HNY-

Removal of the 20% Tariff from the marketplace

Hi.

G1 implemented this 20% tax on marketplace's items because they thought it would be a good idea to prevent players from getting too rich. But the aftermath of such action has lead to two things:

1.  Overpriced as heck items that not many would like to purchase from it.

2. Removal of competitive marketing which has lead to the appearance of... "Dealers". Weapon dealers mostly that will try buying the gun very cheap and sell it very expensive. since their price is less than the price in marketplace, they will keep on scamming (Yes, I'm calling it a scam since they will sell EVERYTHING overpriced) the players and mostly the new players or those who don't know the pricing of the actual gun/item.

3. That 20% is not being used at all. Like literally! It's like the server just takes that money and then burns it! Like it enjoys watching that amount of cash being burnt 😕

So there you have it folks. I'm pretty sure anyone who disagrees is making a heck load of money off of such scam.

I meant 

4 minutes ago, HNY- said:

But the aftermath of such action has lead to "two" things:

I meant to say three, donno why my brain told me to write two. Sorry bois!

• Like 2

Imagine you go to the market place for improved rifling 3

the usual price these days is ~140k

so now, lets take the tax off

How it might start, you probably would see people undercutting those who put there stuff up for sale at 90k-140k

but it would only be a matter of time until you start seeing those prices again.

When I first started playing, you could nab improved rifling 3 for ~90k now it shot up to 130k. That wasn't a result of the tax, its called people started realizing that they could charge more because it's either you buy it from them, or you grind for it.

The reasons you provide are not very concrete for trying to remove the tax.

9 hours ago, HNY- said:

That 20% is not being used at all. Like literally! It's like the server just takes that money and then burns it! Like it enjoys watching that amount of cash being burnt

A method of trying to keep people from becoming too rich in a F2P game. If everyone was rich, prices would have to increase which leads to inflation making your hard earned APB dollars even more worthless

9 hours ago, HNY- said:

Removal of competitive marketing which has lead to the appearance of... "Dealers". Weapon dealers mostly that will try buying the gun very cheap and sell it very expensive. since their price is less than the price in marketplace, they will keep on scamming (Yes, I'm calling it a scam since they will sell EVERYTHING overpriced) the players and mostly the new players or those who don't know the pricing of the actual gun/item.

"Removal of competitive marketing which has lead to the appearance of... "Dealers". Weapon dealers mostly that will try buying the gun very cheap and sell it very expensive"
That's capitalism for ya, all that was done was the competitive market was taken out of the auction kiosk and put into player hands via trading. So be a smart consumer all there is too it. They aren't so much as dealers, as they are second hand shops.

9 hours ago, HNY- said:
  •  Overpriced as heck items that not many would like to purchase from it.

Again not a result of the tax, but simply preying on those who don't have the goods unlocked. Because as of now, it's easier to get $ than it is to unlock any mods.

Also in terms of legendary weapons, they should stay high in price. LO already made them less rare by allowing players to use JT to get them and a lot more ways to get them by chance.

In conclusion, removing the tax, would only result in short term price drops and would only result in players eventually getting even more money off the auction kiosk. And if players are earning more money prices of other goods will need to increase. And if both keep going up the APB $ will go down in value. 1000$ will eventually be only worth 1$. This is why having that 20$ to delete money is a good thing. It makes your money more valuable. APB's market is one that is capitalistic and competitive outside the kiosks, the Auction house is now more of a way to AFK make money. Something you can use so you don't HAVE to /y WTS all day. Otherwise, buying things for lower prices and selling them for higher is an everyday occurrence in capitalist societies. So be a smart consumer and do your research before you purchase anything from anyone. If you do end up making a bad deal, it was your fault in the end.

So to put it simple, if you want to see a competitive Auction house market scene (which there already is otherwise Improve rifling 3 wouldn't have jumped from 90k to 130k) add the tax for cash to item purchases. Or even all trades.   

Edited by R3ACT3M

1. There are already those who hold more than 20m at the moment, or have too many legendaries in their inventory that their price is probably even more than that. So in terms of "trying to keep people from becoming too rich in a F2P game" this is a total failure.
  2. Everyone will not be rich. In fact it will not only fixes the issues with scamming dealers, but also gives everyone a chance to participate in a fair and competitive trading. Which leads into a reasonable pricing for every item out there.
  3. They are called dealers and brokers. And it is in their nature to look for their own interest. They will buy an OCA Nano off of a poor player for 2.9 million and will sell it to another player who is looking for that weapon for 4 million. They stockpile weapons so that they could sell their items easier. How many times you yourself yelled "WTB Nano" and someone whispers you "Hey, 4m"? "3.8", "3.9". I'm not making these up! These are genuine whispers i can potentially get off of such people who are leaving the players no choice but to buy from them because of this. What's the relation to market? well in order that people not lose money, they have no other option but to raise their prices by 25%. 
    Imagine this scenario:
    Lets think ((Nano's actual price is between 3.4 to 3.5)), there are two possibilities:
        1. you try buying one from the market -> 3.4 * 1.25 = 4.25
        2. you try buying one from a dealer -> "[TheDealer]: Hey, 3.9!" Yeah. Just like that. No reason needed.
    You will have no other choice but to buy from that dealer. Or you are persistent and sent mail to a potentially Russian seller in the market, and if you are lucky to receive a reply from him, you will face some random gibberish words you can't understand a single word from. Or you are very very persistent and keep yelling "WTB Nano" for 4 days just to find yourself at least a "reasonable" (Not just cheap) price.
  4. "Also in terms of legendary weapons, they should stay high in price. LO already made them less rare by allowing players to use JT to get them and a lot more ways to get them by chance." 
    This is a false statement. The weapons rarity is almost the same as before the Legendary update, with the joker boxes. Otherwise the prices would've dropped down heavily right after this update (But unfortunately can't say the same thing for OCSP Joker lol)
  5. btw forgot to talk about this "the usual price [For IR3] these days is ~140k"
    You sir are misdirecting. You put a troll pricing for your proof. the price for it is 85k in the market which with 20% tariff, the seller will earn 68k.

In short, all you did to defend this economical inflation was either to ..."mislead"! or just missing obvious facts in your argument. 

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

There are already those who hold more than 20m at the moment, or have too many legendaries in their inventory that their price is probably even more than that. So in terms of "trying to keep people from becoming too rich in a F2P game" this is a total failure.

You never tried to get rich then. You know there are ways to make money outside of missions right? Try making goods and selling them.

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

Everyone will not be rich. In fact it will not only fixes the issues with scamming dealers, but also gives everyone a chance to participate in a fair and competitive trading. Which leads into a reasonable pricing for every item out there.

Stop calling them scammers, if you got what you paid for its not a scam. Also, anyone can type /y WTS (enter good here) and avoid the tax, and even list there price under what people in the auction kiosk are selling for. Removing the tax will not in fact fix this. What you are asking for, is for Little Orbit to watch over the economy. Which is called Modified capitalism, which unless LO can get the staff to watch over each and every trade. Its not going to happen.

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

They are called dealers and brokers. And it is in their nature to look for their own interest.

capitalism

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

They will buy an OCA Nano off of a poor player for 2.9 million and will sell it to another player who is looking for that weapon for 4 million.

capitalism

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

How many times you yourself yelled "WTB Nano" and someone whispers you "Hey, 4m"? "3.8", "3.9". I'm not making these up!

Never, every time I was looking for a legendary they asked me for my offer first.

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

You will have no other choice but to buy from that dealer

You could always wait? Waiting on a purchase today may get you a deal tomorrow. Just have patience and you could eventually get a deal that you like. It also sounds like you play in the EU, which has nearly 5 times the players NA does so your options should be wider than NA.

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

Or you are very very persistent and keep yelling "WTB Nano" for 4 days just to find yourself at least a "reasonable" (Not just cheap) price.

Try every day, have patience. You will eventually get something you want or realize that maybe you don't want the item anymore. Ever heard of window shopping?

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

"Also in terms of legendary weapons, they should stay high in price. LO already made them less rare by allowing players to use JT to get them and a lot more ways to get them by chance." 
This is a false statement. The weapons rarity is almost the same as before the Legendary update, with the joker boxes. Otherwise the prices would've dropped down heavily right after this update (But unfortunately can't say the same thing for OCSP Joker lol)

The prices haven't changed so much because it's a recent change. You went from the Joker boxes 1% to now being able to rent them, and get a permanent chance of getting them and also having a chance of getting one via buy JT directly. So by making Legendries easier to acquire the prices may stay the same or start dropping do to supply and demand. Are you telling me you haven't seen nearly everyone using an Ursus these days? Or the huntress, new glory or any legendary for that matter?

6 hours ago, HNY- said:
  1. You sir are misdirecting. You put a troll pricing for your proof. the price for it is 85k in the market which with 20% tariff, the seller will earn 68k.

You don't seem to understand what examples are. Also I am not troll pricing, the price I have seen for IR3 has been between 120k-140k. 

6 hours ago, HNY- said:

In short, all you did to defend this economical inflation was either to ..."mislead"! or just missing obvious facts in your argument. 

False, I was telling you that your reasons are wrong for removing the tax. And said alternatively adding a tax to trading would make both a "fair market"

I am not a rich APB player, all 4 of my characters have about 100k each. And I still do not defend removing the tax for what might be a small grazing period of low prices. Which in turn will just make prices go up once people realize they can just keep selling at the same price and earn more because the tax does not exist. 

Your argument seems to be you aren't making enough money via kiosks/afk methods so you want the tax lifted so you can make more by doing nothing. 
Or your argument is to remove the tax to "reduce prices" which would only happen for a little while before returning to the price they are set today.

And like I said, when I started playing IR3 average price was around 90k, now it shot up to 120k and I'm trying to tell you that wasn't because of some tax. 

23 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

You never tried to get rich then. You know there are ways to make money outside of missions right? Try making goods and selling them.

You don't say, sherlock?

Stop calling them scammers, if you got what you paid for its not a scam. Also, anyone can type /y WTS (enter good here) and avoid the tax, and even list there price under what people in the auction kiosk are selling for. Removing the tax will not in fact fix this. What you are asking for, is for Little Orbit to watch over the economy. Which is called Modified capitalism, which unless LO can get the staff to watch over each and every trade. Its not going to happen

Try stockpiling tomatoes and sell them 500$ each(!) and see what does your "Capitalistic" government do to you. You will literally be wanted for scamming and ruining the economy.

capitalism

capitalism

#WillYouShutUpMan ? (It's a quote from Joe Biden. So dear mods, blame your presidential candidate for having such amazing manners)

Never, every time I was looking for a legendary they asked me for my offer first.

[TheDealer]: Offer

to [TheDealer]: 3.4

[TheDealer]: nty

to [TheDealer]: What's yours?

[TheDealer]: 3.9

*In my culture, we call your way of argument "ماله کشی - Maale Keshii". It's a pun for Shamelessly lying.*

You could always wait? Waiting on a purchase today may get you a deal tomorrow. Just have patience and you could eventually get a deal that you like. It also sounds like you play in the EU, which has nearly 5 times the players NA does so your options should be wider than NA.

Try every day, have patience. You will eventually get something you want or realize that maybe you don't want the item anymore. Ever heard of window shopping?

https://imgur.com/7QvL1Jh

https://imgur.com/gQzugfY

https://imgur.com/Es7TUFO

https://imgur.com/mqBWhu2

Pretty sure you can find a lot more examples in EU because of the population! (if you ever decide to switch to it)

The prices haven't changed so much because it's a recent change. You went from the Joker boxes 1% to now being able to rent them, and get a permanent chance of getting them and also having a chance of getting one via buy JT directly. So by making Legendries easier to acquire the prices may stay the same or start dropping do to supply and demand. Are you telling me you haven't seen nearly everyone using an Ursus these days? Or the huntress, new glory or any legendary for that matter?

Yeah, Ursus got only a little nerf and the price dropped from 4.8 to 4 in less than 24 hours. You're telling me the legendary update was "recent" for the market?

You don't seem to understand what examples are. Also I am not troll pricing, the price I have seen for IR3 has been between 120k-140k. 

https://imgur.com/9iHVG4d

Apparently you should be the one in favor of this request, not opposing it! This is a problem that is being caused with the 20% tariff of marketplace and made a lot of people to go greedy!

On 10/1/2020 at 11:31 PM, R3ACT3M said:

False, I was telling you that your reasons are wrong for removing the tax. And said alternatively adding a tax to trading would make both a "fair market"

Wow. So democratic! Trading is the only logical way for a player to transfer his money from an account/character to another. Bet you didn't think about that now, did you?

Your argument seems to be you aren't making enough money via kiosks/afk methods so you want the tax lifted so you can make more by doing nothing. 
Or your argument is to remove the tax to "reduce prices" which would only happen for a little while before returning to the price they are set today.

I only aim to get rid of this problem:

https://imgur.com/svbuH6a

There is an official marketplace, and then there is this "social-chat-black-market".  The official marketplace cannot compete against the latter issue and has lead to the current inflation that APB economy has.

that wasn't because of some tax.

That is literally BECAUSE of the tax.

5 hours ago, HNY- said:

I only aim to get rid of this problem:

https://imgur.com/svbuH6a

There is an official marketplace, and then there is this "social-chat-black-market".  The official marketplace cannot compete against the latter issue and has lead to the current inflation that APB economy has.

then ask for there to be a cash tax on trades not to remove the tax completely 

and im now done talking to you since you clearly only want the tax removed for personal gain

The 20% is one of many things that are in the game to server as a money sink. if anything players honestly are too rich and need more money sinks.

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

then ask for there to be a cash tax on trades not to remove the tax completely 

and im now done talking to you since you clearly only want the tax removed for personal gain

"Trading is the only logical way for a player to transfer his money from an account/character to another"

Guess I have to repeat this for you over and over again....