Sign in to follow this  
Elitist1337

What defines a "tryhard"?

7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Pretty sure banning dethreaters and mission AFKers is part of Rule 2. Just as mission griefing/blocking. Why "shouldn't" intentionally farming new players fall under it? They won't ban anyone who's clearly playing fair, not cheating, not breaking CoC, and playing "in the spirit of the game" as per LO has stated. Is "Farming new players" in the "spirit of the game"? I'd argue that farming people in general, actually isn't, is gameplay enjoyability for the community a "bad thing"? I think you have either taken what I said wrong, or you strongly believe that farming a bunch of newbies for 35 kills a match+ (not talking fight club) is permissible.

Do understand, I'm not saying one cannot camp items in tough spots, nor that they cannot/should not "run" in missions. That's fair game. I'm simply saying that bypassing design loopholes/glitches (medium item ms exploit), farming new players, and such, are things that are defined by the CoC and EULA, as things not permissible. If you wish to object, feel free to, but also understand, the game's CoC and EULA are pretty clear.

I have intentionally kicked the patootie of new players many times, dragged out the mission to get more kills, or "farmed" as you call it, and guess what? they very rarely complain about it. But you do.
Let's say that stupid rule of "farming new players" not being permissible was actually a real thing, against everyone's will but yours and a couple of losers.
Let me show you how dumb it would be:

How long is someone a "new player"? Until what rank? How many hours? What about rerolls? is it per account? how many kills would be considered "farming"?
What does one do when reaching the limit for when they start farming? Stop playing? Hand a walk-over? is it just for kills? arrests too? same number arrests as kills?
Do you want GMs wasting their time going around making sure nobody kills the new guys too much? Or should it be auto enforced against the "farmer" once they reach too many kills against new players? Auto ban? Auto kick? Auto end mission? Auto Walk-over? Kicked from team? demerit? What about if a new good player "farms" another new bad player? I'm sure everyone would love getting penalized for beating new players too much......
What if we kill them more than we are allowed to by accident then?

Do you get the point or should I pose more stupid questions?

Nobody on this planet would even think about checking the rules if killing new players too much would be against some rule, in any game, ever. Well, you did so you're the exception.

Your whole idea about "farming new players" being not permissible is an absolutely ridiculous idea. I've proven that it in this post.

Edited by Cr0
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

"intentionally farming new players". Do you even hear what that sounds like in your head as you write it?
I have intentionally kicked the patootie of new players many times, dragged out the mission to get more kills, or "farmed" as you call it, and guess what? they very rarely complain about it. But you do.
Let's say that stupid rule of "farming new players" not being permissible was actually a real thing, against everyone's will but yours and a couple of losers.
Let me show you how dumb it would be:

How long is someone a "new player"? Until what rank? How many hours? What about rerolls? is it per account? how many kills would be considered "farming"?
What does one do when reaching the limit for when they start farming? Stop playing? Hand a walk-over? is it just for kills? arrests too? same number arrests as kills?
Do you want GMs wasting their time going around making sure nobody kills the new guys too much? Or should it be auto enforced against the "farmer" once they reach too many kills against new players? Auto ban? Auto kick? Auto end mission? Auto Walk-over? Kicked from team? demerit? What about if a new good player "farms" another new bad player? I'm sure everyone would love getting penalized for beating new players too much......
What if we kill them more than we are allowed to by accident then?

Do you get the point or should I pose more stupid questions?

Nobody on this planet would even think about checking the rules if killing new players too much would be against some rule, in any game, ever. Well, you did so you're the exception.

Your whole idea about "farming new players" being not permissible is an absolutely ridiculous idea. I've proven that it in this post.

You've proven nothing honestly. All you've said is that you believe it's stupid to not be allowed to farm newbies intentionally. I consider "newbs" players under rank 50 or so. I also clearly defined what farming was, the total kills doesn't matter, if the objective is to extend the mission as long as possible to farm another player to level roles.

New players don't generally even know how to /g or /t let alone /d chat, so i don't think you even have a point there about "they never complain. I've had a number of R50's that I had to inform how to reply to /w, /t, and /g, so again "no-one complains" because newbs have no bloody clue how to even say shit.

You also falsely assume that it's based on kills, or that you should intentionally lose. In which case you're strawmanning, so allow me to explain.

Extending the mission when you could win that round, to intentionally get more kills/arrests, aka level roles on new players, is farming. Playing normally, and trying to win, and actually failing to protect the obj, or w/e is fine. Key difference there. If you can't figure out which one is which, I suggest learning how to play APB reloaded after 7 years of game time.

So, I want you to very clearly, explain "why" intentionally farming new players for roles, is acceptable. Without saying "it's possible via mechanics so it must be okay". Why should it be socially acceptable to do so, when the population is low enough as is due to chasing away newbs by doing such tactics? Do you believe that doing so "is in the spirit of the game"?

Can you give me an honest reason as to why the APB playerbase should simply "accept and encourage" farming of new players? Without first ignoring the negative repurcussions of doing so?

I highly doubt you can give me honest answers to any of these questions without first looking like a prick.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Tryhard is someone who no matter the game, no matter the situation, will always go "all-in".

I rarely "push" myself to the limit, because I get enough of that shit at work. When I'm at home I play games for fun, and I rather do things for "shits' n' giggles" than go all out with whatever "skill" I may have in the game in question.

14 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You've proven nothing honestly. All you've said is that you believe it's stupid to not be allowed to farm newbies intentionally. I consider "newbs" players under rank 50 or so. I also clearly defined what farming was, the total kills doesn't matter, if the objective is to extend the mission as long as possible to farm another player to level roles.

New players don't generally even know how to /g or /t let alone /d chat, so i don't think you even have a point there about "they never complain. I've had a number of R50's that I had to inform how to reply to /w, /t, and /g, so again "no-one complains" because newbs have no bloody clue how to even say shit.

You also falsely assume that it's based on kills, or that you should intentionally lose. In which case you're strawmanning, so allow me to explain.

Extending the mission when you could win that round, to intentionally get more kills/arrests, aka level roles on new players, is farming. Playing normally, and trying to win, and actually failing to protect the obj, or w/e is fine. Key difference there. If you can't figure out which one is which, I suggest learning how to play APB reloaded after 7 years of game time.

So, I want you to very clearly, explain "why" intentionally farming new players for roles, is acceptable. Without saying "it's possible via mechanics so it must be okay". Why should it be socially acceptable to do so, when the population is low enough as is due to chasing away newbs by doing such tactics? Do you believe that doing so "is in the spirit of the game"?

Can you give me an honest reason as to why the APB playerbase should simply "accept and encourage" farming of new players? Without first ignoring the negative repurcussions of doing so?

I highly doubt you can give me honest answers to any of these questions without first looking like a prick.

"newbs are under rank 50 or so". ... yeah, there are totally not a billion things which can break that assumption.

You don't want people to be able to play the way they want just because the enemy is below rank 50 or so and you don't even see the problems with that for god's sake...
How am I supposed to explain anything to you then in a way that you'll understand it?

I play the game the way it is. But You ... you make up your own rules with vague concepts and complain that others don't play the same way! That's your problem. Like everyone is supposed to do like you, or it's "wrong".  Others don't have to comply with your rules. Do you understand that?. You use vague notions like "socially acceptable" and try to implement rules for it. I don't care what you find socially acceptable. That is a world in your little head. I play the way I want, and so do you. The difference between us is I'll let you do that while you'll complain in chat (as you described it yourself) if I break any of your ideas of what the rules should be. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know.

Nobody has ever in the history of APB been penalized for "farming new players", probably because A) It's NOT deemed not allowed by the EULA,  B) it would be really dumb and C) People would get pissed off.
You call it farming, I call it ... farming, yeah. I'm allowed to do it. If you think it's "socially acceptable"? Who cares?...  I think it is, You don't. What are you gonna do about it? .. oh... what you're already doing, that being "bitching in chat". Well you can be annoying like that forever, or you could just leave people alone about it, realize you're not the center of the universe, and play the game while you send your complaints to LO instead. Your choice,

Edited by Cr0

If you made it past rank 20 without uninstalling the game due to all the Pay2Win advantages, you're a try hard. Seriously, this game is so merciless against new players , throwing them against everyone before they have time to learn anything about San Paro or the mechanics that if you hang in there you have to be trying hard. 

1 minute ago, Drai said:

if you hang in there you have to be trying hard

Lol

There's definitely some truth to this. 

• Like 2

I am having a weird form of deja-vu where i feel i already read this thread 2 or so years ago.

Anyway tryhard always was for me, someone who tries his hardest to win a casual non-competitive match, by cheesing or otherwise using the most lame tactics/setups ever to win.
Tho i guess you can call anyone a tryhard for putting winning in the way of having fun, which is the whole point of the game.

Do those ridiculous people with OSCARs who never go below a 15 to 1 KD ratio count?

On 10/25/2020 at 9:20 AM, Cr0 said:

"newbs are under rank 50 or so". ... yeah, there are totally not a billion things which can break that assumption.

You don't want people to be able to play the way they want just because the enemy is below rank 50 or so and you don't even see the problems with that for god's sake...
How am I supposed to explain anything to you then in a way that you'll understand it?

I play the game the way it is. But You ... you make up your own rules with vague concepts and complain that others don't play the same way! That's your problem. Like everyone is supposed to do like you, or it's "wrong".  Others don't have to comply with your rules. Do you understand that?. You use vague notions like "socially acceptable" and try to implement rules for it. I don't care what you find socially acceptable. That is a world in your little head. I play the way I want, and so do you. The difference between us is I'll let you do that while you'll complain in chat (as you described it yourself) if I break any of your ideas of what the rules should be. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know.

Nobody has ever in the history of APB been penalized for "farming new players", probably because A) It's NOT deemed not allowed by the EULA,  B) it would be really dumb and C) People would get pissed off.
You call it farming, I call it ... farming, yeah. I'm allowed to do it. If you think it's "socially acceptable"? Who cares?...  I think it is, You don't. What are you gonna do about it? .. oh... what you're already doing, that being "bitching in chat". Well you can be annoying like that forever, or you could just leave people alone about it, realize you're not the center of the universe, and play the game while you send your complaints to LO instead. Your choice,

No, my point was simply to make you look like a prick who gladly chases away new blood for their own benefit, and you gladly walked into it. 🙂 

A) They say they have and will ban players griefing, dethreating, mission afking. Don't pretend that "farming new players" can't easily be placed on the list.

B) It'd be dumb by your standards

C) Trash humans deserve to be pissed off

No, the socially acceptable point was to show what kind of playerbase you and others are. If for example the game is to succeed with new blood, then players like you will have to suffer. Social standards in games exist for a reason, you can complain about people pointing out how trashy you are all you want.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

A) They say they have and will ban players griefing, dethreating, mission afking. Don't pretend that "farming new players" can't easily be placed on the list

So passionate and yet completely wrong.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So passionate and yet completely wrong.

well they do ban people for griefing and dethreating so he's not *entirely* wrong

i doubt "farming new players" will ever be a bannable offense unless there are drastic changes made to the game in order to mitigate such behavior as much as possible first 

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

No, my point was simply to make you look like a prick who gladly chases away new blood for their own benefit, and you gladly walked into it.  

A) They say they have and will ban players griefing, dethreating, mission afking. Don't pretend that "farming new players" can't easily be placed on the list.

B) It'd be dumb by your standards

C) Trash humans deserve to be pissed off

No, the socially acceptable point was to show what kind of playerbase you and others are. If for example the game is to succeed with new blood, then players like you will have to suffer. Social standards in games exist for a reason, you can complain about people pointing out how trashy you are all you want.

A) I'm not pretending. It can't. Why do you think they're not doing it and never have? Because it's not a good idea and it wouldn't work. I've explained exactly why but you can't seem to wrap your little head around it.

Meanwhile, you've started seeming obsessed with calling me a "prick", started absurd ramblings about "trash humans" who "deserve to be pissed off", "trash humans deserve to suffer" and "how trashy you are".... I mean... you don't seem okay.

So I'll just not write any more to you I think.

Edited by Cr0

On 10/25/2020 at 8:20 AM, Cr0 said:

You call it farming, I call it ... farming, yeah. I'm allowed to do it. If you think it's "socially acceptable"? Who cares?...  I think it is, You don't. What are you gonna do about it?

On 10/12/2020 at 10:24 AM, Cr0 said:

To me, "tryhards" are those who will do anything to not get beaten, no matter how much it ruins the fun for everyone including themselves.

Destroying new players to feed off of easy kills ruins the fun for new players. No new players is why the game's population is struggling, ruining the fun for everyone else. It's okay though, because you're "technically allowed to do it". Say what you want about that other guy, but at least he has a concept of sportsmanship and common decency, which is more than I can say for the majority of this community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, n0vaxp2 said:

Destroying new players to feed off of easy kills ruins the fun for new players. No new players is why the game's population is struggling, ruining the fun for everyone else. It's okay though, because you're "technically allowed to do it". Say what you want about that other guy, but at least he has a concept of sportsmanship and common decency, which is more than I can say for the majority of this community.

If someone is good enough that he can destroy another player but he's not allowed, because it'd get him banned, then how the heck doesn't that ruin the game for that player? Not being allowed to be "too good". You've gotta be kidding me.
That's what the guy wants. Then he starts rambling about how "trash humans deserves pain and suffering" and you say he has common decency.

You're both nuts!!!

Edited by Cr0

18 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

but he's not allowed, because it'd get him banned, then how the heck doesn't that ruin the game for that player?

The fact that you consider having to fight people of an equal skill level "ruining the game" is beyond telling. Have you ever even taken the time to consider what it's like to be on the receiving end of being curb stomped? Judging by your attitude on the matter, obviously not.

• Like 1

What's wrong with wanting to win and putting effort into it?? APB is a competitive online shooter in a sense that winning is ultimately the goal. If someone understandably desires to achieve that goal and has still fun while doing so, why is it a bad thing to use up all of his resources (within the boundaries of the game) at hand to legitimately reach this goal??

"Tryhard" is such a lame term to degrade someone's victory. Just makes you look like a sore loser.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

6 hours ago, Cr0 said:

If someone is good enough that he can destroy another player but he's not allowed, because it'd get him banned, then how the heck doesn't that ruin the game for that player? Not being allowed to be "too good". You've gotta be kidding me.
That's what the guy wants. Then he starts rambling about how "trash humans deserves pain and suffering" and you say he has common decency.

You're both nuts!!!

There's a stark difference between farming players, and destroying them in a fair match. No-one is saying you can't be a "skilled" player, nor that you can't win. Only that you don't FARM new players. You've been playing for at least 7 years, learn the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, n0vaxp2 said:

The fact that you consider having to fight people of an equal skill level "ruining the game" is beyond telling. Have you ever even taken the time to consider what it's like to be on the receiving end of being curb stomped? Judging by your attitude on the matter, obviously not.

Yeah so now I'm a person who thinks playing against equally skilled players ruins the game? Who would even think that?
Such and obvious deliberate misinterpretation of what I wrote.

I said a player who is not allowed to play his best because he's risking stepping over some rule about "farming new players" has his game ruined, always having to think about how he's playing and if the other guy is new or not, that is now his problem, and where the line goes between stomping and farming. "Oh look out, you're close to farming these people".... That truly is ruining the fun. You and Mr KooKoo there wants to put players like that at risk for getting freekin banned. You think that is a good idea. You think there's an easy lineto draw between farming and stomping/owning and who is new or not. You don't understand. It would be impossible. There are a million things which makes that impossible to enforce without major problems, which I've described clearly, but none of you two understand it. Let's see how you can misinterpret that this time. Or actually it doesn't matter because this is my last post on this thread.

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

There's a stark difference between farming players, and destroying them in a fair match. No-one is saying you can't be a "skilled" player, nor that you can't win. Only that you don't FARM new players. You've been playing for at least 7 years, learn the difference.

Here you go again "you don't farm new players" ... those are YOUR rules. They are not real rules! Hello? anyone home? It's like you're stuck inside your own little box.
 Why are you saying I've played the game for 7 years (it's more) like that's some kind of a good point when you have almost 10.000  posts on this forum and still make no sense.

I'm allowed to farm. Deal with it. You can't get over that obviously. I've explained why it couldn't be correctly enforced, thus why it hasn't been an actual rule ever. But you don't understand. You truly can not understand what I'm saying and what a disaster such a rule would be and the problems it would cause. You don't get it. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.
Imagine having you, a guy rambling about "trash humans who deserves pain and suffering" deciding the rules. Raging out bans left and right, worse than G1 under FF.

OK, that was my last post on this thread.

Edited by Cr0

6 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Here you go again "you don't farm new players" ... those are YOUR rules. They are not real rules! Hello? anyone home? It's like you're stuck inside your own little box.

Why are you saying I've played the game for 7 years (it's more) like that's some kind of a good point when you have almost 10.000  posts on this forum and still make no sense.

I'm allowed to farm. Deal with it. You can't get over that obviously. I've explained why it couldn't be correctly enforced, thus why it hasn't been an actual rule ever. But you don't understand. You truly can not understand what I'm saying and what a disaster such a rule would be and the problems it would cause. You don't get it. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.
Imagine having you, a guy rambling about "trash humans who deserves pain and suffering" deciding the rules. Raging out bans left and right, worse than G1 under FF.

Funny how you consider "destroying" and "farming" synonymous, and can't figure out the difference between playing normally and farming. If you're going to farm, go ahead as you've said. Can't wait til you get forced out of bronze and have to face decent players when the new matchmaking system comes into play.

Farming new players has destroyed this game population, at least you've admitted to being part of that problem, it's a shame you're proud of it.

I don't have pity for bullies and those who helped create today's problems in APB. Me deciding the rules? Imagine thinking I'm deciding the rules when I literally "quote" them.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Yeah so now I'm a person who thinks playing against equally skilled players ruins the game? Who would even think that?
Such and obvious deliberate misinterpretation of what I wrote.

I said a player who is not allowed to play his best because he's risking stepping over some rule about "farming new players" has his game ruined, always having to think about how he's playing and if the other guy is new or not, that is now his problem, and where the line goes between stomping and farming. "Oh look out, you're close to farming these people".... That truly is ruining the fun. You and Mr KooKoo there wants to put players like that at risk for getting freekin banned. You think that is a good idea. You think there's an easy lineto draw between farming and stomping/owning and who is new or not. You don't understand. It would be impossible. There are a million things which makes that impossible to enforce without major problems, which I've described clearly, but none of you two understand it. Let's see how you can misinterpret that this time. Or actually it doesn't matter because this is my last post on this thread.

You're being pedantic and know full well what they mean. He's talking about the kind of people who go out of their own way to consistently get matched against inexperienced low ranking players by dethreating to feel better about themselves (we're talking about blatant rank 255 golds in bronze district levels of cringe). We don't mean the people getting matched up against inexperienced players due to the absolutely garbage matchmaking system in silver districts. If you are one of those people who does intentionally dethreat to curbstomp inexperienced players, then you're breaking the code of conduct and actively contributing to the reasons of why this game has a low/dying population and why I can't get my friends to play this game.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 4:21 PM, CookiePuss said:

a tryhard is anyone better than you

😛

Too many salty players out here 😉

• Like 1

Man this thread was so popcorn worthy.. how did I miss out on this gem?

Tryhard is usually defined as doing anything you can to win, being cheap/cheese included. I think this thread turned into de-threating thread again though for some reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Man this thread was so popcorn worthy.. how did I miss out on this gem?

Tryhard is usually defined as doing anything you can to win, being cheap/cheese included. I think this thread turned into de-threating thread again though for some reason. 

Probably because you saw my name on the side and decided to ignore it. 🤣🤣 (though let's be honest, i'm sure i'm popcorn worthy at times)

Didn't mean to turn it into a dethreat thread if I did.... oops?

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Probably because you saw my name on the side and decided to ignore it. 🤣🤣 (though let's be honest, i'm sure i'm popcorn worthy at times)

Didn't mean to turn it into a dethreat thread if I did.... oops?

Nah, I actually just noticed the thread, and figured it'd be similar to one I've seen before, turns out I was wrong :o. 

I have my own takes on dethreating and the like, but this technically isn't the place to have that discussion lol. I see you've been having a blast though!

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Nah, I actually just noticed the thread, and figured it'd be similar to one I've seen before, turns out I was wrong :o. 

I have my own takes on dethreating and the like, but this technically isn't the place to have that discussion lol. I see you've been having a blast though!

Indeed, it's been rather entertaining at the least.

Sign in to follow this