RCooper

Pig is now useless

First of all, hello everyone and please don't hate me for my opnion 🤗

The Pig nerf is awesome! Im playing Enforcer as my main Account and i don't have any Problem with it! 🤗

Thanks LO, big thanks 🤗

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Preme said:

Remove LTL weapons entirely

No! You filthy criminal! Justice will be served.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, owzzy said:

arresting someone takes them out of the game for twice as long.

considering an opponent thats rolling you consistently with ltl would just be killing you twice as much with a lethal weapon, i think it evens out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One aspect of the nerf wasn't mention yet (I think):

A hit from the old PIG would slow the target down and made it harder to dodge bullets or run away. This is now completely taken away from the weapon. The target can now just run away from the PIG and since it takes 2.25secs for the next shot. It's easy to get beyond the 10m distance limit of the PIG.

Utter trash that nerf. Absolutely not thought thru.

Please revert it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lilpiggy said:

A hit from the old PIG would slow the target down and made it harder to dodge bullets or run away. This is now completely taken away from the weapon. The target can now just run away from the PIG and since it takes 2.25secs for the next shot. It's easy to get beyond the 10m distance limit of the PIG.

Please revert it.

Considering stunning and arresting a player will take him out of the mission for twice the time it is for just killing him and sending him to the respawn menu, no thanks previously with the PIG it was easy to abuse it with other combinations as mentioned before in this thread, it was easily a win ticket if the group all went LTL weapons, take into consideration the Criminals doesn't have the ability to take enemy Enforcers out for twice the time this nerf all makes sense when you look at all the aspects of it, so anyone who doubts this nerf is not justified and doesn't have a real point here, because everything was looked at and thought thoroughly many times before going LIVE, remember everything has a reason to it, and to find the reasoning behind this nerf you need to dive deeper as i showed here, end of discussion all your whining has been debunked, i've just eaten your queen in a chess game.

I wish we could still Dislike posts, as if we are superior to Reddit when even they have the downvote option how are we different ?, i wonder how many dislikes from sane people we had on the OP here.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Considering stunning and arresting a player will take him out of the mission for twice the time it is for just killing him and sending him to the respawn menu, no thanks previously with the PIG it was easy to abuse it with other combinations as mentioned before in this thread, it was easily a win ticket if the group all went LTL weapons, take into consideration the Criminals doesn't have the ability to take enemy Enforcers out for twice the time this nerf all makes sense when you look at all the aspects of it, so anyone who doubts this nerf is not justified and doesn't have a real point here, because everything was looked at and thought thoroughly many times before going LIVE, remember everything has a reason to it, and to find the reasoning behind this nerf you need to dive deeper as i showed here, end of discussion all your whining has been debunked, i've just eaten your queen in a chess game.

I wish we could still Dislike posts, as if we are superior to Reddit when even they have the downvote option how are we different ?, i wonder how many dislikes from sane people we had on the OP here.

Interesting. Very interesting..

What makes you so sure?

Who is leaking information to you from LO/SPCT?

1 hour ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

it was easily a win ticket if the group all went LTL weapons,

LOL. If that were the case every enforcer would have use it and groups with LTL would have had a 100% win ratio. Which is obviously not the case. 

Your arguments are ridiculous.

LTL was always underpowered and now its worse. The fact that it takes longer to respawn is a reward for the enforcers because they have to overcome higher TTK/TTS against lethal weapons. That was always the concept of LTL. And even G1 didn't change it because it was not a problem for 10 years. But suddenly PIG is supposed to be OP. What a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The PIG was a cheap gimmick which was easily abused and everyone knows it. What needs to happen now is the other LTL options need to be made viable.

The CCG needs more ammo and to remove that atrocious muzzle smoke which completely obscures what you’re shooting at, and the NL9 needs the same accuracy + fire rate as the Corsair.

Edit: although I think it would be fair to increase the reload speed of the PIG in its current state and increasing the range to 15 meters.

Edited by notHunky

The PIG nerf really is a kick to the stomach of the few LTL users, please revert it. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, Kempington said:

Except that doesn't solve anything at all. You just make percs less effective, so what? You'd have to basically remove the stamina damage from percs if you wanted to keep the PIG the same as it was.

That doesn't solve the problem.

Another one of the big issues with the PIG was the fact that any primary weapon could setup the PIG for a stun in one shot. Pair that up with cover, corners, getting the drop on someone and they would have absolutely no time to react or respond to you doing what you're doing.

I'm not trying to downplay the annoyance and prevelance of PIG + Perc, but that wasn't the ONLY thing that made the PIG ridiculous. That's just the most common because it requires practically no skill or input from the player to succeed. A gimmick, as it were.

A pretty notorious combo for this was the ISSR-B + PIG combo. Tap them once with the ISSR-B and immediately stun them with the PIG. It really wasn't hard to do. Plus, you had a primary weapon that could easily play up to 85m, so you weren't exactly limited in range.

This change has significantly reduced the effectiveness of tapping with a primary and stunning with the PIG, as well as reducing the effectiveness of PIG + Perc. You can still PIG + Perc, but you actually have to hit them with the perc, not just throw it remotely close to them.

I dont want to talk a lot about it, I guess now we are the point fellas are just repaiting themself.... and sincerly I dont want you, @Kempington,  have to answer me to all the cost.

But the question I am making now, since  when words such as annoyance, frustation, "can be oppressive" may be synonymous of unbalanced or Overpowered?

I dont know what to tell, for years and until some weeks ago nobody, for nobody I mean someone with a decent knowledge of APB and tried both factions for several weeks noobs/ new players are out of the circle, nobody claimed the pig was so unbalanced or Overpowered, 

I find your example about the "notorious combo" kinda dump...

-ISSR-B has a long range but it doesnt excatly shine until 70m comparing with weapons more versatile or CQC specialized such as N-tec, OCA, Pmg, Obeya etc

-Pig is limited for the short range and 1 bullet per mag

- PIG's quickswitching with bullet fired (T=almost 2 s ??)+ perc ( T= 1s??) / or ISSR-B's  quickswitching with bullet fired(T= plenty 2 seconds if we count the markmanship mode???)...  no need to tell something is still SLOW  compared with the TTK of a secondary/ primary.

ah yep, we have not to forget the arrest time, you may get killed meanwhile during the arrest or moving towards from its opponent teamate?, stun ALONE doesnt count as arrest or kill

except you ambush or your opponent has really dump accuracy/ has crap connection (or unlucky), big timed is your loss.

Please @Kempingtonor anybody, probabily I am wrong with something above, but please SHOW ME A VIDEO or anything were with PIG+ ISSR-B/ dog ear etc for half hour or making 3/4 different missions you make at least 20+ between kills/ arrests, always or almost consecutively before the nerf.

Put an end to this discussion if you can... Can you do it?

For now sorry but no sorry but in my weak opinion you wrote rubbish (as  some others above) and seem you cant, otherwise for logic u have already posted it.

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

at least 20+ between kills/ arrests, always or almost consecutively before the nerf.

not only is this "challenge" after the nerf so it cant be attempted now, but since when does a weapon require 20 kills per match to be op?

The issue here wasnt the pig, its the percs. Percs have always been a hard crutch that is essentially 30 free damage and the stamina drop. Pig/perc switching isnt the only switching that goes on with percs its swapped with everything cause its that big of a crutch (Nfas/perc anyone?) Percs need a nerf so they arent as big of a crutch, either add a 1 sec fuse or cut the damage and stamina damage down.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 404 said:

not only is this "challenge" after the nerf so it cant be attempted now, but since when does a weapon require 20 kills per match to be op?

I remember writing "at least 20+ between kills/ arrests".

53 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

at least 20+ between kills/ arrests

Yep, seem so.

That "challenge after nerf" as you called, it's not my fault or (supposing 🤣) kempinton too  if actually it's not possible to be tested right now, but I may guess if he come to this conclusion it may be for some personal experience.

I tried me too that combination in past, but except it was "fun" ( or "oppressive?" for some opponent tryhard), I cant tell it wasnt excatly solid/ all around.

Anyway, you arent wrong at all, I have just wrote two numbers there , I am ok too if if I see a video  where it's showed some mission where you play in attack/ defence,  open/ closed field  and I see total complete domination both in close range or long range against (hoping decent? ) opponents.

Edited by PingOVER9000

25 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The issue here wasnt the pig, its the percs. Percs have always been a hard crutch that is essentially 30 free damage and the stamina drop. Pig/perc switching isnt the only switching that goes on with percs its swapped with everything cause its that big of a crutch (Nfas/perc anyone?) Percs need a nerf so they arent as big of a crutch, either add a 1 sec fuse or cut the damage and stamina damage down.

Perc are annoy, they arent OP.

Anyway the idea of adding 1 sec fuse (or little more or little little less?) ... not bad I like it, worth a try, FEEDBACK this..,

easy peasy test it squeze...- make in live- revert changes and problem solved?...

4 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Perc are annoy, they arent OP.

Anyway the idea of adding 1 sec fuse (or little more or little little less?) ... not bad I like it, worth a try, FEEDBACK this..,

easy peasy test it squeze...- make in live- revert changes and problem solved?...

They are OP (and annoy). 300 free damage so just throw a perc and you can easily make up any recent nerfs to weapons. Nfas requiring one more shot to kill? Perc it. HVR 820 damage + perc 300 damage, makes HVR viable at close range. Rockets? shoot and spam. In its current state percs are free damage for anything and everything and require no skill, why do you think they are so heavily used and hated?

13 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

why do you think they are so heavily used and hated?

percs arent heavily used outside of bronze district, meta is currently split pretty even between frags and concs lol

Oh No you have too actually use a bit more skill say it is not so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 404 said:

percs arent heavily used outside of bronze district, meta is currently split pretty even between frags and concs lol

There used heavily in FC, which is outside bronzie dist and heavily populated by vets

37 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There used heavily in FC, which is outside bronzie dist and heavily populated by vets

the last time i was in fc it was frag spam to the point i was legitimately annoyed

32 minutes ago, 404 said:

the last time i was in fc it was frag spam to the point i was legitimately annoyed

Its shifted towards percs now cuz ya know, crutch.

6 hours ago, ArtDeco said:

Does that mean the Pig + Perc has been nerfed?

Great!

That's another problem, it wasn't nerfed at all. It is still easy and cheap to do

They confessed they wanted to keep the strategy of perc+PIG remain the same "This should preserver the strategy..."

They should've nerfed percs rather than the PIG. That would've actually changed everything

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Is there a death cam for being arrested like there is dying?

How many times have you been instantly resurrected after dying?

Because a stunned and arrested player can be released and is back in the game.  A killed opponent is always going to go through the death cam, wait to respawn, then run back to the point.

The argument that "an arrested player is taken out of the game twice as long" is a weak considering the fact that an arrested opponent can easily be freed by a team mate bringing them instantly back into the action.

Plus you are ignoring all the limitations of using ltl weapons vs lethal weapons. 

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

The stun and the time youre in cuffs should be lowered by 50%

Merged.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, lilpiggy said:

Please revert it.

Aww how sad that you actually have to work for it now instead of taking easy arrests