Sign in to follow this  
Zatro

Idea to stop people from complaining about "p2w"

This might be a terrible idea, I haven't given it a single hour of thought, but I wanted to get it out there, see what people think.

A lot of players leave the game because, according to them, it's pay to win. When, in any case, it's pay2avoidSomeGrinding. I've even seen people leave the game saying it's full of people with p2w weapons, and when I asked what those weapons were, they said things like "OPGL", "OSCAR", "JOKER CR5", "PDW". When all of these are either contact guns or reskins of contact guns.

My idea is the following: Give every new account 1 permanent and untradeable weapon of choice.

That way, if they insist that this weapon is OP, they can actually go and try it for themselves, and if they like it, they can stick to that account.

I know, I know, LO has done a lot in regards to this matter with the Joker Store, but asking a newcomer to grind thousands of Joker Tickets is probably almost as much as asking them to purchase $20 worth of g1c.

The obvious disadvantage of this, is the amount of money people would put into the game. If you give everything for free, then no one might purchase g1c anymore and you can't fund the devs / server / etc. But maybe something like this could help players stick to the game longer and eventually they may purchase g1c for cosmetics? At least that's what I would hope for.

Also, once (if) they see the weapons were not the problem*, they may start complaining about matchmaking. But hey, at least they would be right in that scenario.

*or, if according to them, they were, they would own one of the weapons they deem so OP. Then if they want more, it would make more sense to ask them to either farm 10,000JT, APB$4,000,000, or to just purchase $20 worth of G1C

I want to know what you guys think. Peace.

PS: Yeah, I know free 30min trials are a thing

Edited by Zatro

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

you do know you get a perma gun from finishing the tutorial right and it gives a bit of choice for said gun. i know it isn't a 3 slot or something fancy but you really do not need mods to get kills. and if ou gave anyone free gun of any kind that was perma. well there would be issues. like in example if they got jt guns lets say a ursus or AAEPD which you can trade that would flood the market with guns. or if you got guns that are super broken the game would be flooded with said guns to a point no one would want to play. being that accounts are free and infinite you could also pump out tradable guns like Chinese factory which kills the value of all guns. so this is a bad idea 

LO should change the permanent weapon choice so that all weapons come with 1 open slot. This way new players can be taught the importance of mod slots.

I mean this all makes sense, but these kind of people will search for a new excuse for beeing bad.
They will start calling people hackers.