Sign in to follow this  
Calypsooo

Getting it off my chest

Hello Little Orbit and people of San Pedro, 

You can say this is a rant, but its just me rying to get something off my chest. I've played this game since it was in open beta, I’ve had 3 accounts prior to this one, two on the US server because at the time I was a kid that had no idea that there are US and EU servers and had no idea what’s lag, and two this one included on EU.  It was a rough ride, a lot of promises and a lot of disappointment, there is probably  a lot of these posts but truth to be told Little Orbit, you should not disregard any of the long time players, the reason being, we have been playing this game for a long long time, and you are, truth to be told pretty new to this game. I will not bash or be rude or how the game is disaster I actually think the game is great, the best, been going on and off for a very long time and in a few days will come back on again. 

The reason I am typing this  is so you can understand the people that play this game, if you got to this part I am glad if not, so be it. G1 did a lot of damage, they kept promising but not really delivering, People, including me, kept on playing this game because G1 promised the engine and the only reason people would play then stop and comeback days, weeks, years later just to see if the engine is up, it wasn't and people got sick of it and stopped playing, then G1 would give us a glimpse of the engine, screenshots and people would jump back on the hype train thinking well League of Legends updated its map, Worlds of Tanks updated its game but got the game just to be disapointed one more time.  

I really love your effort Little Orbit, I love the commitment you have for the game and it makes me feel like you really do see and understand the potential in this game and you are trying to get it to work , but you have to understand something, people won't believe, they can't believe, they've been lied to for years and years, we wanted better graphics, we got more guns, we wanted stable game , we got more guns nad now finalIy years later, it's coming, but too late, few years too late.

I also can't point out how G1 actually made the game worse with "new" contect, The reason the "" is because its not new but its pretty much last big contect we got. But I am specifically talking about the ammo resuply, the respawn, the car surf, the 4x4 vegas and a lot of more that doesn't come to my mind right now. I understand not a lot of people feel the same but I’m sure some poeple do,  the game became fiction, it was great before because people could literally compare it to Grand Theft Auto and some people, including me, thought APB was and still is better game.

By putting respawn in cars, G1 destroyed these great fights on the middle of the street, people shotting at each other from cars and then going to the trunk to resupply, by adding car surfing, there is no more drive bys, hell, passenger can't even get out of the window if the person is on the car, by adding 4x4 vegas, almost no one is even driving the old vegas, the one that feels like a real muscle car the one where if you didn’t know how to drive properly would crash in seconds, I still remember the days at the waterfront at the gas station when people were ripping wheelies in it and launching each other in the sky.  

I know its optional, I know you can chose what you are going to drive, I know you can chose do you want ammo supply or spawn, but to be honest if you pick the normal vegas and ammo box and the enemy team has the opposite you are pretty much losing in that part so to say. I feel like people are gonna judging me, so be it, this is my first post ever since the game came out, 2011, and will probably be my last. The people want to believe the game will get better, but the game is dead saddly,

I can see it being great once again as it was, maybe ask a few streamers to play it to get the popularity back after the engine update of course since know they probably won't be to excited now,  I am sure APB will be great as it once was but also, piece of me feels its too late.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Calypsooo said:

San Pedro ? Never heard of, but that's weird, we got the same issues you listed in San Paro 😮 like no joke the exact same story happened in San Paro !1!1

Edited by Takotak

This guy does speak a lot of truth, LO has 2 ways of going though. Cater the part of the community that is dead or try and keep the new players. Sadly I think we're all disabled. 

No one can agree what's balanced and what isn't so it's up to LO to trust their...forgot their names...to test weapons and assess if they are in fact balanced or not. Which after last weapon patch I lost a bit of my faith.

I'm still believing that removing character mods and weapon mods would be a step in the right direction. You hardly ever see anyone running less than clotting agent 3, and weapon mods can make an o-k weapon suddenly the most broken thing you've seen in the game. And not having CA2 or 3 can leave you out of the fight or vulnerable for an eternity.

Putting it short, LO can't trust anyone to tell them what is or isn't meta or overpowered. They need some way of checking to see how often a mod/gun/car is played and its association with kills, wins, and losses.

Pros will tell LO information that only benefits themselves while less experienced players will tell LO information that may be incorrect.

LO are making some really good decisions when it comes to monetization. It's just gameplay they have totally failed, and until 2.1 don't trust them to make anything balanced.

• Like 2

APB is not GTA and it was never meant to be GTA as you can clearly see that the game was created to be a more competitive type PvP shooter with amazing customization and not a sandbox GTA Online type deal. There are many issues that prevent it from becoming truly competitve to 2020 standards, in some aspects due to the original devs at RTW and in others due to G1's carelessness over the years, its now in LO's hands to fix all of that and set APB on its right course.

I will keep it simple - if APB were to become more casual it would keep it's underdog status as "poor man's GTA Online" like TONS of newcomers like to label it as. No one wants to play poor man's GTA when you can have real GTA which looks better and already caters to casual players. LO must cash in on APB's unique third person shooter mechanics and build on it to make it competitive. Until recently there wasn't any decent third person shooter you could call competitive but then Rogue Company went into Open Beta which has a bunch of APB's mechanics like shoulder switching and it honestly does it great and its tons of fun, especially if you are already good at APB and you get into that game. On top of that, it does not rely on car gameplay and cheesing/exploiting every bit of old bad game design in order to win because it doesn't have nearly as many as APB does.

APB needs to become polished, new player friendly and more balanced for competitive play in order for it to be appealing. Thats not to say that I do not support some of the casual aspects of the game such as community events and activities and such - I really do but when it comes to the actual combat, missions, gameplay part - it really needs to be on a more competitive level with way less RNG involved. I'm not sure whether they will be able to do anything with it considering that we are at an all time low in population. The Engine Upgrade needs to be good on release and they only get 1 shot at it, unfortunately.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flaws said:

I will keep it simple - if APB were to become more casual it would keep it's underdog status as "poor man's GTA Online"

never thought of it like that

12 hours ago, Calypsooo said:

What a great start

Hey. Welcome to APB.

Enjoy your stay. Always great to see new players.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:40 PM, Takotak said:

San Pedro ? Never heard of, but that's weird, we got the same issues you listed in San Paro 😮 like no joke the exact same story happened in San Paro !1!1

it's an old random joke from somewhere and i never got why it was called that aside from the joke that it's overrun by Brs/latinos? Beats me.

• Like 1

what is the summary of what hes trying to communicate to us? anyone?

4 hours ago, Motorola said:

what is the summary of what hes trying to communicate to us? anyone?

No new content G1 didn't do crap with EU as promised, 4x4 is broken. Carspawns ruined the game, etc.

Sign in to follow this