R3ACT3M

Remove VIP missions please

Remove VIP missions please  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Get rid of VIP missions once and for all?

• Yes
    • no keep them
    • no just rework them (read my suggestions or write your own)

I know I am not alone when I say that VIP has to be one of THE worst objectives to participate in.

I don't feel like listing all the reasons as to why these objectives are unenjoyable. But 1 would be they take way to long to complete.

Being the VIP, protecting the VIP, attacking the VIP none of these roles are fun to be put in.

The only thing VIP missions are good for is promoting team work but they usually don't pan out that way on either side (either your team is good at working together or the enemy is)

Every time VIP missions are brought up in district chat most people agree that these are one of the worst.

I think the definitive reason would be the gameplay just gets slowed down too much.

But if I were to suggest an alternative:

Instead of 1 static VIP have the VIP change after the previous died, but don't make it an instant switch. Give the VIP defenders a heads up who is going to be next and then 5-10 seconds after the previous VIP dies make the change.

Another problem with VIP is the fact that only 1 person on the VIP has to die while the opposing team looses lives for everyone. Why not make the VIP missions fight club style? Have 2 on each side so teams have to attack and defend.

Just some ideas, would appreciate others input on the matter. But I for one would not cry if VIP missions were removed.

vip missions go like this

1 your vip is stupid runs the whole match and dies forcing a loss then he spends the time after the match saying how useless his team was

2 your vip has no idea he is vip

3 your vip is really good and it's a fun final match

4 the opp lasers your vip and targets him the whole time and makes the fight a hard one

or 5the vip doesnt want to do the mission kills himselfs/refuses to play

rarely fun mostly in low rank matchs 2v2s 3v3s etc. vip needs to be more of a 5v5 

• Like 1

There's a rare 6th,

No one attacks the vip and the match dissolves into a extended TDM with 1 team having 0 penalty for dieing (vip's team has inf. lives)

On 9/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just give both teams a VIP. There fixed.

That is what I suggested, would make for more fun gameplay if both teams had to defend and attack, would also make it so no one can just camp an area. Also rotating the vip mid objective could make it less frustrating. 

Like a message appears: YOU ARE THE NEXT VIP
                                             GET READY IN:
then a count down a moment of invincibility to get away and prevent you from getting immediately killed. And to balance the invincibility just disallow the next vip to shoot during that small window of invincibility.

But if LO are uncomfortable with trying to make a change like this, just remove VIP missions cause they just slow down gameplay at make it frustrating. 

On 9/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, Zolerox said:

No one attacks the vip and the match dissolves into a extended TDM with 1 team having 0 penalty for dieing (vip's team has inf. lives)

Sounds like fun to me coach

Vip is the most balanced mission.

Cause:

1. if the vip is a dethreater the pain stylicide mission griefed doesn'T go not even 5 minutes.
  2. the tryharders can be avoided with a nice run 
  3. the cheaters canT set their aimbot just to vip.
  4. team works finally have a clear strategy, focus defense and dynamic attack. (also a bronze understand this)
  5. osmaw-volcano-trueogre nerds are the most useless player in this mission.
  6. blue vs red team deathmatch is in other games. and these games are boring.

about reworking:

1. change vip target is idiot. in this way there is 100% free kill for oppo when the vip is the weakest.
  2. if the weakest is the vip from begin, means that the strongers are free to kill the oppo moving to vip target.
  3. 8 kill spotted vs 23 free target is perfect.
  4. vip vs vip means that who cheat more wins.

if vip sits in car reduce this car max speed by 50% (cause runners)
vip fixed ... xD

set a vip to best player in group comparing score at this mission (or kill death ratio)

about lifes
vip lifes for example will be 5
opposition lifes will be 5 * players in team (or 4 it depends on ballancing)

after vip team dies twice in a row vip loses 1 life

ps. make a random last stage ??
with change dependency on how much ppl is in the teams
2v2 3v3 - will be most likely tdm and 1's or 2's carry base points and hold points
4v4 5v5 - will has vip 5's carry (amount 1) and missions from above
above 5v5 - (so that heavy missions 10v10) 5's carry with amount greater then 1(most likely 2,3), double vip(a fightclub one)

Edited by TheSxW

I actually had a "good" vip match recently (a rare sight) end of the day think the lack of a bigger playerbase to let matchmaking you know... actually find a match for once is the real reason for most of these "issues" (and to make sure i tick of just the right ammount of people, I also blame "groups" for the fact matchmaking is screwed.)

11 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I actually had a "good" vip match recently (a rare sight) end of the day think the lack of a bigger playerbase to let matchmaking you know... actually find a match for once is the real reason for most of these "issues" (and to make sure i tick of just the right ammount of people, I also blame "groups" for the fact matchmaking is screwed.)

One thing RTW never took into account when making their game is it having a low playerbase. So now that APB may never have a high player base it needs to be considered in this game's future.

Playing both EU and NA I see the same issues in both. I like the idea of there being 2 vip's one on each side because it will be a bit more dynamic than the same fucking 1 side defends 1 side attacks shit that every mission does.

I mean when you think about it APB missions as a whole are really flawed because they are all just reskins of Attack and Defend with no innovation or way to spice it up outside of fight club.