SkrotN

What's your opinion on explosives in Asylum?

Remove explosions in Asylum  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should disable explosive weapons from Asylum? For example the OPGL and Osmaw.

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Cuve said:

Why in the hell would you need a new GPU if you're buying a new motherboard?!

If you have an agp graphics card?

... I'm so old.

• Like 1

No ban joker carbine. I swear the most kills i ever see on asylum is from that gun.  

I don’t think they should completely disable explosives, just limit it to 1 per team.

@SkrotN you dork i was about to post that 😢 Was planning that for so long god dammit!

To be honest my only grudge here goes towards OPGL in asylum. OSMAW and Volcano can be annoying but they are very limited. You are very stationary, slow and dont have much options to protect yourself in close range which... asylum is basicaly about. I had lots of fights against Rocketmen and if you directly go to their places you'll be able to easily kill them. They have to relocate themselfs again which takes time and not every corner is effective.

OPGL on the other hand is a different thing. It is basicaly very mobile heavy artillery than can be used in every corner. You can make it's nades bounce of walls and fire around corners effectively trapping your opponents and making it very hard to predict or escape due to its explosion range. And no matter if enemy or team mate it forces your entire team to play different if you have such guys around. When i try to ambush people and jump from one level of the building down to another one to suprise them but a OPGL player already fired his nade all controll left which is also a different point.

Compared to OSMAW/Volcano, OPGL has nothing that indicates anything. You hear a Rocketlauncher and have time to prepare yourself, no matter if its coming from enemy or team mate. You can either try to run them out or prepare yourself so your teammate won't hit you.

OPGL on the other hand just has that "FUMP!" noise an thats it. The nades fly rather quickly, they are small and not so easy to predict. 

Comparing them directly

OSMAW/Vulcano:

+ They are very heavy and stationary explosives

+ They don't have that much ammo capacity

+ You have to relocate yourself everytime you get killed

+ There is controll of loud noises and limited slow flying

projectiles (1~2 shots per mag)

- They can also backfire due to Asylums nature of people

mostly running around constantly moving

OPGL:

+ Effective in rushing closed areas ... which are everywhere in Asylum containing emenies and Teammates

- No indicator of when you fire it

- Once you fire it the controll is completely off and hard to predict for others

- For it's very hard hitting (Or onehitting) potential it is very mobile

and you can easily relocate yourself, firing from somewhere else

- There is constant pressure on both enemy and teammates in a very close range area

Yes that might seem a little bit obvious that i am against OPGL and list more - than + but there is almost no positive aspect that explains why OPGL should stay in Asylum. I was thinking about a way to nerf the weapon like turning it into it's christmas brother the HoHoHo PGL giving it a windup time and when you hold it down you fire all 4 shots after each other. That means if you interrupt firing your weapon you have to windup again for each shot but i rather avoid "Nerfs".

It only annoys me and a lot of other players in Asylum except of those who are hovering through this map like literal gods and be able to dodge that somehow.

I could add some screenshots of lots of people complaining in the chat but i think thats not neccessary.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, foscor77 said:

No ban joker carbine. I swear the most kills i ever see on asylum is from that gun.  

Ban you.

9 hours ago, Motorola said:

disable asylum bring back beacon.

Rather have them disable Baylan for that 😄

7 hours ago, foscor77 said:

Barely see it used in there, just use an OCA or JG and you'll be fine 😉

4 hours ago, Lign said:

I don’t think they should completely disable explosives, just limit it to 1 per team.

They'll still have their hand grenades so they should be a-okay ^^ 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Westford said:

Grenades, and more so the OPGL, are great tools for clearing out or softening up targets in hallways and rooms.

21 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

i dont think that it is a silver character mind you, i have my own reasoning for this.

21 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

And you found some more formidable type of player who disagrees with this.

To Reaper and Westford, this is a matter of what a map is made for, in this matter Asylum is CQC.

Though you may be able to play long/mid ranged weapons successfully in Asylum that is besides the point,

as a player on Asylum you have to push a lot of chokes, that can be extremely hard for a player to push if you have a spammable AOE(Area of Effect) damaging weapon making that push impossible.

Though it may also be hard to push a JG on a corner you can flush out that spot with a grenade or two.

Having someone just clicking M1 with almost no need to aim is frustrating and out right boring(+teamkilling can be and is an issue).

The game is not supposed to be egocentrical it is supposed to be fun for everyone, it is not fun to be held down on a choke, it is not fun to be incapable of pusing because someone is pressing

M1 from time to time being rewarded for a low effort playstyle.

It is not a formidable defense, it is a cowards response to low effort and high reward gameplay.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, otto___ said:

To Reaper and Westford, this is a matter of what a map is made for, in this matter Asylum is CQC.

Though you may be able to play long/mid ranged weapons successfully in Asylum that is besides the point,

as a player on Asylum you have to push a lot of chokes, that can be extremely hard for a player to push if you have a spammable AOE(Area of Effect) damaging weapon making that push impossible.

Though it may also be hard to push a JG on a corner you can flush out that spot with a grenade or two.

Having someone just clicking M1 with almost no need to aim is frustrating and out right boring(+teamkilling can be and is an issue).

The game is not supposed to be egocentrical it is supposed to be fun for everyone, it is not fun to be held down on a choke, it is not fun to be incapable of pusing because someone is pressing

M1 from time to time being rewarded for a low effort playstyle.

It is not a formidable defense, it is a cowards response to low effort and high reward gameplay.

I agree, i think the spots the capture items end up in might be the problem, my suggestion is to revamp the missions in asylum, maybe make it a deathmatch to 150 kills and the other mission will be capture a point, but one way or another the "capture the item" missions have to go, from experience, the item end up in that studio with the speakers and you have 3-4 people spam all the doorways with an OPGL you could go through to get to the item.

Having the OPGL itself disabled and not fixing the problem itself is not that smart.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

Then we lose the sweet variety of missions that Asylum has. You have missions where people are spread all across the map and item hold missions that make people concentrate around a certain area. The problems are not the missions. The problem is that we have a weapon that has a large damage range, can deal a huge amount of damage, can be fired around corners, etc. OPGL in it's design doesnt fit into asylum. Why would you use heavy artillery in a closed building while you and your team mates are in it?

And as i said. Every other explosive weapon is okay in my opinion and i explained why. I left out the EOL grenade launchers but they are also fine.

Rocket launchers are very limited, EOLs arent such stomping tools of doom like OPGL but can be used in a similiar manner to force people out of certain corners.

6 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

I was thinking about a way to nerf the weapon like turning it into it's christmas brother the HoHoHo PGL giving it a windup time and when you hold it down you fire all 4 shots after each other. That means if you interrupt firing your weapon you have to windup again for each shot but i rather avoid "Nerfs".

nerfing a gun because it performs well in fight club lmao

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 404 said:

nerfing a gun because it performs well in fight club lmao

So what? Weapons get changed if they perform too good or if they are used for other purposes where they give you a too good advantage. And it was just an idea where i also said that i rather not have it changed.

1 hour ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Then we lose the sweet variety of missions that Asylum has. You have missions where people are spread all across the map and item hold missions that make people concentrate around a certain area. The problems are not the missions. The problem is that we have a weapon that has a large damage range, can deal a huge amount of damage, can be fired around corners, etc. OPGL in it's design doesnt fit into asylum. Why would you use heavy artillery in a closed building while you and your team mates are in it?

And as i said. Every other explosive weapon is okay in my opinion and i explained why. I left out the EOL grenade launchers but they are also fine.

Rocket launchers are very limited, EOLs arent such stomping tools of doom like OPGL but can be used in a similiar manner to force people out of certain corners.

We could have the same missions as Baylan shipping has and it will have enough variety, your point is dull as a smooth rock.
and as someone said before, you don't nerf/disable a weapon because it preforms good in certain areas/maps, that just not how things work.

it is the same as if you said, the OCA is too good in close quarters and especially in Asylum, disable it !!! okay lad... it is not a serious conversation coming from you.

@ReaperTheButcher Just a small reminder that Asylum was made for close range weapons such as SMGs and Shotguns but also has aspects where mid-long has a chance. 

But not for mobile heavy artillery in closed rooms with lots of ammo capacity, mobility and less predictability for both team mates and opponents forcing them to stay back A LOT especially at bottleneck areas. If you would've read my larger posts you wouldn't say that my standpoint is as dull as a smooth rock.

Otherwise i could just go with "blah blah blah this is what a total OPGL fanboy would say your argument is invalid."

Think about it. 

55 minutes ago, JunoSuzuki said:

@ReaperTheButcher Just a small reminder that Asylum was made for close range weapons such as SMGs and Shotguns but also has aspects where mid-long has a chance. 

But not for mobile heavy artillery in closed rooms with lots of ammo capacity, mobility and less predictability for both team mates and opponents forcing them to stay back A LOT especially at bottleneck areas. If you would've read my larger posts you wouldn't say that my standpoint is as dull as a smooth rock.

Otherwise i could just go with "blah blah blah this is what a total OPGL fanboy would say your argument is invalid."

Think about it. 

At the end, we both know something, and this is one thing, that the OPGL wont be disabled in asylum, as if they already wanted to do it, they've already done it long ago, that's really obvious.

6 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

At the end, we both know something, and this is one thing, that the OPGL wont be disabled in asylum, as if they already wanted to do it, they've already done it long ago, that's really obvious.

At the end none of us two decide alone and the community as a whole shows where the preferences are.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, ShaiShai said:

i dont play fight club so i dont care if it stays or not, fight club is for cheaters to test their bots and make sure they are working correctly so i avoid it like a plague

Of course.... You just accused at least 40 players for cheating.

Basically the logic of a bronze is "If i can't kill him, he is cheating!" and that my friend is how you are stayed in bronze. Gj.

• Like 2

I love the way this basically started as a shitpost from the OP and yet people are now genuinely suggesting the removal of explosive weapons from Asylum.

The only reason explosives are annoying is because Asylum habitually runs several item hold rounds in a row usually spawning the item at or near one of a few specific choke spots, like the room near the pool, (and if it doesn't, the sadarses who play this game inevitably bring it to one), which can be easily filled with ordinance. Which can get a little tedious several rounds in a row.

Maybe the game splitting up the item hold rounds more, or  more variety in placement to break up the constant camping gameplay might be a better plan than disabling explosives?

Also OPGL life, bro.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 2

Explosives are annoying but they really aren't an issue. I'd rather they disable shotguns and pmgs on asylum.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Explosives are annoying but they really aren't an issue. I'd rather they disable shotguns and pmgs on asylum.

Shotguns and pmgs are annoying but they really aren't an issue. I'd rather they disable Explosives guns on asylum.

• Like 2

Some people just like to blow.

Can't see problem with that.

14 hours ago, MrChan said:

I love the way this basically started as a shitpost from the OP

HELLO THERE.

I Honestly didnt try to "shitpost" but i do think this is an issue that has to be dealt with in one way or another. I like the idea to disable weapons like OPGL and Osmaw in Asylum and that's my honest opinion.

I do understand that for some it could come of as a shitpost, gotta have abit of fun aswell 🙂

OPGL = no fun

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Excuse me but how is a PMG annoying exactly? Have you perhaps missed the memo of the PMG being nerfed? 

Explosives are just for the "gamers" that do not have the brain capacity to put their crosshair on another player (just talking about Asylum here)
No one in this god forsaken game has the ability anymore to play it without even throwing or shooting one single explosive, it's just boring patootie gameplay and then to think that people would rather remove JG's from Asylum?!

You barely have the chance to even camp a corner with a JG as there will always be a chance of an enemy coming up behind you or the enemy having a ridiculous spawn (which of course is a reoccurring theme within APB). Let's not even start on how inconsistent the JG or even shotguns in general are. Shotguns shouldn't be in a 3rd person shooter, I agree, but they're nothing stronger in Asylum than the OCA (which is a ridiculous gun... gj LO) or whatever you're using. 

• Like 2