Mitne

APB now got stagnant population - and this is source of all APB problems

All Points Bulletin is dead since the beginning.

APB Reloaded is another thing, which isn't even close to what it needed/must have been to be.

End of the story.

bye

50 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

All Points Bulletin is dead since the beginning.

APB Reloaded is another thing, which isn't even close to what it needed/must have been to be.

End of the story.

bye

APB was big at the beginning, you wasn't there at all for saying such things. As a matter of fact it was so huge their earn-rtw-currency idea broke the whole thing. But ignoring that part the population it was, well you cannot even imagine it today. I'll always be happy I was a part of that time and maybe, maybe the EU and future idea's might bring a part of that experience back. But if you missed it you missed it, don't talk that silly because there are still people around who were part of it at that time. Makes you look like a fruitcake.

APBr had some good and some debatable updates, and many obscurities added which I personally wouldn't mind to see revamped or even removed. 

tl;dr your whole comment is backwards and see you next week :)

There is no skill in online shooters instead it comes down to how close you are to the server, how good internet connection you have and how performs your PC.

THE END

You can be the biggest idiot and still land kills because the enemy even tho shoots you first lags out and doesn't land jack shit compared to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Timobelk said:

There is no skill in online shooters instead it comes down to how close you are to the server, how good internet connection you have and how performs your PC.

You can be the biggest idiot and still land kills because the enemy even tho shoots you first lags out and doesn't land jack shit compared to you.

that's when you play a bad poorly optimized online shooter MMO game, on APB in general things like that happen.

If a player plays a shooter game and connect to a server outside their country what do you expect? Having bad internet connection or bad PC that's their fault.

Also there are skill shooter games out there, that actually work perfectly no reg issues, high fps 250+ and local servers. 

Edited by Deadliest

On 10/8/2020 at 3:20 PM, ExpectoPatronum said:

APB was big at the beginning, you wasn't there at all for saying such things. As a matter of fact it was so huge their earn-rtw-currency idea broke the whole thing. But ignoring that part the population it was, well you cannot even imagine it today. I'll always be happy I was a part of that time and maybe, maybe the EU and future idea's might bring a part of that experience back. But if you missed it you missed it, don't talk that silly because there are still people around who were part of it at that time. Makes you look like a fruitcake.

APBr had some good and some debatable updates, and many obscurities added which I personally wouldn't mind to see revamped or even removed. 

tl;dr your whole comment is backwards and see you next week 🙂

"you wasn't there at all for saying such things"

Well, if you think so, i will leave your thoughts like that.

I simply don't care, instead of putting up some good comments/mentions, start to say things you don't even know, because you don't know nothing about me.

I suggest some practice next time.

On 10/4/2020 at 10:19 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yet another thread blaming problems that aren't the real reason. Yes APB has problems that affect population, but that was more of a factor in the earlier years. These later years the population drop is almost purely because the game is just so old now,

It is not the age of the game.

3 says ago,  there were 2 playing servers a bronze and a gold.   I went on the gold and player for almost an hour then a guy logged on.  He would kangaroojump in the air spinning around handswapfire killing everyone.  Yes he was TKing also. People began to DC because of the cheater.  within 30 min the pop dropped to 1-1. I asked the guy, why he was cheating. His answer "Who cares if I cheat in a dead game..."  

That is why no new player will join and to pop has dropped to less than 100 players, because LO refuses to deal with the Cheater epidemic. The new engine will not help fix what has been killing APB for years.

2 says ago I logged in, there was 1 bronze server with 15-13 players. I could not join because I am gold.

1 day ago I logged in, there was 1 bronze server with  6-8 players. again  I could not play because I am gold.

I have not logged in today, but if the trend  continues, well when players can not play because they are not allowed in a district, the the game is dead.

yes, I joined an empty silver district and in 2 hours I sat in there only 3 players showed up. all were wanting to detreat as the were also locked out. All left because there was no way for them to do it with only 2 people on the server.

Yes fight club has players, but that place is bot central and playing there does not lower threat.

APB could  become undead if:

1. ban all the cheaters for just 2 hours, sure the pop would drop 80% but the ones that actually love apb would stop cheating.  (if they have been banned they know the next time they would loose everything)

2. Bring back the B/S/G only servers. If you are silver you play on the silver server (or gold). If you are gold you play only on the gold server.  It worked last time, keep in mind that detreating is banned so APB would not have the problem with players trying to go to lower districts. 

15 hours ago, Omega101 said:

1. ban all the cheaters for just 2 hours

Why would that be better than perma banning?

15 hours ago, Omega101 said:

2. Bring back the B/S/G only servers. If you are silver you play on the silver server (or gold). If you are gold you play only on the gold server. 

We struggle to populate one bronze and one silver district on Jericho, and sometimes only one of them. 

You want to split that population into 3 groups instead of 2?

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, CookiePuss said:

Why would that be better than perma banning?

We struggle to populate one bronze and one silver district on Jericho, and sometimes only one of them. 

You want to split that population into 3 groups instead of 2?

Because 90% of the cheaters are not aware they are cheating. They have been cheating for so long that they actually believe the cheats are the way its supposed to play.

If you look at bronze there are 2-5 gold players at any time. the rest are silver  with just a few new/reroll players. 

I just jumped in a few min ago to a silver server.  7-5 all golds.  2 matches and every one  left because they realized they could not dethreat.   This is the 7 time in 7 days  that  then silver  and gold servers are empty, because all of the silver are in bronze which is supposed to be a starter server. 

there are not 2 servers, unless you are talking about the 2 bronze servers that currently have the playing pop in it.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Timobelk said:

THE END

Hmm. I must be a super god if I still play well with 200ms.

2 hours ago, Omega101 said:

Because 90% of the cheaters are not aware they are cheating. They have been cheating for so long that they actually believe the cheats are the way its supposed to play.

Weird opinion.

11 hours ago, Omega101 said:

Because 90% of the cheaters are not aware they are cheating

ok, bud

Edited by CookiePuss

On 10/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, CookiePuss said:

ok, bud

Have you played?  At least in the last 4 years?

Jumped on an hour ago and  it was 6-6.   First match the guy was  grabbing the item and runjumpcarrybot it the 140  foot to his base. He did not need a car because he was also triggerbotting, walling and superthrowgernadebotting. 

second match, same guy plus his teammate was Kangaroojumpfirebotting while spinning with a medusa. The were not trying to do the OBJ as they were farming us.

third match 2 new guys, one was a regular player (no unnatural awareness, real fire rate and missed) the other was takin us out as we rounded corners with grenades thrown at 85 f and  using his pistol. he was using a submachine but in 1 sec used a fastwepcaseswapbot to switch to a rocket and we  could no longer get with 80 feet of them no matter what direction we cam from.

my team mate quit, I looked at the  /pop and it had dropped to 2-5 as the cheats again ran off players from the  dist.  After I sighed I also quit and came here.

Edited by Omega101
typo
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

Have you played?  At least in the last 4 years?

Jumped on an hour ago and  it was 6-6.   First match the guy was  grabbing the item and runjumpcarrybot it the 140  foot to his base. He did not need a car because he was also triggerbotting, walling and superthrowgernadebotting. 

second match, same guy plus his teammate was Kangaroojumpfirebotting while spinning with a medusa. The were not trying to do the OBJ as they were farming us.

third match 2 new guys, one was a regular player (no unnatural awareness, real fire rate and missed) the other was takin us out as we rounded corners with grenades thrown at 85 f and  using his pistol. he was using a submachine but in 1 sec used a fastwepcaseswapbot to switch to a rocket and we  could no longer get with 80 feet of them no matter what direction we cam from.

my team mate quit, I looked at the  /pop and it had dropped to 2-5 as the cheats again ran off players from the  dist.  After I sighed I also quit and came here.

Ive read this several times now, and I still feel like there's a joke Im not getting.

About threat system, Its not hard to think about some ways like.... week ou month treath system, players play for one month/week and based on her statistics, like match win, kills and other things, for next month/week he gain an threat based on this and this threat cant change until next month/week and this change still based on last month/week statistcs, and at last make districts with treath lock, golds can only enter on gold district, silvers on silver, and bronzes on bronze, with this two things at last you can save silvers face gold tryhards and bronzes from silvers dethreaters at last for 2 weeks per month or 6 months per year.

A number of us have been around for a long, long time now.

It does feel like there's something of a skill gap or, (in my case) a wall between being able to play at Gold threat and have an enjoyable game. I've lost count of the times when I've had a bad week and gotten booted down to R255 bronze.

There are core issues that need to be addressed, and encouraging newer players to stick around is certainly one of them.

On 11/8/2020 at 6:50 PM, Fenton said:

There are core issues that need to be addressed, and encouraging newer players to stick around is certainly one of them.

What new players will stick around for dethreating golds to stomp all over em and constant threat shaming from toxic vets because the newbies (and anyone for that matter) are lower then gold threat? This toxic community has been driving newbies away for many years and for some reason its not a serious problem to them.

• Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 1:33 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

This toxic community has been driving newbies away for many years and for some reason its not a serious problem to them.

I agree.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:33 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

What new players will stick around for dethreating golds to stomp all over em and constant threat shaming from toxic vets because the newbies (and anyone for that matter) are lower then gold threat? This toxic community has been driving newbies away for many years and for some reason its not a serious problem to them.

Well I would say current dethreating issue is even worse than cheating issue itself or generally toxicity of game community.

Dethreating is already against ToS - problem is enforcement and evidence gathering. It's easy to falseban in that category with such shaky threat system.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mitne said:

Well I would say current dethreating issue is even worse than cheating issue itself or generally toxicity of game community.

Dethreating is already against ToS - problem is enforcement and evidence gathering. It's easy to falseban in that category with such shaky threat system.

Enforcement wouldnt be so much of a problem if the in game report system was better, staff looking at reports asap and if GMs actually did their jobs enforcing the tos while being online daily. But hey LO is fine with having tolerance for rule breaking. As for dethreating ive said this many many times, LO needs to revamp the threat system now and not yrs down the road not after the engine upgrade comes out sometime in the not so near future. Its only been 2+ yrs since LO took over and its not like they couldnt make the game better within this time so it survives to see this new engine. Soon™

most of trigger cheats works just because of crosshair, which becomes red when AIM on enemy. Maybe worth to delete it?

Merged.

i mean - delete red color 😄

We definitely need some changes on the threat system before we loss more players due to broken match making. At this rate, I don’t believe this game can hold on until the engine update arrive.

Now 1 gold player = 2 silver players, maybe change that number to 3 or 4 would help 😛 

Everyone should be gold. 

If by some miricle and you arent by now, either you play drunk or you solo ALOT

31 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

Everyone should be gold. 

If by some miricle and you arent by now, either you play drunk or you solo ALOT

I dont even think MOST players are gold. 

On 11/21/2020 at 4:11 PM, CookiePuss said:

I dont even think MOST players are gold. 

This sadness me and also beardedfrog 

I'm not sure if you realize this...

But, APB has had a stagnant population for YEARS now, and has continued to dwindle each year since 2013/2014.

I've watched this game go from 1-2k average daily player count (Just on West Coast) to a literal Ghost town, and as much as any of us doesn't want to admit it...

No amount of anything will ever revive this game to "Glory Days" levels of players (and I'm not even talking about the RTW days pre-G1) because it has a horrendous reputation and is now on its 3rd developer since 2010.

Sad, I know... but let's be real here. This is far from a new problem, and any of us still around from the old days, is all too painfully aware of it.

Edit* And just to add on to this, NONE of APB's problems are LO's fault. I just want to be clear, none of my pessimism is directed at them. This game just has a really scuffed history.

Edited by AnOldAPBFart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3