RCooper

Pig is now useless

9 hours ago, claude said:

idk, I feel like the only one that needs love is the TG8. NL9 is underrated, if only people used it more.

nerfing the pigs damage just destroys lethal/pig quickswitching. now the fastest way to stun is to pig/perc, period. i dont think landing a perc is really difficult or risky at all, aim it at their feet and as long as they're within 3m of the impact, the perc will stun.

yeah

But then again, this bounces to what i was saying, LTLs in general needed a buff. It would be an ok change if everything else was cool.

The gun was originally designed to be an effective 10 meter range double tap stun.

Then when G1 took over they decreased lethal TTK and increased non lethal TTS.

Basically G1 gutted LTL and LO is continuing to make it useless.  The PIG has been useless against lethal since G1 nerfed it.  You had to be A LOT better than your opponents to use it effectively even with 1 shot doing 90% of a persons stamina.

I maxed out my cop role long long time ago so I no longer care about how effective LTL is versus lethal, but at least I put in the work and realize how broken and useless LTL has been since G1.

Fair enough,
i'd be cool to try the old pig with two rounds.

Edited by Bellenettiel
i still don't know how to multiquote
  • Thanks 1

So glad I finished coprank 15 years ago, ltl is proper crap now.

• Like 3

i used pig with shotgun only and it was pretty nasty, if im using stabba ccg rather use a nano. i feel like the most annoying aspect of the pig was when players would quick switch with it, not really perc + pig.

Edited by Motorola

The whole LTL set should be given a serious look. It simply isn't competitive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@404 TG-8 is good enough the only lack of thing to make it overpower is distance of 35m at 36m there is no stun dmg
well im not sure about scout + pig now ... hmmm

Boo Hoo, they nerfed my go to secondary so i have to whine on the forums, grow up, everything has a reason to it.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Boo Hoo, they nerfed my go to secondary so i have to whine on the forums, grow up, everything has a reason to it.

apparently discussing a nonsensical nerf on a forum where nonsensical nerfs are typically talked about is something you don't like to see

so, why are you here lmfao

The PIG on its own wasn't a huge deal. The problem was how well it performed switching to and from it.

With no other reasonable change viable, the stun damage reduction allows the pig to be a great finisher and game changer, but requires more skill and initial effort in order to set it up.

You can still PIG + perc, but the perc can't just clip the target. It has to do full damage to stun, practically.

Edited by Kempington
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, claude said:

apparently discussing a nonsensical nerf on a forum where nonsensical nerfs are typically talked about is something you don't like to see

so, why are you here lmfao

LMFAO everything makes sense, and those nerfs was looked at by people with thousands and thousands of gameplay hours as everything has purpose to it LMFAO

2 minutes ago, Kempington said:

The PIG on its own wasn't a huge deal. The problem was how well it performed switching to and from it.

With no other reasonable change viable, the stun damage reduction allows the pig to be a great finisher and game changer, but requires more skill and initial effort in order to set it up.

You can still PIG + perc, but the perc can't just clip the target. It has to do full damage to stun, practically.

That is a big claim. Kindly elaborate as to why reducing stamina damage on Percussion Grenades is not viable.

Will the CCG get a buff down the line with the upcoming Weapon Balance changes? If yes, please let us all rest easy. If not, kindly elaborate as to how the PIG can still be a game changer when skillfully paired with the CCG.

• Like 1

Just now, ReaperTheButcher said:

LMFAO everything makes sense, and those nerfs was looked at by people with thousands and thousands of gameplay hours as everything has purpose to it LMFAO

games a decade old, a lot of people who are bronze have thousands of hours in the game.

people hated pig/perc combo, it's one of the fastest ways to stun someone in the game, so what do they do? they nerf the pig so that it combos even worse with the other LTL weapons, while the same pig/perc combo that everyone hates is still in the game.

idk how closed-minded you'd have to be to disregard questionable balance changes just because "they did it for a reason." remember the ir3 changes? remember the shredder minttking you from 50 meters? how about that one time they rolled out an oca nerf but completely forgot about the whisper for months?

6 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

That is a big claim. Kindly elaborate as to why reducing stamina damage on Percussion Grenades is not viable.

funny thing is, they could just butcher the percs stam damage and touch up the CCG and keep this pig change in the game, and it would work out fine

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, claude said:

funny thing is, they could just butcher the percs stam damage and touch up the CCG and keep this pig change in the game, and it would work out fine

Very true, they are thinking things would get balanced with minimal-changes. No balance works without counter-balances placed nearby

• Like 2

Silvers stop arguing already and put some effort while shooting/fighting. Please

Edited by wHisHi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoriaDunne said:

It was really OP to do 1 hit + Pig to stun. Get over it.

Yet cj3 OCA/Euryale is fine? At least LTL+PIG required skill and effort yet still falls short to these.

Might wanna actually play the game with something respectable before trying to state concluding remarks.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Yet cj3 OCA/Euryale is fine? At least LTL+PIG required skill and effort yet still falls short to these.

Might wanna actually play the game with something respectable before trying to state concluding remarks.

pig/perc or a shot from a ccg and then pig is "respectable" ? give me and all the sane players here a break.. its even worse than quickswitching..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ReaperTheButcher said:

pig/perc or a shot from a ccg and then pig is "respectable" ? give me and all the sane players here a break.. its even worse than quickswitching..

It very much is, considering stock-PMG is faster & more braindead, let alone a modified one.

And now OCA triumphs over both with its buff.

I am sorry, but being ignorant to stats doesn't put you in the "sane" group.

• Like 2

I agree. It's pretty much useless now. Turned from a high risk - high reward weapon into a high risk weapon.

What's the point of having a secondary with max 10m range and a TTS 2.25s? That is more than twice the TTS of the TG-8 plus the range limit. And when you miss 1 shot with it the TTS is at 4.5s. That makes absolutely no sense.

The only combination the PIG now works with is the Stabba. Since it is half useful at close range, but it works much worse than before because of the increased TTS. It makes no sense with the NL9 or the O-PGL 79 CD.

The PIG nerf was a nerf for the whole LTL arsenal which was totally not needed. If you want to balance the weapons including LTL you need to buff the rest of the LTL  since they are all under powered.

The Nano is now a better LTL option than the PIG which is just stupid.

Please revert the PIG nerf and reduce the stamina damage or stamina damage blast radius for the Percussion Grenades instead. It will accomplish the same goal but leaves LTL intact or at least the way it was.

3 hours ago, Kempington said:

Removing the stamina damage or stamina damage blast range from the Percs would have done the same without nerfing LTL.

• Thanks 1

right before the nerf i mained CSG + Pig on my enf and alot of people disliked it.... it was literally like hvr quick switching only with an added 60 second respawn timer. 

thank god the pig was nerfed 

12 minutes ago, Motorola said:

right before the nerf i mained CSG + Pig on my enf and alot of people disliked it.... it was literally like hvr quick switching only with an added 60 second respawn timer. 

Very much agreed, i glad someone was sane enough to nerf this pig, and of course its natural someone who mained it as a secondary will cry here on the forums so dont take it too seriously the most important thing is that most of the community is happy.

16 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

the most important thing is that most of the community is happy.

[citation needed]

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Motorola said:

except the pig is hardcapped at 10m, the CSG is good up to 20/25m

quickswitching to pig with shotgun is pointless when you can just do it with a dog ear, or any other gun with long range capabilities and high enough stam damage to make the combo work.

so they pretty much just nerfed quickswitching to the pig as a whole, while pig percing (the reason why they're even nerfing the pig at all) is still cringe.

• Like 1

Stamina damage isn't healed by medspray right? also clotting 3 doesn't effect stamina.

Still think the perc was the problem not the 1 shot per mag PIG.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, claude said:

, while pig percing (the reason why they're even nerfing the pig at all) is still cringe.

who said thats the reason they nerfed it?

5 minutes ago, Motorola said:

who said thats the reason they nerfed it?

The combination of Percussion Grenades and the PIG can be oppressive. By lowering the stamina damage of the PIG from 950 to 675, we are forcing users to hit their percussion grenade more accurately and follow up the throw with a shot from the PIG faster. This should preserver the strategy but make the combination require more skill to pull off.

straight from the news post man lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1