How long will it takes? $iTimer("Engine Upgrade")  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How long will it takes? $iTimer("Engine Upgrade")

• Next Seconds
    • Next Minutes
    • Next Day
    • Next Month
    • Next Year
    • Never

How do i upgrade the engine of apb by myself?

Edited by ShawLOL
  • Like 2

Drag and drop the files. Easy.

• Like 2

Im curious to see how "good" apb will run on the new gpu's.

We will need to wait another year to get Nvidia Series 16, 20 and 30 to work properly in apb @MattScott?

"by september, the engine will surely be here, don't worry." Cit. LO

Edited by AlishaAzure

33 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

"by september, the engine will surely be here, don't worry." Cit. LO

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think that's an actual quote. Actual quote; Matt: "Someone is asking about September for the engine. It's funny I put out dates in the past and then we for various reasons have not hit those dates. I will be very very disappointed if we don't get this engine update out by September." 

• Like 4

I bet if they wanted, they could just take the engine and half patootie place stuff into Unreal 3.5 even 4 and everything will generally look the same even maybe play the same.

If you go back to previous tracking the engine upgrade posts, they show how vertices aren't "welded" together and how indirect lighting needed to be contained within cells or how shadows don't display right.

Although I bet most of that has been ironed out since, and now they are trying their best to get the game looking better and performing better or as good as apb 1.20 (Live)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

Drag and drop the files. Easy.

i wish that would be that easy. 

50 minutes ago, 404 said:

please purchase the full version of winrar to access these files

no joke, i got scammed that way but i got my money back 

Edit.

Edited by ShawLOL

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think that's an actual quote. Actual quote; Matt: "Someone is asking about September for the engine. It's funny I put out dates in the past and then we for various reasons have not hit those dates. I will be very very disappointed if we don't get this engine update out by September." 

Whatever, it wasn't an accurate quote, but a mention to it.

Still, if YOU, as company, Don't Know when a thing is going to be released, then don't throw out dates, don't make fake promises.

Isn't difficult.

Or do we need to joke about the WeeksTM thing?

I just don't like lies.

Just say > when it's ready, like the Legendary CD Project Red.

No dates, no spoilers, no details, till the end.

50 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Just say > when it's ready, like the Legendary CD Project Red.

No dates, no spoilers, no details, till the end.

that works for project red because they're developing single player one-off games, it doesn't matter if there's an info blackout because no one can play the game until they release it anyway

the last time we got radio silence on apb it was from g1 and nobody liked that as far as i know

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 404 said:

that works for project red because they're developing single player one-off games, it doesn't matter if there's an info blackout because no one can play the game until they release it anyway

the last time we got radio silence on apb it was from g1 and nobody liked that as far as i know

No, it doesn't work because they develop singleplayer games, because cyberpunk is also multiplayer.

It does work because CD Proejct Red is CD Project Red, and they grown an extremely good trust behind them.

Is one of the favorite companies for me, if not the first.

I would have prefered a radio silence instead of dates thrown around like all the times.

Edited by AlishaAzure

I just bothered to give the quote because I think Matt handled throwing out an estimation best as possible; it was not a promise, he started off acknowledging they have not hit dates in the past, letting people know it was an educated guess, this being back in April when there was still lots of work left. "Very disappointed" if it wasn't out by September but Apb has been the game of disappointments since launch.

6 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

How do i upgrade the engine of apb by myself?

First, you must learn to code in C++,
then, you must learn about computer science and gamedev stuff ,
then, you must spend alot of time understanding the code other people wrote, then repair or improve it.

As a solo person, that would take you a couple years, for sure.
Also, I'm assuming you have the free time and resources to sustain such endeavor full time.

It's a miracle someone is even trying.
The only thing that was worth salvaging, IMO, are the customization features (symbols, clothing, music).

29 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

No, it doesn't work because they develop singleplayer games, because cyberpunk is also multiplayer.

It does work because CD Proejct Red is CD Project Red, and they grown an extremely good trust behind them.

I would have prefered a radio silence instead of dates thrown around like all the times.

cyberpunk isnt going to have multiplayer at launch nor does that change that the game isnt currently available and wont be until it launches, so it doesnt matter how long it takes to polish things

since you brought up cyberpunk it should probably be noted that the "legendary" project red has delayed its release twice now, and said multiplayer has also been delayed

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

so CD projekt delays a game for years & its ok cus theyre cd projekt, but LO, a company that bought a dying game that you care about, has been finishing off what G1 couldnt finish, who have improved the QoL of said game in more ways than G1 ever did, cant give rough timeframes in which they *hope* the engine upgrade will be finished?

at least u've been able to actually play APB for the past decade, cyberpunk has been in development for probably the same amount of time apb has been made F2P.

• Like 1

never since its runs worse than live on a lot of peoples hardware.

if they pay for my schooling i think i could make the engine faster if i go to college and learn how to code.

I have no experience in game development tho I have high degree in Computer Science.

I dont understand the technicalities of what they do to make the EU happen, but from past experience even in simple programming projects, upgrading a software that is not my own is often more complex than making a brand new one (unless its well structured and documented, most developers would agree that it's challenging). 

Edited by Ilyas
  • Like 2

LO attitude is real, I think in 6 months we will have it

7 hours ago, 404 said:

cyberpunk isnt going to have multiplayer at launch nor does that change that the game isnt currently available and wont be until it launches, so it doesnt matter how long it takes to polish things

since you brought up cyberpunk it should probably be noted that the "legendary" project red has delayed its release twice now, and said multiplayer has also been delayed

For me it's okay about the delays, when a company has a very strong trust and respect built behind it, peoples will not be mad, just hopeful for the game to be Even better than before.

Exactly, it doesn't matter how long it takes to polish things, i will wait.

Project Red is one of the best companies if not the first.

Just how they make things, how they move, how they think.

6 hours ago, claude said:

so CD projekt delays a game for years & its ok cus theyre cd projekt, but LO, a company that bought a dying game that you care about, has been finishing off what G1 couldnt finish, who have improved the QoL of said game in more ways than G1 ever did, cant give rough timeframes in which they *hope* the engine upgrade will be finished?

at least u've been able to actually play APB for the past decade, cyberpunk has been in development for probably the same amount of time apb has been made F2P.

I would be okay if they said "Q3/Q4 2020", not specific months.

Im really not saying they should push, they should delay if they need more time and they are indeed delaying the engine once more, and im not mad about that, im mad because they thrown dates without knowing how much time was really needed.

If was impossible, or much difficult to predict/say, just don't say it.

Enough with cyberpunk btw, is an off-topic brought from me.

All depends in what state are financial and waterfront.Untill we see some actual gameplay like we saw Asylum and Social back in april-we will have no idea.The engine may happen till end of the year,may never happen.At this point we can only speculate.LO knows ofc but they will never told u "hey this will take like another year or so" because the players will start leaving the game even more u know..

Edited by TheMessiah

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

All depends in what state are financial and waterfront.Untill we see some actual gameplay like we saw Asylum and Social back in april-we will have no idea.The engine may happen till end of the year,may never happen.At this point we can only speculate.LO knows ofc but they will never told u "hey this will take like another year or so" because the players will start leaving the game even more u know..

yea, understandable.

Understandable like you don't even know peoples alredy left the game, the population is as low as possible in the last month, never been that low in the entire APB history.

Btw, if you are right, and if they didn't showed us wat and fin.. we can go and pray god, because engine will not happen till next year/s.

2020 isn't for sure, at least from their "silence" about it.

20 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I bet if they wanted, they could just take the engine and half patootie place stuff into Unreal 3.5 even 4 and everything will generally look the same even maybe play the same.

If you go back to previous tracking the engine upgrade posts, they show how vertices aren't "welded" together and how indirect lighting needed to be contained within cells or how shadows don't display right.

Although I bet most of that has been ironed out since, and now they are trying their best to get the game looking better and performing better or as good as apb 1.20 (Live)

I always wondered why can't they just port the maps, create new customization system and for everything else use what UE 4 has to offer. We would lose our customizations but no pain no gain.

Just now, PepeHands said:

I always wondered why can't they just port the maps, create new customization system and for everything else use what UE 4 has to offer. We would lose our customizations but no pain no gain.

as far as i am aware ue4 uses an entirely different coding language from ue3

so its not as simple as "just porting" stuff, the devs would basically have to redo apb from the ground up

I think maybe we will all be vaccinated against covid 19 before the engine upgrade

Edited by Gusvato3080

i say screw rushing for a date this year. honestly your trying to take like 7-8 years of work and cram it into one run. don't need this engine upgrade to be a total buggy fuck up or it's gonna be a major waste of money and time and leading to people being pissed on both sides