Snubnose

this video gave me "APB Legendary Weapon showcase" vibes lol

only thing missing is someone commenting this video with some vague characteristics about this weapon while also trying to sound REALLY REALLY COOL  (BONUS: mocking video)

if I were to make this a suggestion, I'd say:
super fast TTK, but extremely limited mag size, ammo pool and accuracy. combined with slower movement speed (like other LMGs) should also have a very short windup timer)
I mean...
with a new engine, and someone that can animate at LO, this could actually be a thing at some point lol.

but I didn't intend to post this as a suggestion really, just wanted to share this fun little tool of destruction that reminded me of APB legendary promo videos.

the forum has been kinda boring lately, so y'all can post some funky weapons that would be fun as a legendary in APB

• Like 3

I think it definitely could work, give it a same kind of windup as true ogre.

Something along the lines of 0,4 second wind-up, 0,5 kill time, with recoil and accuracy that is punishing enough to not be able to hit all shots beyond 20-30m meters.

Depending on the fire rate, lets say a kill requires 10 bullets, then a suitable magazine size would be 40-50.

3 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

Something along the lines of 0,4 second wind-up, 0,5 kill time, with recoil and accuracy that is punishing enough to not be able to hit all shots beyond 20-30m meters.

Depending on the fire rate, lets say a kill requires 10 bullets, then a suitable magazine size would be 40-50.

god no. wtf?

if we're going to put something like that ingame, altho im personally against adding new weapons to apb at this point, why not just go full sized minigun?

21474946023ca11b0cc21de560a81b8e.jpg

The last thing what the game needs is a new weapon. We can’t even achieve something familiar with a good balance with the current amount of weapons 

25 minutes ago, 404 said:

why not just go full sized minigun?

I guess that'd be too big and would look goofy, especially for smaller female characters holding them.
the mini version is the perfect intermediate.

30 minutes ago, 404 said:

altho im personally against adding new weapons to apb at this point

yea, that's why I said sometime in the future... sometime after the engine update is out and LO has done more balance passes and the game being in a better state.

8 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

I guess that'd be too big and would look goofy, especially for smaller female characters holding them.
the mini version is the perfect intermediate.

yea, that's why I said sometime in the future... sometime after the engine update is out and LO has done more balance passes and the game being in a better state.

i more meant "at this point" as "its too late to add more unique weapons" - putting orbits debatable balancing competency aside, im of the opinion that we already have too many weapons that are too similar to each other for one to be worth using over another

reskins are the way to go in the future imo, i wouldnt mind seeing a minigun or a microgun as a shaw or euryale reskin

14 hours ago, Snubnose said:

so y'all can post some funky weapons that would be fun as a legendary in APB

you are confusing game... XD

SOrry and sorry, I didnt resist to the call XD

Anyway, LO make it a new eskin for shaw, I would like it as Minigun Version 🥴

edit... Sadly shaw and I guess this weapon too (in case) will be never meta and retained ""bad"" from the players

Edited by PingOVER9000

a mini gun just wouldn't work. it would fit into lmgs but what kind? you guys know how mini guns work right. it would cuase to many balancing issues aswell as game play issues due to it's insane power. even if the devs set damage to one because these things fire at ungodly rates due to the elertic motor in them, and why set it to a low rpm? am i scared of recoil? hell no crank that shit up and let recoil Jesus take me.

7 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

a mini gun just wouldn't work. it would fit into lmgs but what kind? you guys know how mini guns work right. it would cuase to many balancing issues aswell as game play issues due to it's insane power. even if the devs set damage to one because these things fire at ungodly rates due to the elertic motor in them, and why set it to a low rpm? am i scared of recoil? hell no crank that shit up and let recoil Jesus take me.

its not like it has to be ultra realistic, this is a game where people magically stick to speeding car roofs and inject kevlar under their skin

3 hours ago, 404 said:

its not like it has to be ultra realistic, this is a game where people magically stick to speeding car roofs and inject kevlar under their skin

eh true. if it's anything like how the rest of the guns are handle it would be like a blind baboon with one hand is firing it

On 10/1/2020 at 9:53 AM, ColorBauss said:

Don't need it. All you need is 12 year ZERO life Gamer with FBW and macro.

I love this idea, lore/practicality be damned I really want to see more heavier weapons in APB because anything with large barrels just tickle my fancies. 

That said, I feel like this thing will just be a SHAW/AMG with extra steps (literally cause you'll be walking slower to get anywhere) so will rarely be used over anything more superior than the AMG which I think is touching the top of the TTK limits and that's not mentioning how easily SMGs will run circles around this thing.

I suggest in addition to the great ideas they gave it like it has a shotgun spread or something, so it kinda drenches an area in a hot load of lead rather than an ever expanding group of points, with an effective range higher than a shotgun, I think it'll be a great way to make the gun more viable, at least to include it in the quirky Legendary category it should belong to. 

I can see this being a wind up machine gun, just like the true ogre but machine gun