Should i finish this?  

117 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should i finish this?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

well i'm working on a bug where on some people the image renders at 80% and i see you have the same issue.. will fix that in my lunchbreak .-.

Cool, nice work though :) 

2 hours ago, Keshi said:

Well if it is and it's a bad idea.. blame speedycat not me 😞  *insert Kappa face here*

Why should I? I like it! 

"pastechi designs"   sure, totally want to spam your name all over the forum, nice 

Site looks nice, But there are a few missing options like ACT 44 Last Stand or OCA "Whisper" RT  and a few other things like vehicles but overall looks nice and you did a great job setting it up.

5 minutes ago, CowLover said:

How do i upload my signature?

You gotta host the image somewhere then copy the URL

There's a button in the bottom right where you edit your signature that says "Insert other media". Click that and click "Insert image from URL"

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

5 hours ago, DonBlack said:

Wait... It is on our website? 😮

😎

5 hours ago, TR3NT said:

Site looks nice, But there are a few missing options like ACT 44 Last Stand or OCA "Whisper" RT  and a few other things like vehicles but overall looks nice and you did a great job setting it up.

That is true...i think i misswrote the image names with capital and lowercase letters.

6 hours ago, Ysaline said:

"pastechi designs"   sure, totally want to spam your name all over the forum, nice 

Temporarly...i kinda want to leave that open for the user to fill in something they want, like their clan name or their community link...which should be good to throw in when i get the chance to create the option for users to upload their own background

5 hours ago, TR3NT said:

@SpeedyCat look at @TR3NT signature.... that calibri font is actually being a B* rendering on the pc's it wants to render lmfao

I'll be hoping off work in a bit so i can go home and see where to start with the fixes

Edited by Keshi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

I don't see a place to select my Server.

There is just Cheatadel and Onion.

Where is Colby NA Best?

i didnt add it because...well colby doesnt exist anymore(and i am also a colby player) .-.

but ofcourse i can add it tho...when i get the chance..still not home 😕

Edited by Keshi
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Keshi said:

i didnt add it because...well colby doesnt exist anymore(and i am also a colby player) .-.

but ofcourse i can add it tho...when i get the chance..still not home 😕

OAPkIOj.gif

Just don't add in that other loser server, NA Least.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

OAPkIOj.gif

u mean Joker? joker was cool too before the lag started lol...
If by tomorrow i can not see why textrender works for some people and some not, i'll add the other servers on my old backup (the one i just put on the server now) but the render method is cheaper but works... u will see a bit lowerquality now if i'm not mistaken

18 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

You gotta host the image somewhere then copy the URL

There's a button in the bottom right where you edit your signature that says "Insert other media". Click that and click "Insert image from URL"

if you can, re-render the signatures

On 6/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, SpeedyCat said:

Nice work my friend 😉

would be cool if you can type in some kind of Clan or Community Website URL which is an hyperlink/button to klick on it.

On 6/13/2018 at 12:56 AM, Keshi said:

well since the signature is an image, a hyperlink is impossible UNLESS.... i may have to check the signature settings in profile and see if i can paste raw html and make it into a signature with a space to enter your own link...  Will look into that and see if it's the same. If it is then it is 99% possible lol

EDIT: looked into it. Using the HTML tag will just write the code instead of showing what the code should view #feelsbadman
I'll see what i can think off in the future

First of all: you can use "background: fixed center; background-size: cover;" for the background (in CSS/style) so it doesn't stretch that weirdly on the website (if the original one isn't, i didn't check) (minor thing)

second thing: you can just use the editor here to turn an image into a link. simply click on the image and then the link button. ("tutorial" in spoiler - it works the same way in the signature editor (that one works with bbcode...))

no idea how to automate that. bbcode doesn't seem to work (it simply disappears without changing anything) and you already tried HTML.

hcnoCfg.jpg

Edited by neophobia

12 hours ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

OAPkIOj.gif

Joker FTW!

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

if you can, re-render the signatures

Got it

EDIT: It works!

Edited by ScarecrowXIII
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

First of all: you can use "background: fixed center; background-size: cover;" for the background (in CSS/style) so it doesn't stretch that weirdly on the website (if the original one isn't, i didn't check) (minor thing)

second thing: you can just use the editor here to turn a image into a link. simply click on the image and then the link button. ("tutorial" in spoiler - it works the same way in the signature editor (that one works with bbcode...))

no idea how to automate that. bbcode doesn't seem to work (it simply disappears without changing anything) and you already tried HTML.

Reveal hidden contents

The reason the background stretch like that because... the image is like that. all the background images are 500width 100height. I just downloaded it from apb.re
So i locked the Div to 500 100 aswell

EDIT: well it worked... lmfao thx for that. But soon i'll still remove the pastechi designs to a text where the user can fill something of their own tho, make it a bit cooler :')

Second, well i think i was thinking legit on an anchor tag with a redirect to your community page/site instead of making the whole image a clickable link... I was thinking too far for something too simple 🤔

Edited by Keshi

10 minutes ago, Keshi said:

The reason the background stretch like that because... the image is like that. all the background images are 500width 100height. I just downloaded it from apb.re
So i locked the Div to 500 100 aswell

EDIT: well it worked... lmfao thx for that. But soon i'll still remove the pastechi designs to a text where the user can fill something of their own tho, make it a bit cooler :')

Second, well i think i was thinking legit on an anchor tag with a redirect to your community page/site instead of making the whole image a clickable link... I was thinking too far for something too simple 🤔

Ah actually I just meant the background of the site lmao (the one with double b)

If this improved smth, I am glad tho xd

Ye, clickable link-portion seems impossible - unless you split the image into two parts, which is very possible. (but the clickable one would only be available as full heigth or width rectangles)

anyway, I tried to use the site but it doesn't let me generate anything. I put all the text in and selected an image...

Edited by neophobia

12 minutes ago, neophobia said:

Ah actually I just meant the background of the site lmao (the one with double b)

If this improved smth, I am glad tho xd

Ye, clickable link-portion seems impossible - unless you split the image into two parts, which is very possible. (but the clickable one would only be available as full heigth or width rectangles)

anyway, I tried to use the site but it doesn't let me generate anything. I put all the text in and selected an image...

Oh lol... i had the background-size to cover. it looked great but not all resolution so i left it to 100% 100% so thats why it doesnt always scale that good... i'll prob put it back to cover 

And it might not generate because of something you chose may be incorrect to the back end. For example the gun you chose. I am aware of that so if you can tell me which guns you used i can check the backend and see if i misswrote the imagepath ^.^

33 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Oh lol... i had the background-size to cover. it looked great but not all resolution so i left it to 100% 100% so thats why it doesnt always scale that good... i'll prob put it back to cover 

And it might not generate because of something you chose may be incorrect to the back end. For example the gun you chose. I am aware of that so if you can tell me which guns you used i can check the backend and see if i misswrote the imagepath ^.^

weird. it works now. i had exactly those settings as i screenshot (tried 3 times, had the tab still open too)

now it works.

for the record: this is what i had

X1p18lL.jpg

Edited by neophobia

Holy cow, it's been hosted, glad to see it come back to fruition! Thanks @Keshi

I guess starting that other thread was a good idea to bring attention back to it 🙂 

Edit:

Already made my new signatures!

The backgrounds do seem a little stretched, and the editor is a bit finicky, but I love it!

Edited by Sergsininia

58 minutes ago, neophobia said:

weird. it works now. i had exactly those settings as i screenshot (tried 3 times, had the tab still open too)

now it works.

for the record: this is what i had

Hide contents

X1p18lL.jpg

Interesting... Host was probably playing with your feelings and then suddenly let it work :')

44 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Holy cow, it's been hosted, glad to see it come back to fruition! Thanks @Keshi

I guess starting that other thread was a good idea to bring attention back to it 🙂 

Edit:

Already made my new signatures!

The backgrounds do seem a little stretched, and the editor is a bit finicky, but I love it!

Yep your post brought light 😄

Well look at my signature and look at yours, the thing is the render method i left now was the only thing working for everybody, while the one that actually renders the image with good quality, doesnt render well for everyone. So i left the less good looking quality for now while i dig in the code to see why the calabri font doesnt render. (a textfont is f*cking up everything for some people)

The APB Background i am aware of it and i have just changed it now. it should look perfect now.
Hopefully i can remove the finicky quality after i find out why my original script wont render the calibri textfont in the image. the textfont is the only reason i am using a backup finicky method atm 😕

Give me some time and i'll figure it out when i get a chance!

• Like 1

@Keshi I am verry happy that we can give something usefull to the community and make it possible for everyone to use it.

If somebody see something to improve the Signature maker or have any other ideas, please tell us about it

Or if somebody has any issues in using it please tell us, we will look into it and/or assist you.

Have a nice day folks 😉

Speedy^^

@Lixil Can we get this Thread eventually pinned? Would be awsome for everybody who want to use the Signature maker and doesn't know about it...

Edited by SpeedyCat
  • Like 3