Sign in to follow this  
killersan6

Is it worth to return now?

So, what do u think? I did not play for about 3 years, and since we get a new publisher i start thinking about returning back to San Paro streets. So, is it worth it?
And by the way, are there still peoples who kicking out Russian players from missions?

Kicks can't be abused anymore, so you don't have to worry about people kicking Russians out. Also Russians have their own server now - Nekrova.

We have BattlEye for new anticheat now.

Only downside at the moment are the consistent ddos attacks on the servers, but they're working on getting this issue sorted out.

I would say not yet, until they get the packet loss sorted out and battleye actually starts banning people. It is looking VERY promising though, I had lots of fun playing again, even more that the population is slowly going up

Edited by gogol

It all depends. Have you enjoyed the game in the past? Cause it hasn't changed much other than the fact that there are significantly less cheaters. I came back and have been enjoying the hell out of the game, despite having to play without premium for the first time in forever...but I have the luxury of an array of account-permanent weapons so returning has been easy. It all depends on your situation, cause if you come back without much, you may not enjoy your time back as much as coming back with a selection of weaponry.

Wait another Month. there is nothing new so far. (only battleye). No new content so far...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weissraider said:

Wait another Month. there is nothing new so far. (only battleye). No new content so far...

Well you aren't right but if you think what they done is "nothing" you are free to think that.

In add if you won't be wrong in the future you should read more in general things they write like Open Letters and all updates made by Matt Scott.

(Its just a suggestion).

Edited by Guest

Absolutely, now is a good time to come back if you love the game, fewer cheaters with BE implemented and all around supporting the game in any way (even just playing it because you love it) is going to go a long way.

I'm watching how things are going for now, and i'm keeping my game updated.

I'm still waiting for the content stuff to happen, EU, Armas Repricing or whatever.

Watching the news here on forums keeps me more entertained than actually playing the game.

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 2

Yes. The gloomy shadows of old G1 and Tiggs don't block the sun in San Paro anymore. There's no new content as of yet but it's time to come back to get some skills back

1 hour ago, killersan6 said:

So, what do u think? I did not play for about 3 years, and since we get a new publisher i start thinking about returning back to San Paro streets. So, is it worth it?
And by the way, are there still peoples who kicking out Russian players from missions?

Yes it's totally worth it, best I've seen the game in a long time.  As for kicks, not so much because someone is Russian, but teams do get frustrated at players who don't try and help in the mission.  If you're doing your part you'll prolly get a clan invite.

If you liked APB before, come on back, nothing has changed.

If you didn't, then wait.

Nothing changed, just new company that looks so far that they are doing their best to fix the game.

Servers kicking to 10packetloss lately tho

Wait a month....no.

Play today and hon those skills.

Servers aren't DDOSd. Nice full bodied population equals diverse opposition. 

Better today to find out your still in love with her rather than wait a month to find out the same thing.

Me and my friends are having an absolute blast. Hacking seems like a super fringe problem and is by and large nonexistent in a lot of the matches I've played, the main problem is the matchmaking currently and dethreater abuse making the game as newbie unfriendly as ever. Just another one of those things that I hope are resolved soon, but by and large LO have done a great job revitalising the game.

Edited by Songbearer
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, killersan6 said:

No bullshoot? Yes. Yesterday was the first time I played since July 2015 and aside from one small instance of the game having a stutter from a bunch of OPGL and perc detonations, it was smooth.

This was on Jerchoke btw.

7 hours ago, Sadira said:

Kicks can't be abused anymore, so you don't have to worry about people kicking Russians out.

There are still creative ways how to get advice friends and pesky russkies out of your mission.

Edited by Luminesca

Nahh Give Orbit like 1.5 years to make it whole again. I got excited when i heard its kinda being revived by a 3rd company. But alot still needs to be done and probably won't be done. Soo its a matter of waiting. id give it 1.5 years and see what happens

• Like 1

They need a quicker turnaround on this engine than 1.5 years. It'll be even less relevant by 2020. 

13 hours ago, killersan6 said:

Worth it to return? Probably not. This game attracts a certain kind of owner, which in turn generates a certain kind of environment which filters down to the players. They of course, maintain negative self awareness and externalize all their problems.

I eagerly await witchhunt-fight 2.0 and the obnoxious ego wars this glorious dumpster fire always was.

Stay away bro.

Kicks are no longer possible without demerits. Its been that way for years.

Not really.. 

There hasn't been any changes yet. Banned cheaters got unbanned, but it seems like we have the same amount as we've always had.

Battleeye has been implemented, but they aren't banning anyone until they have a better idea on how to use it... which... I thought they were doing before it was implemented.

No new content. Servers are terrible. APB is fun, yet frustrating... So we'll see in the next couple months.

After some thought I really should retract my "Yes" and replace it with a "probably not". Nothing has really changed with the game. Every reason that anyone left is still there. If you are not addicted to it then No don't pick it up till there is some real changes.

Sign in to follow this