RCooper

Pig is now useless

20 minutes ago, Preme said:

Aww how sad that you actually have to work for it now instead of taking easy arrests 

you obviously have never really used LTL or maxed cop role.  Tell you what, max out cop role (or play it a few rounds) then come back and give feedback on how strong LTL is.

44 minutes ago, Preme said:

The stun and the time youre in cuffs should be lowered by 50%

Only if LTL gets buffed to where it should be.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, Preme said:

Aww how sad that you actually have to work for it now instead of taking easy arrests 

PIG + Perc still works! If I wanted easy arrests I could just use that.

Merged.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, Preme said:

The stun and the time youre in cuffs should be lowered by 50%

You want to nerf the LTL further? It's difficult enough to get to the stunned player in time to make the arrest. If you reduce the time in cuffs by 50% you would also reduce the time for a teammate to rescue you.

LTL is used by 5% (my guess) or less of the player base. And the reason why it is used so little is because it's underpowered and often frustrating to use. Why are people suddenly coming out of the woodworks and demanding it to be nerfed? 

Seems like people think the PIG is a primary weapon. It isn't; it's a secondary weapon which is intented to be used as a last resort. Perhaps LTL primaries do need to be buffed, but a secondary that can stun someone in almost 1 shot is a gimmick and shouldn't be in the game. Reminds me of the pre-nerf yukon times (just not as severe).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lilpiggy said:

You want to nerf the LTL further? It's difficult enough to get to the stunned player in time to make the arrest. If you reduce the time in cuffs by 50% you would also reduce the time for a teammate to rescue you.

LTL is used by 5% (my guess) or less of the player base. And the reason why it is used so little is because it's underpowered and often frustrating to use. Why are people suddenly coming out of the woodworks and demanding it to be nerfed? 

99% of the time you get arrested there isnt a chance of being rescued while in the mean time enforcers get all that extra time in advantage because a player can not do anything until he respawns. 

And its not underpowered at all, i dont wanna imagine it being any better since once u get someone arrested you get the time advantage. 

And its even worse when you got those enforcers who prolong it until the last seconds so they can keep the good players of the match while the rest is doing the missions. 

Thats why it gotta be either entirely removed, or reduced in time for arresting and being stunned. Or give criminals a same thing so we can make yall feel how it feels to be stunned and prolonged the time on, and teabagged while youre helpless.

6 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Seems like people think the PIG is a primary weapon. It isn't; it's a secondary weapon which is intented to be used as a last resort. Perhaps LTL primaries do need to be buffed, but a secondary that can stun someone in almost 1 shot is a gimmick and shouldn't be in the game. Reminds me of the pre-nerf yukon times (just not as severe).

Yeah. Almost isn't good enough for an arrest.

And the Yukon can still kill in .78 secs and the Showstopper in .70 faster than any primary LTL.

Until there is a comprehensive rebalance of the LTL they shouldn't have nerfed the PIG. And the reason given for the PIG change was the PIG + Perc combo. Removing stamina damage from the Percs would have resolved that problem.

22 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Laughs in Half-Bricks...

And no, PIG didn't stun in 1 shot. A "tazer" is also not a gimmick.. that is what it does..

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Preme said:

99% of the time you get arrested there isnt a chance of being rescued while in the mean time enforcers get all that extra time in advantage because a player can not do anything until he respawns. 

And its not underpowered at all, i dont wanna imagine it being any better since once u get someone arrested you get the time advantage. 

And its even worse when you got those enforcers who prolong it until the last seconds so they can keep the good players of the match while the rest is doing the missions. 

Thats why it gotta be either entirely removed, or reduced in time for arresting and being stunned. Or give criminals a same thing so we can make yall feel how it feels to be stunned and prolonged the time on, and teabagged while youre helpless.

Dude half of the lethal secondaries are better than the LTL primaries. Just by the numbers. The fastest LTL primary to stun someone is the Stabba with 1.050 sec TTS. While lethal secondaries like the Yukon ( .78 secs), Showstopper (.70 secs), Colby .45 (.8 secs) or even the FBW (1.0 secs) are more powerful and kill faster.

The statement that LTL is not underpowered is absurd. You clearly haven't used them.

1 minute ago, LilyRain said:

Laughs in Half-Bricks...

And no, PIG didn't stun in 1 shot

"almost 1 shot"

Don't change what I'm saying. I was referring to how you could just drop a perc (or a large range of other weapons) and then 1 shot someone with the PIG.

If you're all so butthurt about not being able to get easy stuns then start using stun grenades. They stun in 1 hit.

I'm already starting to regret getting involved with this thread.

1 minute ago, owzzy said:

Don't change what I'm saying. I was referring to how you could just drop a perc (or a large range of other weapons) and then 1 shot someone with the PIG.

If you're all so butthurt about not being able to get easy stuns then start using stun grenades. They stun in 1 hit.

I'm already starting to regret getting involved with this thread.

So you were saying PIG 1 shots, but now you are saying it requires percs.. okay

Don't keep bouncing back and forth please.

6 hours ago, lilpiggy said:

PIG + Perc still works! If I wanted easy arrests I could just use that.

I did not refer to perc+pig at all to begin with and if you didnt want easy arrests you wouldnt have wanted a stun gun that slows the enemy down just so you have enough time to take the kill which is done in a easy way since the enemy is already slowed down and low on stamina, so yeah you do want easy kills but dont worry bud youre not the only one here, all these pro enforcers you see here dont want their lovely LTL guns touched because they know how good it is.

Edited by Preme

So you were saying PIG 1 shots, but now you are saying it requires percs.. okay

Don't keep bouncing back and forth please.

Allow me to scroll up the page a little bit and quote exactly what I said, just for you.

almost 1 shot

Almost 1 shot, last time I checked, isn't the same as an actual 1 shot.

You're starting to embarrass yourself.

6 minutes ago, lilpiggy said:

Dude half of the lethal secondaries are better than the LTL primaries. Just by the numbers. The fastest LTL primary to stun someone is the Stabba with 1.050 sec TTS. While lethal secondaries like the Yukon ( .78 secs), Showstopper (.70 secs), Colby .45 (.8 secs) or even the FBW (1.0 secs) are more powerful and kill faster.

The statement that LTL is not underpowered is absurd. You clearly haven't used them.

So you want it to be as fast as a lethal gun AND have the advantage of the time thats the criminal does when hes being stunned first and the arrested and has to respawn? 

Just now, Preme said:

I did not refer to perc+pig at all to begin with and if you didnt want easy arrests you wouldnt have wanted a stun gun that slows the enemy down just so you have enough time to take the kill which is done in a easy way sine the enemy is alreayd slowed down and low on stamina, so yeah you do want easy kills but dont worry bud youre not the only one here, all these pro enforcers you see here dont want their lovely LTL guns touched because they know how good it is.

But the reason given for the change by LO is PIG + Perc. Maybe read the change notes before commenting. your last sentence makes it obvious that you are either trolling or are clueless. Not gonna waste my time with you any further.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, owzzy said:

Allow me to scroll up the page a little bit and quote exactly what I said, just for you.

Almost 1 shot, last time I checked, isn't the same as an actual 1 shot.

You're starting to embarrass yourself.

It still doesn't "change" what you have said..

You said the PIG is a gimmick, which is not.. it is a tazer.. this is its job

I laughed in half-bricks, which are the REAL gimmick.. They aren't a secondary nor a primary either. They CAN KILL with 1 throw, something PIG never did.

Don't downplay the role of the PIG as a "gimmick" when clearly more out-of-place gimmicks exist.

Merged.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:29 PM, lilpiggy said:

But the reason given for the change by LO is PIG + Perc. Maybe read the change notes before commenting. your last sentence makes it obvious that you are either trolling or are clueless. Not gonna waste my time with you any further.

He is trolling in a new-account to see APB decline further. Just a bunch of people who don't want to see this game be a fraction better

• Like 1

It still doesn't "change" what you have said..

You said the PIG is a gimmick, which is not.. it is a tazer.. this is its job

I laughed in half-bricks, which are the REAL gimmick.. They aren't a secondary nor a primary either. They CAN KILL with 1 throw, something PIG never did.

Don't downplay the role of the PIG as a "gimmick" when clearly more out-of-place gimmicks exist.

You clearly seem to think bricks are OP. Bricks have to travel a long distance in order to 1 shot someone and it's something that can be easily dodged - especially if you see the person throwing it. Even if they are a gimmick, they're not an annoying and overpowered gimmick.

I just don't see why you're so upset. The problem was the PIG + Perc combo which required barely any skill and an incredibly easy setup, and that even though that can still be done, it has been made more difficult to pull off. 

5 minutes ago, owzzy said:

You clearly seem to think bricks are OP. Bricks have to travel a long distance in order to 1 shot someone and it's something that can be easily dodged - especially if you see the person throwing it. Even if they are a gimmick, they're not an annoying and overpowered gimmick.

I just don't see why you're so upset. The problem was the PIG + Perc combo which required barely any skill and an incredibly easy setup, and that even though that can still be done, it has been made more difficult to pull off. 

"Brick" is a car modification... "Half-bricks" are the ones to be thrown, learn the difference.

And no.. the one that needs to "travel a long distance" is the 8-ball. Half-bricks don't need to travel far at all.

I am not upset at all, you simply did not read anything in this thread..

Our stance is to have percussion grenades nerfed, not the PIG. That was the right thing to do and would've actually naturally fixed PIG+perc (plus other cheesy combinations such as perc+aces and perc+OCA).

The current change failed to nerf PIG+perc, it nerfed LTL but not the cheesy combo that actually should go away.

And the PIG was not "overpowered".

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, lilpiggy said:

Because pig+perc obviously was the most overused combo thats why they mentioned that, but the reason that you gave was a different one and thats what i commented on. 

Edited by Preme

2 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

"Brick" is a car modification... "Half-bricks" are the ones to be thrown, learn the difference.

And no.. the one that needs to "travel a long distance" is the 8-ball. Half-bricks don't need to travel far at all.

I am not upset at all, you simply did not read anything in this thread..

Our stance is to have percussion grenades nerfed, not the PIG. That was the right thing to do and would've actually naturally fixed PIG+perc (plus other cheesy combinations such as perc+aces and perc+OCA).

The current change failed to nerf PIG+perc, it nerfed LTL but not the cheesy combo that actually should go away.

I'm sorry your smooth brain couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realise when I say 'bricks' and not brick and then talk about throwing a brick that I'm actually talking about half bricks. They still both need to travel a certain distance before they can 1 shot and neither are close range which means landing the projectile isn't easy.

I'm done arguing with you. You're not trying to argue anything but more interested in twisting my words.

33 minutes ago, owzzy said:

I'm sorry your smooth brain couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realise when I say 'bricks' and not brick and then talk about throwing a brick that I'm actually talking about half bricks. They still both need to travel a certain distance before they can 1 shot and neither are close range which means landing the projectile isn't easy.

I'm done arguing with you. You're not trying to argue anything but more interested in twisting my words.

Yeah, it is very clear who is "butthurt"

Get your facts straight next time before thinking you can contribute to balancing the game. Half-bricks don't need to travel far, not by a long shot.... They are NOT an 8-ball reskin like a lot of people seem to believe. They are fundamentally different. It amuses me that you don't know this since the most popular APB-streamer, Kempington, kills 3 opponents in his stream-intro with half-bricks. You see this EVERY time he goes live.. Is this difficult to verify? Might wanna refrain from using your current terminologies in the forums ("smooth brain") and actually see things for yourself. But then again, we both know that you are well-aware that you have no facts to back yourself up with.

For your information: Anyone who called the old-PIG "overpowered" instantly became a meme. Refrain from doing so in the future, for your own sake.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lilpiggy said:

Preme is a bronze crim that got destroyed by a silver enforcer using LTL.  I've seen this type of posting before and it always turned out to be a low skilled crim who has never touched LTL.

There is no point in debating LTL with a person who can not even be bothered to use LTL on their second free character slot.

No one who has maxed out the cop role would seriously consider LTL overpowered or even on the same level as lethal.

Edited by illgot

3 minutes ago, illgot said:

Preme is a bronze crim that got destroyed by a silver enforcer using LTL.  I've seen this type of posting before and it always turned out to be a low skilled crim who has never touched LTL.

There is no point in debating LTL with a person who can not even be bothered to use LTL on their second free character slot.

There isn't a single person who has maxed out the cop role that would seriously consider LTL overpowered or even on the same level as lethal.

And you must be a gold that makes use of these ltl tactics to think that youre such a good player to talk down on bronzes like that 😆 

5 minutes ago, illgot said:

There isn't a single person who has maxed out the cop role that would seriously consider LTL overpowered or even on the same level as lethal.

Right on the mark. High-tier players never complain about LTL.

1 minute ago, Preme said:

And you must be a gold that makes use of these ltl tactics to think that youre such a good player to talk down on bronzes like that 😆 

Let us be real, those tactics are much more demanding than OCA and ATAC.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, LilyRain said:

Depends on the situation youre in, mostly u get a perc and then they hide and come back out to give u a stun with pig, i dont think its that demanding at all, but there is some more demand in using ltl against a oca i would agree on however that is perfectly fine because your reward is bigger since you will waste a lot of the enemies time but doing a few simple movements.

Merged.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, LilyRain said:

Btw if it really was that much more demanding it wouldnt have had frustraded so many enforcers that loved getting easy arrests/kills. 

Edited by Preme
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Preme said:

Depends on the situation youre in, mostly u get a perc and then they hide and come back out to give u a stun with pig, i dont think its that demanding at all, but there is some more demand in using ltl against a oca i would agree on however that is perfectly fine because your reward is bigger since you will waste a lot of the enemies time but doing a few simple movements.

That situation is another reason why LO should've nerfed percs rather than the PIG. Not only PIG+perc remains the same, but hiding behind cover easily allows for the 2nd perc to be thrown, completely negating the stamina-nerf on the PIG. Most of the time the 2nd perc won't be needed, but it is still an option that increases the margin of error, making the cheese even more cheesy.

LTL was KINDA okay against OCA if the Enforcer was skilled (new players won't know how to make it work), now it is borderline out of reach with OCA's unnecessary buff. Up to 0.6 seconds time-to-kill is just insane.

The rewards don't cut it either, considering the OCA will win most of the time.. and re-arresting freed-players that didn't die or respawn gives nothing. No score, no nothing.

The current weapon balance changes are incomplete. LO must either roll them back or further compensate elsewhere by buffing LTL as a whole (and percs would still deserve a nerf then).

3 minutes ago, Preme said:

Btw if it really was that much more demanding it wouldnt have had frustraded so many enforcers that loved getting easy arrests/kills. 

We are experienced. We played APB for years, therefore it was second-nature to us.

The current state is just rage-driven and further nerfs what was massively-nerfed years ago. This is not the way.

But it is okay for LO to roll-back the OCA-nerfs that were deemed too much and rolled back? Why was RSA heavily nerfed too? The patch makes zero sense & the news page that explains the changes shows incompetence when it comes to weapon balancing.