TheSxW

Change for few weapons

R-2 Harbinger - Recovery time is too high - recomended 0.450 -> 0.380(or 0.4) (allow to use this weapon more often ... cause now its trash at longer distance then 5m) - also will advice to change Damage from 25% up to 30% it will still be 4 shoots but will remove that aspect of clothing agent 3 healed up which adds 1 up to 2 shoots if you wait long enough
Obeya CR762 - Per Shot Modifier - recomended 0.44 -> 0.5 (or 0.48), Recovery Delay 0.1 -> 0.12 - just to nerf that macro type of playstyle
SG-21 'Strife' - Fire Interval - recomended 1.25 -> 1 (or 1.1) - noone uses that cause it has longest ttk ever as for cqc weapon
JG - Fire interval 0.65 -> 0.7(or 0.75) - or something between - removes Overpowerness from JG
CSG/TAS - Fire Interval 0.7 -> 0.75(or 0.72) - still good at longer distances but give up on few weapons on close cqc
Scout's - Damage 60% -> 57% - still allows to 2 taps but removes overpower aspect out of it
Joker SR15 - now its sniper rifle i'm not sure reducing crosshair size increase was a good idea (it was good as it was now its macro weapon

AMG-556 - need increased horizontal recoil by 10% up to 15%
N-SSW + VAS SW2 - Fire Interval 0.155 -> 1.6
Concussion Grenade - Ghost damage if you drop a nade incorectly (somehow damage is better below grenade then it going around the grenade)
OCA-EW 626 - why buffing already good weapon ??
N-TEC 5 - useless buff. like why ...
should i remember ppl there is a gun named Temptress ? which also need a some kind of nerf ...
more maybe later on...
PS. tell what you think about those changes?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheSxW said:

Yeah, that weapon now has 0.672s time to kill.. Yayyy~~... ridiculous

The upcoming Weapon Balance iteration better be complimentary to this one, or this would be a revival of the OCA-meta meme (which already is in effect as Players are now just using OCA in Asylum).

Every few balance patches are just OCA-buff, OCA-nerf, OCA-buff, OCA-nerf. We'll get nowhere like this.

2 hours ago, TheSxW said:

R-2 Harbinger - Recovery time is too high - recomended 0.450 -> 0.380(or 0.4) (allow to use this weapon more often ... cause now its trash at longer distance then 5m) - also will advice to change Damage from 25% up to 30% it will still be 4 shoots but will remove that aspect of clothing agent 3 healed up which adds 1 up to 2 shoots if you wait long enough
Obeya CR762 - Per Shot Modifier - recomended 0.44 -> 0.5 (or 0.48), Recovery Delay 0.1 -> 0.12 - just to nerf that macro type of playstyle
SG-21 'Strife' - Fire Interval - recomended 1.25 -> 1 (or 1.1) - noone uses that cause it has longest ttk ever as for cqc weapon
JG - Fire interval 0.65 -> 0.7(or 0.75) - or something between - removes Overpowerness from JG
CSG/TAS - Fire Interval 0.7 -> 0.75(or 0.72) - still good at longer distances but give up on few weapons on close cqc
Scout's - Damage 60% -> 57% - still allows to 2 taps but removes overpower aspect out of it
Joker SR15 - now its sniper rifle i'm not sure reducing crosshair size increase was a good idea (it was good as it was now its macro weapon

AMG-556 - need increased horizontal recoil by 10% up to 15%
N-SSW + VAS SW2 - Fire Interval 0.155 -> 1.6
Concussion Grenade - Ghost damage if you drop a nade incorectly (somehow damage is better below grenade then it going around the grenade)
N-TEC 5 - useless buff. like why ...
should i remember ppl there is a gun named Temptress ? which also need a some kind of nerf ...
more maybe later on...

AMG needs a harder nerf

the recent scout changes should be reverted entirely

CSG shouldnt be nerfed because the JG is just better/easier to use, even after your proposed changes to the JG/CSG.

I feel like the strife just shouldnt be touched, it's not a bad weapon, just fills a niche ig.

I agree the harbinger needs to be changed but I hate how we're choosing to balance everything around clotting 3.

clotting 3 meta is what needed to be addressed the most, an entire games weapon balance shouldn't be heavily influenced on a single mod that almost everyone uses. it's time for a change, whether it's a nerf/rework or whether it's buffing the default regen rate to match clotting 3

Edited by claude

small, shy touches will never balance the game in whole. we need a big overhaul where weapons are defined by 4-5 archetypes in each role. those archetypes will be created for weapons based on their stats such as rate of fire, range, stability, magazine size in a scale from 1 to 10 for each stat with the total of 20 stat points distributed into each stat. in my example, we have 4 stats in total so 5 points for each stat will give you 20 stats to be distributed. this will make sure you don't have overpowered or underpowered weapons.  

Rifleman:

1st archetype: Assault Rifles. (Ntec-5, Atac, STAR 556, FAR, S1-FA Frenzy etc.)
RoF: 5
Range: 5
Stability: 5

Mag Size: 5

2nd archetype: Burst Rifles (Oscar, Obir etc.)

RoF: 6

Range: 4

Stability: 5

Mag Size: 6

3rd archetype: Semi-Auto Single Fire Rifles (Sr15 Carbine, Ar97 Misery etc.)

RoF: 5

Range: 4

Stability: 6

Mag Size: 5

4th archetype: Short Barrel Low Caliber Assault Rifles (Agrotech ACES Rifle, Raptor etc.)

RoF: 8 

Range: 3 

Stability: 3

Mag Size:  6

5th archetype: Long Range Rifles (STAR LCR, ISSR, N-ISSR etc.)

RoF: 3

Range: 8

Stability: 6

Mag Size 5

i meantioned some weapons that kinda fit in each archetype and while this will kill the variety of weapon styles, it will make balancing the gun play easier. some weapons will have to be changed so they can fit in a certain archetype because now sometimes some submachine guns do some assault rifles' jobs better.

JMB weapons can have unique mods that bend said archetypes in unique ways.

i got this idea from Destiny, a game where you can utilize hundreds of different weapons that are categorized in a few archetypes in each role. for example in assault rifle role there are 360 RPM, 450 RPM, 600 RPM, 720 RPM archetypes and each category differ in terms of range, mag size, stability and zoom magnification. higher RPM archetypes have less range and less stability with deeper magazines. lower RPM archetypes have higher range, higher stability and less bullets in the magazine. and with this system, you don't balance gun play weapon by weapon but archetype by archetype. less work and more balance. 

jm2c.

Edited by PoshDoll

3 hours ago, TheSxW said:

Worst suggestions all togheter I have ever read

And something I guess of the data in ApbDb are still wrong/ unupdate, for ex. the actual CSG ttk/ fire rate is something around 0.75

I'm so glad we have SPCT sitting down together with the devs to do weapon balancing... some of yalls suggestions are strange AF.

don't get me wrong, providing feedback is exactly what LO wants... but I'm just happy that in the end it all has to go through a logical thinking process from people that actually know a bit about balancing in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

I'm so glad we have SPCT sitting down together with the devs to do weapon balancing... some of yalls suggestions are strange AF.

don't get me wrong, providing feedback is exactly what LO wants... but I'm just happy that in the end it all has to go through a logical thinking process from people that actually know a bit about balancing in general.

But But.. they nerfed you !!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

But But.. they nerfed you !!

they only wanted to nerf JG / snub switching.... no one played with me anyway, so this change didn't really affect anyone 😞

I just hope next patch I'll get some love...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

they only wanted to nerf JG / snub switching.... no one played with me anyway, so this change didn't really affect anyone 😞

I just hope next patch I'll get some love...

No one uses you because you got replaced by the FBW as the default secondary. Now they nerf you over a weapon switch combo that required 100% luck to kill with.

The SPCT is nothing but silver veterans. Probably the worst people you could chose to balance weapons. They mostly play on the EU between themselves nowadays.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

The SPCT is nothing but silver veterans.

1v1 me at double b, blowtorch only 

4 minutes ago, Motorola said:

they need to stop changing the guns.... just leave it as it is for a few.

I strongly disagree.

there are plenty of underpowered weapons that need to be buffed. IMO we're pretty much done with nerfing (for now). time to get these underdogs up there to spice up the gameplay.

• Thanks 1

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

Nah bro. I'm fine with the R2 changes and making unused guns viable, but don't even mention the shotgun cqc class, I know a thing or two about those because it's the only weapon I've played this year, and trust me, I don't need an even longer ttk against an SMG meta. I'm just wondering if you've actually sat down for a few days or weeks to try the weapons. 

The strife change wouldn't change much. But I feel like it's made with other things in mind.

For it to enter the meta it should offer something different and complementary to the other 2.

I'll break it down for you: JG allows for dumbed down gameplay at closer ranges (point open end of the barrel in general direction of enemy, pull trigger until killed). 

The CSG offers higher range while also requiring you to be accurate with your pellets at spit range to actually 2stk, at a slightly longer ttk. 

Now, what could the Strife offer that these other 2 aren't doing already? 

About the ACTUAL In-game changes:

No one asked for a .44 and RSA change. It was pretty uncalled for, actually. Like, I can get to the same train of thought that led to the changes, buuuut... Just, nah.

The RSA already kills slow enough (it's almost 2 seconds of TTK down range) definitlely not posing enough of a problem against ANYTHING other than another RSA for a change to be made regarding accuracies moving. Obeya is like "you're challenging me, bro?" and so are most weapons. 

The .44... Idk man. Sure. Most of the time if I'm crossing an open space I'll run with the gun out already (like most people do) so it's not even a relevant change. More like a concept misunderstanding. And the range... Eh. It already struggled enough with being actually 4stk in most scenarios, about 3/4 of the fights (especially fighting against clotting agent 2-3) (no one plays Fragile. I do, but you get it). 

I find myself using those as suppressive, supportive weapons. You know. Allow rotation, keep an enemy still, and in some cases allow for someone else to finish the job quickly. 

The Snub looks like a pocket gun, I guess just add a line in the code that makes it switch slower to some guns, or start accounting for de-equip time and completely rebalance. No other comment on that one, no one will use it anyways. 

Edited by _chain

On 9/19/2020 at 4:48 AM, _chain said:

Nah bro. I'm fine with the R2 changes and making unused guns viable, but don't even mention the shotgun cqc class, I know a thing or two about those because it's the only weapon I've played this year, and trust me, I don't need an even longer ttk against an SMG meta. I'm just wondering if you've actually sat down for a few days or weeks to try the weapons. 

The strife change wouldn't change much. But I feel like it's made with other things in mind.

For it to enter the meta it should offer something different and complementary to the other 2.

I'll break it down for you: JG allows for dumbed down gameplay at closer ranges (point open end of the barrel in general direction of enemy, pull trigger until killed). 

The CSG offers higher range while also requiring you to be accurate with your pellets at spit range to actually 2stk, at a slightly longer ttk. 

Now, what could the Strife offer that these other 2 aren't doing already? 

About the ACTUAL In-game changes:

No one asked for a .44 and RSA change. It was pretty uncalled for, actually. Like, I can get to the same train of thought that led to the changes, buuuut... Just, nah.

The RSA already kills slow enough (it's almost 2 seconds of TTK down range) definitlely not posing enough of a problem against ANYTHING other than another RSA for a change to be made regarding accuracies moving. Obeya is like "you're challenging me, bro?" and so are most weapons. 

The .44... Idk man. Sure. Most of the time if I'm crossing an open space I'll run with the gun out already (like most people do) so it's not even a relevant change. More like a concept misunderstanding. And the range... Eh. It already struggled enough with being actually 4stk in most scenarios, about 3/4 of the fights (especially fighting against clotting agent 2-3) (no one plays Fragile. I do, but you get it). 

I find myself using those as suppressive, supportive weapons. You know. Allow rotation, keep an enemy still, and in some cases allow for someone else to finish the job quickly. 

The Snub looks like a pocket gun, I guess just add a line in the code that makes it switch slower to some guns, or start accounting for de-equip time and completely rebalance. No other comment on that one, no one will use it anyways. 

agree to the rsa and .44
instead i will buff r-2 and nerf .45 (cause of 1024x768 abuse)

for snr it should slow change from main to secondary but faster from secondary to main ?? i think this change is ok i think... (didnt tested that out now but qs'ing was a thign for everything tbh...)

about the JG i hate to say but that insane 2 taps are driving me crazy cause ppl don't need to hit all pellets to kill now...
b4 it was 75 + 25(or 50+50 with hitting like 67% of pellets twice to kill)  and now that we have that "percentage damage" thing (if its still there...) you don't need to hit 50% of pellets you can hit less and still kill - its hard to explain with words i hope you can understand what i mean. i will even recomend to lower down dagame fro jg from 75 up to csg dmg and maybe then buff csg damage up ? cause you nee dot hit that all pellets from csg (and its harder to do then with JG)