Sign in to follow this  
Elitist1337

What defines a "tryhard"?

Level 0.1 : Always lean when shooting anywhere, including open area.

Level 1: Squat and shoot

Level 2: Squat and shoot, with leaning

Level 99: Shoulder switch on every sniper/shotgun shot, thinking that has tactical advantages

Level MAX: Shoulder switch on any movement/weapon shot with squating (Non stop)

Seriously, I don't understand the psychology of all of the above action.

To me, "tryhards" are those who will do anything to not get beaten, no matter how much it ruins the fun for everyone including themselves.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 10

Playing the game in an unfun and or in a way unintended by the devs. So running or car gameplay etc

3 hours ago, Elitist1337 said:

Level 99: Shoulder switch on every sniper/shotgun shot, thinking that has tactical advantages

Level MAX: Shoulder switch on any movement/weapon shot with squating (Non stop)

sounds like someone is memeing on op lmao

10 minutes ago, Raichu said:

Players who eat, sleep and breathe apb.

That's a nolifer 😁

23 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

That's a nolifer 😁

Its the same thing at this point. All the players who wear the plain shirts with plain or printed combats / joggers, with the black sunglasses. And who start shooting the walls doing all the dodge movements as if the walls are firing back.

• Like 1

playing in a  premade group of 4 EVERY SINGLE time is the real definition of a try hard (gold group btw).

try hards do this:

- they don't solo, they don't play in groups of 2 or 3.

- they only play missions while they are in a group of 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elitist1337 said:

Level 1: Squat and shoot

As a regular squatter this rustles my jimmies. 

I feel like threat colour should be included too, you know, those yellow painted silvers we all know and love, who "can't help but go all-out in every engagement" because "muscle memory" which gives them the above behaviours by default.

a try hard is someone who will use every trick in the book to kill you without letting up cause they have no purpose outside of apb.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Playing the game in an unfun and or in a way unintended by the devs. So running or car gameplay etc

that was actually intended, so it's moreso "players who make the game extremely boring with bland gameplay and hard to counter tactics which make it impossible to play on equal footing"

255 gold in bronze district.

Trying hard to ruin your fun

• Like 3

Those are just things to keep you busy or active/engaged. It's like the thing people do with their legs, shaking or jiggling them.

Other then that, people will call anyone a "tryhard" which lost it's meaning at this point since it's even thrown at a guy who boots the game up every once a while and plays a casual mission or 5. But with a lot of experience in the game knowing where to attack from or what weapons to use against other weapons.

"Oh you beat me? Must be a tryhard."

• Like 1

As much as APB players want to admit it or not, most are try harding. You can clearly see what happens if a weapon gets a slight buff or nerf. The fact is players play meta weapons not because they like playing them, but because they they are slightly better than other. El-Neko made a poll about PMG in August. Even though everybody knew PMG was overpowered, half of the people still voted not. And i'm sure at least 90% of all the people who agreed and disagreed about it being OP still played PMG daily. Nowadays when OCA is slightly better, everybody plays OCA. APB players do stuff like this all the time, god forbids if they would play something they would actually enjoy. Winning is always more important.

The sad part about all of this is that they then brag about it how better they are and type in the chat easy. Just because you decide to not change your weapon, play for fun and don't really care about the game\mission. Amazing players

• Like 3

Any person who is overly focused on playing, and overly focused on not getting beaten. Thus majority of the players in general. Some are just better than the others.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:24 PM, Raichu said:

Its the same thing at this point. All the players who wear the plain shirts with plain or printed combats / joggers, with the black sunglasses. And who start shooting the walls doing all the dodge movements as if the walls are firing back.

HELLO

You're saying 3D glasses wrong. I do love my 3D glasses tho 😉

1 hour ago, SkrotN said:

HELLO

You're saying 3D glasses wrong. I do love my 3D glasses tho 😉

Hi there. Ive mostly seen the black fashion sunglasses or whatever they are called from that armas pack being used much more than the 3D. I love the 3D ones too I won them in an event in 2011 and felt special having them for a while xD

Tryharding is just doing your best. I dont mind it unless done by maxranks, rerolls and dethreaters in bronze.

Sign in to follow this