Sign in to follow this  
florian325

LO's response new Nvidia RTX Graphics Card release? (3080RTX)

Two years ago the 20-series RTX graphics card released, it turned out these cards do not or barely run APB (with some very heavy modifications).

As of recent the new 30- series (3070/3080/3090 RTX) released, this means APB Reloaded is now officially at least two Graphics Cards generations behind. What is Little Orbit expecting to do about this? 

Clearly they have been working on APB 2.1 but what is their statement? Will APB 2.1 be released in the next few months?

Otherwise they can not expect any new players with new hardware, which would mean the game is officially dead (not the mention current problems and low population already).

Myself and among other friends of mine who still actively play APB are planning on upgrading our Graphics Cards this year. I'm running a 1080Ti instead of a 2080Ti because of this very issue. Little Orbit can't expect me to stay behind on my personal PC because they are not able to respond according to the timeline of PC upgrades.

I made this thread/topic to ask Little Orbit for an official statement regarding this issue, please respond accordingly.

@MattScott

Edit: added Matt's name

Edited by florian325
  • Like 4

nothing.

they will do nothing but continue to put all of their money on the engine upgrade.

if they actually cared they would have fixed the issue that comes with the RTX cards (20 series) and tell the few people who continue to say the same rhetoric of 'oh well we just wait for engine upgrade performance will be better and it will be compatible" to shut up.

To my understanding it's a 64bit issue that the new engine upgrade will solve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, heelruby said:

just get a radeon and stop crying

I think you misread my intentions, this is mere a kind request towards Little Orbit for an official statement specifically aimed towards the release of new Graphics Cards in Q3/Q4 2020.

I have no time for crying.

35 minutes ago, Spy said:

To my understanding it's a 64bit issue that the new engine upgrade will solve.

I've heard similar things, however I'm not on the forums very often. I was hoping LIttle Orbit could give a up-to-date statement regarding this issue as now more then ever this has become relevant. 

We need to take LO to the international Court of Justice, clearly they are breaching your human rights by denying you the right to upgrade your PC.

Maybe we can start a class action together, I'm still running a core 2 duo because of the poor multi-threading performance....

1 hour ago, florian325 said:

I'm running a 1080Ti instead of a 2080Ti because of this very issue. Little Orbit can't expect me to stay behind on my personal PC because they are not able to respond according to the timeline of PC upgrades.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rade said:

We need to take LO to the international Court of Justice, clearly they are breaching your human rights by denying you the right to upgrade your PC.

Maybe we can start a class action together, I'm still running a core 2 duo because of the poor multi-threading performance....

This actually made me laugh hahaha

• Like 1

I do understand your issues, seriously though I think at the end of the day its our choice to upgrade or not. No doubt the decline in players is related to hardware upgrade issues and it is in LO's interest to provide a solution.

• Like 1

I bought a 2080ti last year and since about august 2019 have had to play on minimal when i always used to play on maximum. Ive got used to it now but its not ideal. I always hoped that they would at least do a sort of band aid fix and increase the quality of our own characters and cars on minimal settings so we can still enjoy the customisation things and the look of our characters without needing to use the 3rd party stuff. I hate having to have a low res character and cant see the details on my clothes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, florian325 said:

As of recent the new 30- series (3070/3080/3090 RTX) released, this means APB Reloaded is now officially at least two Graphics Cards generations behind. What is Little Orbit expecting to do about this? 

2 hours ago, Alani said:

if they actually cared they would have fixed the issue that comes with the RTX cards (20 series) and tell the few people who continue to say the same rhetoric of 'oh well we just wait for engine upgrade performance will be better and it will be compatible" to shut up

an outdated engine can not be expected to work flawlessly after all

3 hours ago, florian325 said:

. I'm running a 1080Ti instead of a 2080Ti because of this very issue.

lol send me ur 1080TI if u dont want to use it anymore cause im running apb on GT 1030..ok? 😉

3 hours ago, florian325 said:

Two years ago the 20-series RTX graphics card released, it turned out these cards do not or barely run APB (with some very heavy modifications).

Clearly they have been working on APB 2.1 but what is their statement? Will APB 2.1 be released in the next few months?

Otherwise they can not expect any new players with new hardware, which would mean the game is officially dead (not the mention current problems and low population already).

Myself and among other friends of mine who still actively play APB are planning on upgrading our Graphics Cards this year. I'm running a 1080Ti instead of a 2080Ti because of this very issue. Little Orbit can't expect me to stay behind on my personal PC because they are not able to respond according to the timeline of PC upgrades.

I made this thread/topic to ask Little Orbit for an official statement regarding this issue, please respond accordingly.

@MattScott

Edit: added Matt's name

Q: The big one I know a lot of people have asked, with the latest generation of Nvidia cards (the RTX cards), there are several issues on the older live engine where it's causing constant crashes which leaves them unable to play the game without doing quite a few tweaks to be able to play at all. Are RTX cards working as intended and working normally on the engine upgrade and can we expect to see them working as intended when the game goes live?

A: I believe so. I'm well aware, unfortunately, of the memory issues. The RTX issue in live is kind of complicated because the live game is 32-bit and Nvidia's drivers for the RTX cards it's just ... The driver is part of the problem, it's not that backwards compatible and then there's problems on our end because the engine is so old. From what I can tell the RTX cards work beautifully in the new engine. We haven't had any reports of Out of Memory issues or crashes or anything like that. In general there are a number of situations players find themselves in where they do get an Out of Memory error or crash in the current engine that won't happen. That's exclusively because of the jump to 64-bit addressing memory and things like that.

source:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/11052-second-apb-reloaded-qa-videos/?tab=comments#comment-144943

3 hours ago, Alani said:

nothing.

they will do nothing but continue to put all of their money on the engine upgrade.

if they actually cared they would have fixed the issue that comes with the RTX cards (20 series) and tell the few people who continue to say the same rhetoric of 'oh well we just wait for engine upgrade performance will be better and it will be compatible" to shut up.

S: When the engine upgrade gets put in and we go past the initial shock of getting the engine upgrade out to people and people getting used to the new norm, will there be an appreciable difference for people to how well the game can run? Especially on non-standard hardware. For instance, remember during the current game we've had the RTX crashes especially for new tech. Will the engine upgrade be more resilient to stuff like that?

M: Absolutely,  I mean look, a large part of what's happening right now with graphics cards is they're being moved to 64-bit so we're seeing the same problems that the main live engine has that's going to proliferate. We're going to see more of that and so internally I know we are on a clock. There's no option to not ship the new engine, because the more graphics cards that come out, the more computers get upgraded, the live game is going to perform worse and worse. We have a lot of systems now with a lot of cores and a lot of processors that are slower, each individual processor's slower than what we used to have and that's where the current live version of the game just falls down. It can't take advantage of all those cores.

source:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/13720-highlight-video-of-the-apb-21-beta-with-qa/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-174180

• Thanks 1

For the price of the RTX 3000 series I rather get a second PC for 32 bit games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

For the price of the RTX 3000 series I rather get a second PC for 32 bit games.

Actually, RTX 3000 series is cheaper than RTX 2000 series with expection of RTX 3090 which is somehow priced like RTX 2080 was at launch but sporting performance of RTX Titan.

Seems like good deal for me.

New games still got good games among them and also with such powerful GPU, VR is easily supported so... I think it's worth it.

To OP:

Well and here I am planing to build my PC on RTX 3090 rip.

The "out of memory" issues surrounding the RTX series of cards will be / are resolved in the Engine Upgrade.

9 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

The "out of memory" issues surrounding the RTX series of cards will be / are resolved in the Engine Upgrade.

To me it's already a bit better then months ago, I crashed multiple times per evening a new months ago. Now I can, for some reason, play an entire night without crashing. It will lag a bit more but hey, no crashes for me. 

1 minute ago, Spy said:

To me it's already a bit better then months ago, I crashed multiple times per evening a new months ago. Now I can, for some reason, play an entire night without crashing. It will lag a bit more but hey, no crashes for me. 

If that's on the Live version of the client, then that's really odd since I know that hardly any code changes have been done on this client for the time being. But if it works for you, power to you! It's an annoying unforeseen issue that is caused by new cards with new driver instructions that behave differently on different code. (in very simple terms)

I just want to give a shout out to all my RTX brothers and sisters... It shouldn't be this hard to play, amirite?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

If that's on the Live version of the client, then that's really odd since I know that hardly any code changes have been done on this client for the time being.

It is for the live version and truthfully I have no idea why the crashing stopped. I can only asume that some code has changed. Other then that, the only thing that changed on my rig is the updates for nvidia. Anyway, I'm not complaining 🙂

Me buy 3090 this week.

Still gonna play APB at Nintendo 64 settings. Nice.

23 hours ago, Mitne said:

Actually, RTX 3000 series is cheaper than RTX 2000 series with expection of RTX 3090 which is somehow priced like RTX 2080 was at launch but sporting performance of RTX Titan.

Seems like good deal for me.

New games still got good games among them and also with such powerful GPU, VR is easily supported so... I think it's worth it.

To OP:

Well and here I am planing to build my PC on RTX 3090 rip.

$700 will get you a PC that can run APB over 100fps, without modified configs. If you enjoy playing old games having a second PC to do so on sounds like a better investment.

Edited by SquirrelFace

49 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

$700 will get you a PC that can run APB over 100fps, without modified configs. If you enjoy playing old games having a second PC to do so on sounds like a better investment.

Yeah but I want also to play other games than APB.

As many people said here before building anything over 500 $ up for one game is idiotic unless you are proffesional esporter or streamer.

Plus powerful build will last for at least 5 years with current tendency of technology advancement. Everything budget won't.

I prefer to spend once 2500-3000$ than 700$ every year.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

I don't see the point in 'upgrading' gpu from 1070-1080... games ive played recently run fine with my 1080.

If you want good FPS and performance on APB upgrade your cpu instead... helps with every other game also.

using an i9-9900k atm with capped fps ... once engine upgrade comes then ill upgrade to <insert whatever good card is out>.

its just a driver / windows update fault. Im staying at 1903 windows 10 build and im good with 2080 Super without crashing(or having any other issues with it) ... so i supose its some directx updates that gets this shit fucked. Or im just lucky silly person.

EDIT: i tested APB on everything maxed out(using custom configs for that) and my RTX 2080 Super was used at 60-80% so yea ...

Edited by TheSxW

Sign in to follow this