BIank

Halloween Mayhem - Clothing Design Contest

qiwjStQ.png

With the recent Joker Store updates, clothing options are more accessible than ever before.

With Halloween coming in hot, you can be whoever you want, so why don't we do just that, APB style?

Welcome to Halloween Mayhem!

A Halloween themed clothing design contest, with three submission categories:

Backstory Blitz (Lore)

Looks that kill (Style/Fashion)

Ghoulish Gathering (Costume)

The winners of each category are influenced by YOU!

React to the posts that you want to see win!

Each category has a unique forum thread to collect your submissions.

Please make sure to follow the requirements & guidelines for each category when submitting your entries.

Feel free to submit as many entries as you like, multiple submissions are allowed.

How to participate:

Submit a forum post to the appropriate thread, making sure to follow requirements and guidelines for the contest category.

Guidelines:

The outfit must be made by you.

Please do not use any copyrighted material except from APB or it’s lore. Outfits containing copyrighted material cannot be added to the JT store.

Winners will be chosen as follows:

The 10 posts with the most reactions will move onto the semi-finals.

Semi Finals: The above posts will then be judged by a panel of yet-to-be-revealed veteran players, and the top 5 posts will move onto the finals.

Finals: Little Orbit will judge the top 5 posts, choosing a winner for each category!

Prizes:

First place winners in each category will have their outfits added as clothing available in the Joker Store.

Three 500JT codes will be raffled off to players that made it to the finals in each category.

Players who submit a contest entry and post it on Breakwater will receive a special profile badge! (in a future update)

As body modifications can't be included in the clothing presets that make it to the JT Store, we ask that you make clothing your main focus.

Please place design emphasis on your character’s clothing.

Winning entries must have everything equipped on their characters to export properly. Please make sure you keep your designs, and leave them on if possible after submission.

Please see the below judging structure for the Semi Finals:

Backstory Blitz (Lore)

50% Lore

50% Clothing

Extra +10% Character Customization (Tattoos, Body Paint, Etc)

Looks that kill (Style/Fashion)

100% Clothing

Extra +15% Character Customization

Ghoulish Gathering (Costume)

100% Clothing

Extra +15% Character Customization

Semi-finalist Judges will be announced on October 7.

Designs must be submitted by 5pm PDT on October 13 to be considered for the Semi-Finals.

First place winners for each category will be announced on October 15th (hopefully).

Winners are required to have their winning outfit equipped by October 18

to be extracted and added to the Joker Store.

Edited by BIank
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Yeedman said:

ugh, so again it's only for clothing?

kinda disappointed once again ngl

What would you have suggested?

Any rules against resubmitting past content? As in, made before this contest/event specifically.

13 hours ago, MartinPL said:

Any rules against resubmitting past content? As in, made before this contest/event specifically.

Think you are free to submit anything you'd like, even past creations!

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, MartinPL said:

As long as your design is Halloween Themed and fits within our requirements & guidelines you are free to submit past work.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NoSwEaTbRo said:
  1. Can someone give me an example of copyrighted material. 
  2. Can it just be a screenshoot?

Hi There,

1. Examples of copyrighted material: Batman Logo, Superman Costume, Monster Drink Logo

2. Yes! If you're entering in Looks That Kill, or Ghoulish Gathering; Just post a screenshot of your character (font + back preferred) along with your Character Name + Server

• Like 1

Good Evening,

With less than a week left in the contest, it's time to announce our judges for the semi finals:

- Rich

- Proxie

- Ace

- blank

Make sure to seize the opportunity to get your outfit into the Joker Store! Looking forward to the future~

• Like 1

Good Evening All!

For those of you checking this thread for the winners, I apologize in advance for the jebait—

Little Orbit is currently performing testing to make sure the winning outfits will extract correctly. They have notified us that we can announce the winners tomorrow. If anything changes I will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience— and thanks to everyone who participated! Talk to you soon.

Edit (10/16):

I have been given the green light to reveal the winners tomorrow 10/17. Stay tuned!

Edit #2 (10/18):

I am adding additional prizes, please bare with me as I finalize the logistics

Edited by BIank
  • Thanks 4

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you.

Whether you submitted an entry to the contest or you voted for your favorites, you (the community), are the reason why this is all possible. I will admit that having three submission categories may have been over zealous, but thanks to all of your support we were able to create something memorable!

In addition, as an apology for the delays and to celebrate our talented designers, I would like to announce a new prize. One finalist from each category was selected by our judges to receive a cash prize of either $25 or €22! For those of you chosen— I will be reaching out soon.

Without further ado... please join me in congratulating our winners!

ASHowTT.png

Joker Store Winners:
Ghoulish Gathering: Bloo / PancakePower

Backstory Blitz: Roxl / DOMINIKWOLFRAM
Looks that Kill: SunnyMonroe / GingerMonroe

Cash Prize Winners:

Ghoulish Gathering: blxne / blxne
Backstory Blitz: MartinPL / Martinz
Looks that Kill: K4SS / K4SS

500 JT Winners:

Ghoulish Gathering: xYzukIx, Roxl, RoyalMaiden

Backstory Blitz: Nectar, MartinPL, TzickyT
Looks That Kill: K4SS, Anaiis, SunnyMonroe

For our Joker Store winners, I believe Little Orbit has already extracted your winning outfits. If possible, please leave them on until further confirmation.

For our Cash Prize winners, I will begin reaching out tomorrow to determine the best method of transfer.

For our 500 JT Winners, I will be sending out your codes momentarily. (Edit: Codes Sent)

Thank you everyone for making this Halloween event truly special.

Edited by BIank
  • Thanks 7

thank you so much Blank, and everyone else involved! congratulations to all the winners, although i am sad to not see my desigs go up on joker store, the cash prize more than makes up for it!!!!

• Like 4

Thank you!!

Big ups to everyone who made the event possible and of course to all the participants.

Well deserved 1st places. Congrats guys! : )

• Like 1

Congratulations to you lucky winners and thank you very much blank and everyone else involved!

@K4SS please sell me a copy of that spooky club vest that was my personal favorite

Edited by SunnyMonroe
Weak brain ;)
  • Like 1

Congratulations to the 1st place winners and thank you for giving us the chance to participate!

• Like 1