Sign in to follow this  
Elitist1337

What defines a "tryhard"?

On 10/24/2020 at 4:11 PM, CookiePuss said:

You cant be serious. 

This is next level ridiculousness,  even from you.

Why is this rediculous ?  In every competition around the world this systems are put in place to stop this kind of behavior. If a team is not good enough, they get religated into a lower league to compete in, until they are good enough to step up into the higher leagues. The Teams is the higher leagues are not allowed follow them down there in order to beat them some more.

6 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Why is this rediculous ?  In every competition around the world this systems are put in place to stop this kind of behavior. If a team is not good enough, they get religated into a lower league to compete in, until they are good enough to step up into the higher leagues. The Teams is the higher leagues are not allowed follow them down there in order to beat them some more.

The comment was in regards to farming new players, not dethreating. 

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The comment was in regards to farming new players, not dethreating. 

I mean in most scenarios, I would assume farming new players means you'd have to most likely dethreat to get to that point? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

I mean in most scenarios, I would assume farming new players means you'd have to most likely dethreat to get to that point? 

I think this was in regards to facing new players in general, not so much focusing on the how of it all. 

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think this was in regards to facing new players in general, not so much focusing on the how of it all. 

Well, correct, it sure seems that way. My point was moreso that most of those scenarios for facing new players like that would involve dethreating, in terms of "farming" specifically. If a new player is thrown into my district and I can tell its a newbie (at least I have in the past), generally I've gone a lot easier on them. I'm not sure I want to get too deep into the whole ordeal, I personally don't like the idea of farming newbies and prefer real competition around my level, I've also been in fights where I felt like the newbie vs the others because of how disorganized/tilted I was in comparison or how blatant the enemy was at cheating lol. 

I don't think "winning" vs newbies is bad, but I also don't think extending matches vs them or intentionally throwing the whole thing is good either. They don't learn from you giving them free handouts, and they don't get enjoyment from a dragged out fight against players they can't beat. Whole thing is a 2 way street on that note, and it's just unfortunate. Also people like to winstreak so asking them to quit the game just for that? Seems dumb. This is in regards to the newbies being in a higher up district, where they fight the better players. 

Tryharding is not beating your enemy simply, or farming newbies though. It's how you do it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Mostly unless in silver, but correct

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Correct, dethreating is already bannable, the reasons for it "aside", so there wasn't any focus on it. As that was more or less part of the "CoC rule 2 discussion"

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

I don't think "winning" vs newbies is bad, but I also don't think extending matches vs them or intentionally throwing the whole thing is good either. They don't learn from you giving them free handouts, and they don't get enjoyment from a dragged out fight against players they can't beat. Whole thing is a 2 way street on that note, and it's just unfortunate. Also people like to winstreak so asking them to quit the game just for that? Seems dumb. This is in regards to the newbies being in a higher up district, where they fight the better players.

^^^ Something we agree on for once.

I don't ask players to lose if i've gotten a team of newbies. I have once in a while asked enemies to take it slightly easier on them but feel free to take me out as normal. I don't expect people to lose for newbies to win, nor do i expect them to "take it easy" on them either, though it is nice sometimes to know that people do take it a little easier for the sake of trying to keep a population going. I simply find extending missions to farm them rather... scrubby.

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

tryharding is not beating your enemy simply...It's how you do it. 

^

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Maybe someone that plays an some hours per day everyday, that have an really good pc and put an potato quality to get the max of fps as possible, that have some mouse with extra buttons and manufacture macros to take more advantage, that uses most secure/op guns, and those things, on other worlds ppl that use all possible things to take the most advantage/performance over others on all ways possible to take an win like "loosing its not an option"

• Like 2

when x does y to me and it makes me feel z, you're a tryhard.

but when i make you feel z because i do y and i am x, i'm just playing the game.

this was posted by the "i haven't actually played the game in over five years" gang

Edited by Voerman
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this