because they don't have the capacity to kill 5~6 people at once just because they have to think about how to rush that spot where constant heavy artillery fire is coming from.

One should play with whatever they have fun with.

opgl having no wind-up timer but deep impact having one lol

haha

I'm dead inside

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bambola said:

One should play with whatever they have fun with.

Then let me play with this

yYuyjB3.png

On 10/17/2020 at 9:11 PM, ReaperTheButcher said:

i dont think that it is a silver character mind you, i have my own reasoning for this.
[picture]

do you ever post anything other than self ego boosting

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 7:02 PM, Latsha said:

Just to prove someone wrong.

Merged.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:22 AM, Meterora said:

opgl having no wind-up timer but deep impact having one lol

haha

I'm dead inside

This is one thing that has to change, either ruin the OPGL as they do to every other "OP" weapon, or should they just buff the neglected weapons instead.

That what happens when you listen to silvers (True silvers and fake goldies or low tier golds) and give them place in weapon balancing threads, instead they should be at the back door or if any just kicked the fk out of those conversations...

1 hour ago, Latsha said:

does it upset you though?

41 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

That what happens when you listen to silvers 

All opinions are welcome. Whether from average players like you, or top tier golds, every opinion matters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

All opinions are welcome. Whether from average players like you, or top tier golds, every opinion matters. 

Thanks for the "compliment" baby

3 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

This is one thing that has to change, either ruin the OPGL as they do to every other "OP" weapon, or should they just buff the neglected weapons instead.

That what happens when you listen to silvers (True silvers and fake goldies or low tier golds) and give them place in weapon balancing threads, instead they should be at the back door or if any just kicked the fk out of those conversations...

Since there is no dislike button anymore, so i can show my disgust for your ignorant post, i gonna use this post here to disagree with your statement.

I better be a low tier gold than someone flexing with his almost 250k kills degrading a lot of people and claiming they should be left behind or kicked out of conversations. I'd rather say, that mindsets like yours have no place in such conversations (there wasnt anything valuable from your side anyway besides protecting your precious nuke stick) nor it has place in the community and should never set foot here. Just think before you post bs.

Wow, that's actually better than just disliking.

• Like 1

i can handle the ptsd ear ringing effect of nade spam/rocket spam. it's the corner camping twat waffles outside with a sniper rifle fuckers i hate. seriously it's annoying when your across the map and some twat waffle snipers you twice while running across the court yards because there's no cover or very little

8 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

i can handle the ptsd ear ringing effect of nade spam/rocket spam. it's the corner camping twat waffles outside with a sniper rifle fuckers i hate. seriously it's annoying when your across the map and some twat waffle snipers you twice while running across the court yards because there's no cover or very little

mlNZlr0.png

Ignore the red circle i had to download it from somewhere but this is the best way to not even avoid snipers but also taking them out. Same goes for the inner yard. Find a way around, have environment awareness and snipers aren't that much of an issue. Some of them dont even expect you from NOT running across the yard where no cover is.

OPGL is easier at that spot with the green circles. You just blast some nades into those little houses and kill everyone in there and those who spawned and can't just run out because there's explosions everywhere nor they have real cover inside of them. There are good ways to still outsmoke that area if people decide to camp there.

19 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Since there is no dislike button anymore, so i can show my disgust for your ignorant post, i gonna use this post here to disagree with your statement.

I better be a low tier gold than someone flexing with his almost 250k kills degrading a lot of people and claiming they should be left behind or kicked out of conversations. I'd rather say, that mindsets like yours have no place in such conversations (there wasnt anything valuable from your side anyway besides protecting your precious nuke stick) nor it has place in the community and should never set foot here. Just think before you post bs.

Wow, that's actually better than just disliking.

I stand tall on my statement there, as the nature of those conversations is related to weapon balancing, it is a natural instinct to listen to the more experienced and seasoned veterans, Elders, anyone below this "status" will just suggest stupid, terroristic  and hysterical suggestions that will just sabotage the Ying yang in weapon balancing which is a fine line you don't want to stumble upon, that's just how things are, not in your position nor power to tell me where to leave a footmark as much as you'd loved to.

Yours truly Beloved.