Salvick

Downvote? People likes to complain. Others likes to discredit. 👎

Since they removed the downvote reaction is that I'm opening this topic. But no, this is not to complain about it, this is to stand in favor of this besides how much I dislike this change, lol..."dislike"...the irony... so here we go.

The thing is that if anyone around these forums dared to post some negative thoughts about the game, any critics, constructive or destructive ones, unpopular opinions, etc. they used to be discredited by a troop of downvoters that seems to be always there if we take into account that on a thousands registered members forums, with hundreds of active people reading, a couple of active players sticking around and only a bunch that are consistently posting and lurking around it is not hard to tell where that dozen of downvotes could come from if there isn't that much people actively posting here besides them.

Now the people concerned about LO trying to "remove negativity", it might looks like that, sure, but; Wasn't this what they've been doing already for a while? You can tell there aren't as many negative topics now as these forums used to have, and we've even seen a couple few complaining about their topics removed too. But the thing is that if any of you identifies yourself with these who complain, either because you support their personality or character or because there are some objective views brought up by them, or you simply are one of these who complain indeed, then now you can complain freely without getting intimidated by the negativity of a storm of downvotes in your thread or posts.

Some times some people likes to complain, and as much as a company or its staff could encourage their members to take part on any discussion to let them bring their opinions, the pressure that other members of a community could put into any person trying to express their individual opinions makes a place like this useless if they will be chased down and punished in front of everyone for doing so.

Now you can create your threads on any topic you feel it worth and no one will ever stop you by brainlessly and anonymously disliking your post but instead they'll have to show up and troll your thread with their memes, off-topic chattery between said trolls or objectively stand their opinion and positive or negative interactions will happen transparently.

It is like this thread, look what I did... And where's your dislike button now b**ch? 😸
You can thank me clicking that thanks button, thanks.

Edited by Salvick
Title edit.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"It is like this thread, look what I did... And where's your dislike button now b**ch?
You can thank me clicking that thanks button, thanks."

There you go my dislike, d*ckh*ad.

flat-design-dislike-button-8c4.png

And no, i won't thank you. 🙂

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Salvick said:

Now you can create your threads on any topic you feel it worth and no one will ever stop you by brainlessly and anonymously disliking your post...

How so? By the crushing weight of their impropriety? Zzz.

This thread is doodoo.

42 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

the new dislike button is the purple trophy

No! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

No one stopped anyone from creating dumb threads with their opinions thrown in through the whole rant.

People take issue mostly because if you remove the downvote, you might as well remove the upvote too.

Makes no sense to have one and not the other. Instead it just looks like LO trying to be G1 and remove any sight of negativitiy from the forums. 

This isn't the first time this forum has had the negative button removed, and I'm sure it wont be the last.

• Like 5

downvoting only stopped weakminded people from posting stuff that most would disagree with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Alani said:

People take issue mostly because if you remove the downvote, you might as well remove the upvote too.

Makes no sense to have one and not the other. Instead it just looks like LO trying to be G1 and remove any sight of negativitiy from the forums. 

it makes complete sense. if someone agrees with me, I dont need or want them to reply to me "yooo brooo! thats sooo basedd!! i agree!!!" they can express that through a like reaction.

if someone disagrees with me, i wanna know y. i dont want some smooth-brained low iq bronze goblin to be able to leave a dislike on my post cus i told him that "bigjeeplover94" isn't a cheater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, claude said:

it makes complete sense. if someone agrees with me, I dont need or want them to reply to me "yooo brooo! thats sooo basedd!! i agree!!!" they can express that through a like reaction.

if someone disagrees with me, i wanna know y. i dont want some smooth-brained low iq bronze goblin to be able to leave a dislike on my post cus i told him that "bigjeeplover94" isn't a cheater.

I don't want to say that your opinion is bullshoot, but I do not agree with it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

I don't want to say that your opinion is bullshoot, but I do not agree with it.

i dont agree with your disagreement of my opinion

• Thanks 1

forums are places where arguments, opinions, ideas or media related to whatever the forum is about are shared. arguments are there so that you can either agree or disagree until an ideal way, path or solution is found. an argument without any disagreement is not an argument but a statement. censoring the negative side of an argument has always meant that things aren't going well. 

the fact that LO has disabled downvoting means the end is officially nigh.

time to stop investing ladies and gentlemen.

LmLuxAY.png

Edited by PoshDoll
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is cool, I made this post as cringy as I could while trying to still keep it objective. Since we have less reactions to add to any posts is that I wanted to see some reactions to this here.

8 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Is cool, I made this post as cringy as I could while trying to still keep it objective. Since we have less reactions to add to any posts is that I wanted to see some reactions to this here.

sure we can all pretend you were just playing 4d chess bro, no sweat

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:25 AM, claude said:

You wont get that.

You will get people going 'no your opinion is stupid and you should stop spouting stupid crap'

Thus creating more toxicity. Removing negative reaction is literally just a piss poor attempt to make the forums appear less salty and toxic. Instead its just going to make it more toxic.

Again. If you were even somewhat aware of what the forums were like 3 years ago, you would probably rather have negative reactions than having 900 people quoting you to tell you 'haha you're a fucking idiot'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alani said:

You wont get that.

You will get people going 'no your opinion is stupid and you should stop spouting stupid crap'

Thus creating more toxicity. Removing negative reaction is literally just a piss poor attempt to make the forums appear less salty and toxic. Instead its just going to make it more toxic.

Again. If you were even somewhat aware of what the forums were like 3 years ago, you would probably rather have negative reactions than having 900 people quoting you to tell you 'haha you're a fucking idiot'

if someone is gonna flame me but not prove me wrong, idc, flame away, they're wrong and they're mad lmao

not like it matters anyway, toxicity is moderated now. if you disagree with someone, you have to do so somewhat civilly.

I could simply say hello and a few people who would stalk my posts would down vote it and any other post I've ever made.

I kinda got used to it and now I  wont know if I'm trolling them by kindness and not trolling them lol

• Like 1

Typical leftie way of thinking: if we ignore it, maybe it will go away.

You won't reduce negativity if you take away dislikes, you'll make it go extreme, morons.

You will now gotta do with tons of "toxic" messages like this one and silence all the bad bullying baddies manually.

But that's something to be expected of a company supporting far-left extremists.

Feel free to delete my opinion, like you always do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gro said:

You won't reduce negativity if you take away dislikes, you'll make it go extreme, morons.

You will now gotta do with tons of "toxic" messages like this one and silence all the bad bullying baddies manually.

But that's something to be expected of a company supporting far-left extremists.

Very true.

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I could simply say hello and a few people who would stalk my posts would down vote it and any other post I've ever made.

I kinda got used to it and now I  wont know if I'm trolling them by kindness and not trolling them lol

Lol you think people stalk your posts?

Nice ego, bro. 

5 hours ago, Gro said:

a company supporting far-left extremists

Hahahahaha, what?

You wanna know why it's been removed?

It's not actually "removing negativity".

It's forcing people to actually say something instead of flat out anonymously downvoting and running away like a chicken.

And it actually worked on you.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gro said:

And I thought I was going to do a great job posting an uncomfortable and barely understandable message...?

Are you okay bud? ...must be trolling I bet. lol

On 9/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, CookiePuss said:

Lol you think people stalk your posts?

Nice ego, bro. 

there's 3 people who would go through posts from 2 years ago to now and down vote them when they were completely buried so yeah im sure

😄 did you forget some people get salty with me if i say not everyone cheats and that they need more than 10 frames a second to be able to tell easier etc etc ? (its been a while i dont expect you to remember back then its ok )

On 9/19/2020 at 2:24 AM, Gro said:

a company supporting far-left extremists.

On 9/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, CookiePuss said:

Hahahahaha, what?

+1 ....what ???

18 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

😄 did you forget some people get salty with me

I dont even know who you are.