Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Make Forum Join Date Your Acc Creation Date

Should forum join date match acc creation date?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should forum join date match acc creation date?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

...i imagine they wouldn't...

maybe you shouldn't trust your imagination too much :^)

but nah. as i said. it was a weird practice but i guess they still need some things to identify ppl, especially if they put in false birthdates, lost their mailadresses etc.

(i've never had to myself)

1 minute ago, Majiik said:

Mostly technical reasons - the forum software (IPBoard) has its own date for account creation, each game has its own account creation date (APB, FE), and there is a GamersFirst account which ties them all together for authentication/login purposes which also has its own registration date. How far do we go here? What about dates for accounts like Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation?

But, each datatables are somewhat in the same database, in a relationship with the same user_id...even tho each table does indeed have their own creation date it is always posible to change the dates on the forum with the correct query. but then again thats gonna take allot of work for 1 change that isnt exactly needed but nice to have

59 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ummm... I hate to be that guy but...

ocejWRX.gif

That is a lie, you love to be that guy 😛

I think your forum join date should reflect when you began to INTERACT WITH THE FORUM COMMUNITY since we are on the forum. Good thing that date is already in place.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I think your forum join date should reflect when you began to INTERACT WITH THE FORUM COMMUNITY since we are on the forum. Good thing that date is already in place.

nah

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

nah

nah

Related image

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Only have to post once.  Not 3 times XD

I have my acc creation date, didn't mess with the forums until years later

Edited by Archon

Just now, Shenz said:

Only have to post once.  Not 3 times XD

It is the forums having issues. I only posted once but it likes to blurt out. :<

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

11 replies... whole community?

69% agree at this moment. Thats a majority there and the best number ever.

10 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Let me just step right in the spotlights then.

17 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I.... I dont think thats how it works.

But tell you what, I'll support your movement if you support mine to add threat to forum accounts. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I.... I dont think thats how it works.

But tell you what, I'll support your movement if you support mine to add threat to forum accounts. 

Tech speaking a majority is when you have over 50% of the vote. Im personally holding that to 65% plus. And your obsessed with whose what threat. It doesnt matter ur threat and it shouldnt be used as a way to flame others, thats partly how the community got so toxic to begin with and why we have a new player retention issue.

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Tech speaking a majority is when you have over 50% of the vote. Im personally holding that to 65% plus. And your obsessed with whose what threat. It doesnt matter ur threat and it shouldnt be used as a way to flame others, thats partly how the community got so toxic to begin with and why we have a new player retention issue.

I will now use this conversation to explain to people what irony is. 

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I will now use this conversation to explain to people what irony is. 

I dont see it but ok. Back on topic here.

3 hours ago, Majiik said:

Mostly technical reasons - the forum software (IPBoard) has its own date for account creation, each game has its own account creation date (APB, FE), and there is a GamersFirst account which ties them all together for authentication/login purposes which also has its own registration date. How far do we go here? What about dates for accounts like Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation?

Yeah, sorry for misunderstand, i just had this in my mind since long time agobut didn't thought really like right now.

About Authentication i hope we will have sometime 2FA and more for avoid theft of accounts.

I have my account creation date accurate 😄

Went to the forums immediately after creating my first account to sign up for closed beta ;o

25 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I dont see it but ok. Back on topic here.

Oh, cuz the thing you are proposing will have the same effect as what Im proposing... only you think my idea is the only bad idea. 

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh, cuz the thing you are proposing will have the same effect as what Im proposing... only you think my idea is the only bad idea. 

f7FdEdG.jpg

People are already toxic toward others for their forum registration date, I'd hate it if people could see other people's actual registration date, it'd allow people to say "Yeah well you've been playing for X years and I've been playing for Y years so I'm right.", it'll literally be the new "Nice silver idea bro xDDDDD"

Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

My forum account is older than my APB account. Not by much, but some days. So I voted NO. Of course we could go with "oldest day is displayed", but then again, what's the point. I don't usually pay any attention to forum join date, untill the user posts something that is a) stupid b) 100% wrong.