Mercedeez

RealTime Worlds... 2022 come back rumors

Would you like to see APB 2.0 (completely new from scratch) with a 60 $ pricetag?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see APB 2.0 (completely new from scratch) with a 60 $ pricetag?

• Yes
    • Unsure
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/18/38 at 11:15 PM

I'd just like to begin by saying, I'm so happy to see APB still thriving and being successful after these years. Seeing as this game has yielded me so many fond memories and what not. Although, I came here today asking if there's any confirmation of the rumours stated above in the title. Is RTW really making a comeback and creating an APB 2.0 with Little Orbit?

if this version of apb is f2p and not even a good f2p why the fuck would i want to see a v2 at 60$ that feels like saying "this pile of trash is cooler because i poured gas on it and lit it on fire"

• Like 2

little orbit is not rtw

rtw isnt coming back

why would anyone want to pay 60 bucks for rtw apb 2.0 when rtw apb 1.0 crashed and burned so hard it became an industry legend?

Edited by 404
typo

Ah yes, lemme spend 60$ on a game that has been F2P almost forever and I already spent more than 300 dollars on.

If the price tag chase away people that got banned for violating EULA, that will be welcome.

I am not saying that there wasn't such people when APB wasn't free to play, but there were certainly thinking it twice to reroll.

• Like 2

Monthly no. One time fee per account for the reason explained above, yes.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mercedeez said:

I'd just like to begin by saying, I'm so happy to see APB still thriving and being successful after these years. Seeing as this game has yielded me so many fond memories and what not. Although, I came here today asking if there's any confirmation of the rumours stated above in the title. Is RTW really making a comeback and creating an APB 2.0 with Little Orbit?

Realtime worlds shut down in 2010.

Gta 5 cost $265m to develop(profit over 6 bilion)This answer the question if we gonna ever see new APB game(well maded)Best things that could happen in current game is the engine upgrade being a success,more players coming in,LO making more money and in future they decide to work on Midtown and add it to the game(if that even possible)If the game keep growing-who knows what the future holds..If LO become big company and decide to start developin new APB game from scratch(or just gta inspired game)they probably will do it(or another company if buy apb)

I've spent thousands on APB and even I wouldn't pay 60$ for an entry fee on it.

That's just a stupid way to block off population. Games like this survive on them being entry free.

Also RTW is gone and isn't coming back. Everyone that was on it either went to another company, or G1 and subsequently to other companies. There is no rumor going around.

i would spend 20$ for a month to play apb in good game performance and high quality content.

reminder apb costed a 100 Million to make 💰

Edited by Ketog

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I've spent thousands on APB and even I wouldn't pay 60$ for an entry fee on it.

For me, it's less the ticket inside as compared to the thousands of dollars in account bound content I have unlocked.

Not really interested in just letting that slip away in favour of the same game "2.0", whatever the hell that means.

8 hours ago, Ketog said:

Somewhat disingenuous.

It cost a 100 million to mismanage. Efficiency is important and they were definitely not.

Edited by EvaPooh

10 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

It cost a 100 million to mismanage. Efficiency is important and they were definitely not.

RTW got 100mil in investment funding* that included 3-4 projects not just APB. APB was not 100mil, pretty common misconception.

8 hours ago, Ketog said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

RTW got 100mil in investment funding* that included 3-4 projects not just APB. APB was not 100mil, pretty common misconception.

Cause it's buzz wordy... Phrasy. Buzz phrase...? Anyway, yeah. LOL

I would even pay 100 USD for the game, but as long as this game is owned by LO, I will neither play it nor spend a cent on it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ketog said:

100 mil was the company's total capital. A lot of which went to project MyWorld

it feels a tad too late for anything of the sort of be popular now days. 

Tech and games in general evolved so much since ps3 days that it would be a shot in the foot to do something like that without making an entire different game.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, Ketog said:

They didn't get all the money for just this project and they were also mismanaging it a lot. On top of it the UE was pretty primitive at that time. APB isn't even an open world like in other games. They had to find a way to "stitch" together few arenas and let us traverse it. There was no time cycle and many things included. Nowdays they could utilize everything that UE4 (or something else) has to offer and reduce the amount of custom code, work and people.

18 hours ago, PepeHands said:

@OP where exactly is the RTW come back rumors source??

This. Still want to know the source of these "rumours."

7 hours ago, PepeHands said:

They didn't get all the money for just this project and they were also mismanaging it a lot. On top of it the UE was pretty primitive at that time. APB isn't even an open world like in other games. They had to find a way to "stitch" together few arenas and let us traverse it. There was no time cycle and many things included. Nowdays they could utilize everything that UE4 (or something else) has to offer and reduce the amount of custom code, work and people.

People always forget about that. The amount of work that not just RTW, but getting in EPIC themselves, to turn the very early version of EU3 in to a mutated monster to get APB to work.

• Like 1

In todays day and age NO multiplayers game has even the tiniest chance of surviving without being free 2 play. The only multiplayer games that can still allow themselves to be buy 2 play are COD, Battlefield and GTA. Every other newer multiplayer game that tries to be buy 2 play dies, so I don't see APB breaking that pattern.