Sign in to follow this  
Elitist1337

What defines a "tryhard"?

On 10/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, Cr0 said:

To me, "tryhards" are those who will do anything to not get beaten, no matter how much it ruins the fun for everyone including themselves.

Lets be honest, APB needs a lot more of these players.

5 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Lets be honest, APB needs a lot more of these players.

Let's be honest, those players already stomped the community to nonexistance and got bored of playing against eachother. A small handful remains and constantly call on forums to make the game easier for them.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

that was actually intended, so it's moreso "players who make the game extremely boring with bland gameplay and hard to counter tactics which make it impossible to play on equal footing"

no it wasn't. the vehicle health nerf should be a good indicator that it was never intended. also no running with item or as vip wasn't intended either since they nerfed it by making vehicles move slower with item/vip.

Edited by MonkaS

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no it wasn't. the vehicle health nerf should be a good indicator that it was never intended. also no running with item or as vip wasn't intended either since they nerfed it by making vehicles move slower with item/vip.

lower vip/item acceleration doesn't mean running is not intended, it just means that the devs want running to have meaningful drawbacks to compensate for how easy it is

vehicle health nerf was to curb carplay, which is almost the opposite of running 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 404 said:

lower vip/item acceleration doesn't mean running is not intended, it just means that the devs want running to have meaningful drawbacks to compensate for how easy it is

vehicle health nerf was to curb carplay, which is almost the opposite of running 

yea something that is unfun and made gameplay boring is totally intended.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, Elitist1337 said:

Level 0.1 : Always lean when shooting anywhere, including open area.

Level 1: Squat and shoot

Level 2: Squat and shoot, with leaning

Level 99: Shoulder switch on every sniper/shotgun shot, thinking that has tactical advantages

Level MAX: Shoulder switch on any movement/weapon shot with squating (Non stop)

Seriously, I don't understand the psychology of all of the above action.

Only a cheater is the only one who tryhards, everthing else is legit. So sad people question it,...

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

FC districts, for example Baylan is mostly full of tryhards with : N-TEC 5, CR-762, .45 and FBW. There are some guys who probably use nothing else besides these for obvious reason.

Edited by xHenryman90x

if you o see the most tryhard of tryhards go against oca when he's playing with his friends. little shithead will do anything in his power to kill you each and every time no matter what

"Tryhard" is what scrubs call people who play the game how it actually is, instead of how the scrubs wish it was played.

The amount of whining in this thread is mind boggling.

"Boo hoo! The tryhards will do anything to win!"

"They only use the good guns!"

"They'll try to kill you no matter what!"

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Do you play the game to lose?

What do you expect them to do?

Let you kill them every once in a while on purpose?

Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

Edited by Killer Rabbit

On 10/17/2020 at 10:02 AM, Killer Rabbit said:

"Tryhard" is what scrubs call people who play the game how it actually is, instead of how the scrubs wish it was played.

The amount of whining in this thread is mind boggling.

"Boo hoo! The tryhards will do anything to win!"

"They only use the good guns!"

"They'll try to kill you no matter what!"

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Do you play the game to lose?

What do you expect them to do?

Let you kill them every once in a while on purpose?

Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

You have some very good points.

Let me ask you this: Is there anything you will not do in a mission for the reason of it being lame or unsportsmanlike?

Edited by Cr0

On 10/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, Cr0 said:

To me, "tryhards" are those who will do anything to not get beaten, no matter how much it ruins the fun for everyone including themselves.

👏

Give a medal to this guy.

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

You have some very good points.

Let me ask you this: Is there anything you will not do in a mission for the reason of it being lame or unsportsmanlike?

As long as it's not an exploit, like getting the item stuck inside a wall or something.

Otherwise, if the game mechanics allow you to do it - it's fair game.

Edited by Killer Rabbit

2 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

As long as it's not an exploit, like getting the item stuck inside a wall or something.

That's a point of view I always could relate to actually.

Sort of:  People make up their own ideas of "rules" which others are "tryhards" for not following, which is actually a super egotistical approach. But of course, it's the others who are the egotistical ones....

Hm

I might have changed my mind a bit.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, MonkaS said:

You do realize a number of vehicles were initially buffed when the alig got a hard damage buff? Including the pio/especio?

You realize that gunfights in vehicles actually used to be a thing, and has existed since beta, and not once has been decried against by the game creators/moderators?

The made them move slower, NOT because it isn't intended, but because it would be hard as fuck to think of winning against runners otherwise. They ALSO still have not fixed vegas pushing a pio with vip/item.

You ever play pre-nerf slowdown? The whole point of the nerf was to allow the "attackers" a chance because how easy it was to win otherwise. Believe it or not, you couldn't just "chase" a vegas and catch up from behind, and you barely have 1 chance to do so now. You have to get ahead of them, something most players can't figure out, sadly that means using ones head and is rather difficult, and only allows for 1, "maybe" 2 chances at best.

Merged.

On 10/18/2020 at 5:58 PM, Cr0 said:

That's a point of view I always could relate to actually.

Sort of:  People make up their own ideas of "rules" which others are "tryhards" for not following, which is actually a super egotistical approach. But of course, it's the others who are the egotistical ones....

Hm

I might have changed my mind a bit.

I always disagreed with that viewpoint. There's a lot of things that are limited in game normally, that you can bypass. This doesn't make them "sportsman or okay" to do.

For example, hud markers exist to identify objective points. IF the game makers wanted to to defend/protect/stop something, they have marked it via hud as we see for all objectives. For example, item drops say "defend" but said items have no hud, because you're supposed to defend that area.

As such some game play tactics aren't actually "intended" per say, because there's no markers indicating that said items or vehicles be hunted down and camped. A number of missions with vehicles have no hud markers, means you should try stop the vehicle or item at the point. It's the players themselves that decide "you know what I want an easy win, fuck the hud markers i'm camping x 500m from the objective hud".

There's running, which is "okay normally" cheesy yes but w/e. Not an issue right? They have a built in speed and acceleration limiter which makes running harder to do? Cool, now lets bypass it by vegas pushing a vehicle. It can be done, so it must be okay! (it's really bullshoot and needs fixed, but they want to be lazy)

Here we now have medium items, they have a base speed limit right? Cool, now lets just do this glitchy looking jumpy thingy to bypass that! Cool, it's possible must be okay! (again, needs fixed but lazy)

On 10/18/2020 at 3:56 PM, Killer Rabbit said:

Game mechanics allow you to toss it into a wall though, so it has to be fair game, it's not an exploit, it's playing as intended because it's possible. You're allowed to do anything to win because the game mechanics let you. Well, the game mechanics just let me put the item into this wall for safe keeping, so it can't be exploiting, you're just a bad player complaining. Get the item first if you're so good.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You do realize a number of vehicles were initially buffed when the alig got a hard damage buff? Including the pio/especio?

You realize that gunfights in vehicles actually used to be a thing, and has existed since beta, and not once has been decried against by the game creators/moderators?

The made them move slower, NOT because it isn't intended, but because it would be hard as fuck to think of winning against runners otherwise. They ALSO still have not fixed vegas pushing a pio with vip/item.

You ever play pre-nerf slowdown? The whole point of the nerf was to allow the "attackers" a chance because how easy it was to win otherwise. Believe it or not, you couldn't just "chase" a vegas and catch up from behind, and you barely have 1 chance to do so now. You have to get ahead of them, something most players can't figure out, sadly that means using ones head and is rather difficult, and only allows for 1, "maybe" 2 chances at best.

you realize nothing you've said has actually disproven what I said

59 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

you realize nothing you've said has actually disproven what I said

what is there to even disprove?

if running was unintended then it would have been outright removed instead of balanced, because that's what you do to stuff that is unintended

the game was designed with car chases in mind, and we even still have a mission which tries to force running for the final stage

On 10/17/2020 at 10:02 AM, Killer Rabbit said:

That's baloney! So some of us are now called scrubs, just because we want the game to be more balanced. You maybe happy playing the same weapon, driving the same vehicle, using the same mods 24/7, but i want to see more variety. There are so many different things in this game, why am i being forced to play the same thing, using the same tactic as you are? If i am not then i am doomed and lose the mission. Some weapons my look good on paper, but when you play them you are constantly being outmatched. 

No matter how much they test things, people may still find a way to abuse it. Perfect example was N-HVR qs, Scout jump shooting or when they added Vegas 4x4 and players started jumping on roofs. I am sorry sir, but i'm sure this is not how the game was meant to be played

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

That's baloney! So some of us are now called scrubs, just because we want the game to be more balanced. You maybe happy playing the same weapon, driving the same vehicle, using the same mods 24/7, but i want to see more variety. There are so many different things in this game, why am i being forced to play the same thing, using the same tactic as you are? If i am not then i am doomed and lose the mission. Some weapons my look good on paper, but when you play them you are constantly being outmatched. 

No matter how much they test things, people may still find a way to abuse it. Perfect example was N-HVR qs, Scout jump shooting or when they added Vegas 4x4 and players started jumping on roofs. I am sorry sir, but i'm sure this is not how the game was meant to be played

No, you are called scrubs because you are arguing with reality.

I don't care what you think the original game designers "intent" was on how the game "was meant to be played".

The only thing that matters is how the game is played.

You can accept reality for what it is, or you can continue living in disappointment for the rest of your life.

Learn to play the game how it is actually played instead of getting angry at the opposition for not abiding by some rules you made up on what is allowed.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

There's running, which is "okay normally" cheesy yes but w/e. Not an issue right? They have a built in speed and acceleration limiter which makes running harder to do? Cool, now lets bypass it by vegas pushing a vehicle. It can be done, so it must be okay! (it's really bullshoot and needs fixed, but they want to be lazy)

Here we now have medium items, they have a base speed limit right? Cool, now lets just do this glitchy looking jumpy thingy to bypass that! Cool, it's possible must be okay! (again, needs fixed but lazy)

See, your sort of reasoning is what changed my mind about this whole thing with "tryhards".

Veterans are trying to impose an invisible set of rules based on about a decade(!) of APB experience onto everyone else as though they are the center of the universe and decide what is allowed. You don't see a problem with that mindset?

How are players (especially new players) to know and follow all the time exactly what is meant/not "meant" to be possible to do, what is labeled lame etc?, especially as that is ever-changing. Maybe what pulled them into APB was exactly that they can do whatever they want in the world of APB. But then some cranky veterans came along and went "you can't do that". It's actually ridiculous when I think about it.
The only actual framework is the mechanics. Complain to the developers about whatever mechanics you want fixed instead of looking down on people for playing the game the way they want to.

Merged.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, DeadPixels said:

and all of those things got fixed. The mechanics will get changed if it is decided to do so. Some people wanted to keep for example the scout jump shooting but a final decision was made about removing it. So if it would have been kept, would the people who had been using it then have been abusing it in the past being called tryhards, but then no longer labeled tryhards when it was decided to be kept? It's impossible to juggle the unwritten rule balls like that all the time. That's why we should let the mechanics dictate, and if we don't like something then see if it can be changed, instead of looking down on those just playing the game they are served.

10 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

what is there to even disprove?

if running was unintended then it would have been outright removed instead of balanced, because that's what you do to stuff that is unintended

the game was designed with car chases in mind, and we even still have a mission which tries to force running for the final stage

All of you seem to think the devs can patch anything and everything guess what they can't. Making small changes that don't break other things or create more imbalance is the only way to try and alleviate these problems especially when you look at the timeline. RTW goes under a handful of devs who didn't find new jobs get hired by gamersfirst/reloaded(games or productions) these are the "c" or "b" team members not the greatest nor the most qualified of the team. Why do you think they struggled so much understand the systems and sub-systems of apb (yea I get it its spaghetti code[also wasn't the most well documented] but they also weren't the best and brightest of the rtw team). In conclusion today we have an entirely different developer working on apb and by know you should understand there unwillingness to make any 'major' changes for fear they break everything or cause imbalance some were else. Good example of that is tracers.

Edited by MonkaS

26 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

All of you seem to think the devs can patch anything and everything guess what they can't. Making small changes that don't break other things or create more imbalance is the only way to try and alleviate these problems especially when you look at the timeline. RTW goes under a handful of devs who didn't find new jobs get hired by gamersfirst/reloaded(games or productions) these are the "c" or "b" team members not the greatest nor the most qualified of the team. Why do you think they struggled so much understand the systems and sub-systems of apb (yea I get it its spaghetti code[also wasn't the most well documented] but they also weren't the best and brightest of the rtw team). In conclusion today we have an entirely different developer working on apb and by know you should understand there unwillingness to make any 'major' changes for fear they break everything or cause imbalance some were else. Good example of that is tracers.

except we've seen the very things that affect running altered and patched already, some several times, so there's no reason to assume they can't be altered or patched again

4 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

except we've seen the very things that affect running altered and patched already, some several times, so there's no reason to assume they can't be altered or patched again

so what your saying is that the running wasn't intended since they changed it? nice so you agree 

2 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

so what your saying is that the running wasn't intended since they changed it? nice so you agree 

balancing =/= removing, but nice try

we've seen that missions can be removed, so if the running mission was unintended it would be removed

we've seen that vip/item slowdowns can be altered to the point of not even having to be in the vehicle, so if running was unintended they would simply be increased until vehicles could no longer move or even disable vip/item and vehicle interaction entirely

Sign in to follow this