Doper

APB RELOADED Steam Exclusive Items DLC ? (From 01/01/1970?)

So i just encounter this weird DLC popped on my steam called APB RELOADED Steam Exclusive Items, it has a legit Code Number yet it says it was added back in 01/01/1970.. 
now i tried to apply it on the armas and it says it is expired... 

ntwnc51d3mek.jpg
i am *realy* curious about what is this thing.

Thanks for respond, Please respond anything necessary.

Also got it here. I never seen this before.

some incentive to get apb popularity on steam maybe? wouldn't be surprised as LO seem to know what they're doing.

3 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

some incentive to get apb popularity on steam maybe? wouldn't be surprised as LO seem to know what they're doing.

They are probably about to give out some free stuff to get people playing this game.

16 minutes ago, Scra4P said:

So i just encounter this weird DLC popped on my steam called APB RELOADED Steam Exclusive Items, it has a legit Code Number yet it says it was added back in 01/01/1970.. 
now i tried to apply it on the armas and it says it is expired... 

ntwnc51d3mek.jpg
i am *realy* curious about what is this thing.

Thanks for respond, Please respond anything necessary.

The thing with the 1970 date is a bug.... i have seen it all around in some media registration..... have registered/ulocked my cellphone one week ago and have seen the same date and a friend of mine has set theyr Phones on work to this date when installing it^^ Think its bit like the millenium bug but now we can name it the 70's Bug xD

2 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

The thing with the 1970 date is a bug.... i have seen it all around in some media registration..... have registered/ulocked my cellphone one week ago and have seen the same date and a friend of mine has set theyr Phones on work to this date when installing it^^ Think its bit like the millenium bug but now we can name it the 70's Bug xD

It's not really a mystery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

• Thanks 1

I'm kinda wondering why only steam users are offered this free stuff...

we should ask them if the retail packs are returning back or not

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/1509-steam-exclusive-content/ Here's the answer

It's a pair of bellbottom flares, platform shoes and a disco ball you can put on your Fresno. You can only access these items if you're a funky, fresh, fly or all of the above.

Codes usually expire after like 2 and a half years so the code probably expired back in 1972.

hey did you hear about the moon landing

3 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

hey did you hear about the moon landing

Had to listen to it on the wireless. The Jeffersons next door are the only ones who could afford one of those fancy television sets but they wouldn't let me in because my 'fro just was too slick for them. Bogus.

• Like 1

That date is very special, it was when the Unix clock started. The clock that most systems use today. The clock in computers is actually just a counter ticking 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. So when the clock instead of being 1529012354 which it is as I'm writing this, it for some reason became 0. When the clock is 0 then it'll appear the date when the Unix clock first started, AKA 1970-1/1

Long time ago when the game got released on steam you would receive 10 days of premium. I think that's the thingy Steam Exclusive items. The date might be bugged.