isaac-the-dad

I would like to grind less - what can I do?

Absolutely loving the game, but I would really like to grind less at it. I really want to be able to buy that sweet-sweet Vegas without just outright buying it from Armas.

Is there some way to multiply the Contact XP per mission 8 or 10 times so that I progress quicker? Maybe something like "Giga-Premium", which really eliminates some of that grind? If it was there and would cost less than 20 usd per month, I would really consider - so much I love the game.

13 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

Absolutely loving the game, but I would really like to grind less at it. I really want to be able to buy that sweet-sweet Vegas without just outright buying it from Armas.

Is there some way to multiply the Contact XP per mission 8 or 10 times so that I progress quicker? Maybe something like "Giga-Premium", which really eliminates some of that grind? If it was there and would cost less than 20 usd per month, I would really consider - so much I love the game.

what Vegas you’re talking about? The one that you can get for jt?

Edited by Lign

1 minute ago, Lign said:

what Vegas you’re talking about? The one that you can get for jt?

This is irrelevant to the discussion and I have no idea if I can buy a Vegas for real money on Armas.

38 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

the grind is there primarily to give the game a sense of progression, if a player is bouncing to r255 in something like 50-100 hours it creates retention problems because apb has no real endgame content or gameplay loop - the faster a player is done with progression the faster theyre stuck with the same gameplay but without rewards, and the faster they stop playing and purchasing

purchasing is the secondary reason the grind exists, essentially forcing players to choose between spending time or spending money

this isnt to say that the progression and grinding system is perfect by any means, but i dont think such a massive reduction would be helpful in the long run

46 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

If it was there and would cost less than 20 usd per month, I would really consider

at that point why not just purchase a vegas from armas?

the firehawk kit + vehicle (for crims or enfs) is $17 USD and gets you a 4x4, and the vegas uber bundle is $19 USD including a standard vegas

theres also a customizable 4x4 available from the joker store, depending on how many JT you currently have, it may be cheaper than $20 dollars to top up on joker tickets off armas

• Like 2

1 hour ago, isaac-the-dad said:

Isnt premium still free rn? APB is grindy pal. Also the vegas tou buy with only cash is rwd vegas the one on armas is a 4x4 which i also believe you can get with JT. So if you want a rwd vegas try and get someone else to make you one

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 404 said:

At that point why not just purchase vegas from armas?

Hey, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your message, and the latter part - I found it fascinating, I didn’t expect it to be that easy to calculate.

I completely understood the rationale that you have referred to in the beginning. I guess, I would indeed grow bored from the game after reaching the point of no reward.

And, buying the vegas wouldn’t cut it out right for same reason I never bought any GTA Online money. I would not like to miss out on core gameplay and the sense of actually working for this Vegas.

46 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

And, buying the vegas wouldn’t cut it out right for same reason I never bought any GTA Online money. I would not like to miss out on core gameplay and the sense of actually working for this Vegas.

as much as i understand that mindset i'm not sure it tracks here, since you're essentially asking to purchase something that skips 90% of working for the vegas

• Like 2

If you just want a vegas it isn't that far in to the progression tree. Just look at which contact unlocks it for you.

• Like 1

Premium only partially speed up grind. But still is great help long-term.

Sadly no way to bypass that. But I can say that from personal perspective... Being lone wolf and grinding is more tiresome than doing it with good friends.

• Like 1

To prevent more grinding, don't make more than 2 characters.

You can grind just one character, then sell/trade the vehicles on that one to the other character. The Vegas (not 4x4) can be traded between both factions.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 7:25 PM, isaac-the-dad said:

This is irrelevant to the discussion and I have no idea if I can buy a Vegas for real money on Armas.

You say it's irrelevant, but keep in mind that there are 2 different types of vegas cars: The normal one you can find at mission districts that turns like a boat, and a all-wheel-drive Vegas 4x4 that is much more usable and that is actually maneuverable in practice. The latter 4x4 version is only unlockable with Joker Tickets and from armas, if I am not completely mistaken.