Omega101

We need a mod for crims restored.

The is a mod that  is not available that need to be added. I do not remember the name but the mod is for criminals and what it does is prevent the player from being stunned.

There is a real problem with the enforcers having a group of 4 players all welding stun grenades, O-PGL (stun) and ltl weapons.   The issue is that have an AOE stun that has no balance or counter.  

So the Enfs spam the area stunning everyone from a distance the run in and arrest everyone without a counter.

from  2010 to 2015 the crims would give up a mod slot to prevent being stunned.  Again they were giving up a mod spot, which was already a disadvantage, in order to be able to counter LTL weapons.

This needs to be restored so that the Enfs need to actually use a strategic plan that is not, Lets jut spam the area with LTL gernades.

• Like 1

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

52 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

from  2010 to 2015 the crims would give up a mod slot to prevent being stunned. 

energizer was removed before g1's release already, in like 2010

RTW ran the game for the first few years, G1st did not buy it until later.  Actually let me look it up,   My  memories get foggy not just because  that was 20 years ago but I was talking to an old RTWCB  about how something worked and he reminded me that the fight between us  happens during the open beta. 

But if it was called  energizer then that need to be put back into the game.   LTL squads have always been ugly but lately it seem that every third squad the entire team has O-PGLs 

8 hours ago, Omega101 said:

RTW ran the game for the first few years, G1st did not buy it until later.  Actually let me look it up,   My  memories get foggy not just because  that was 20 years ago but I was talking to an old RTWCB  about how something worked and he reminded me that the fight between us  happens during the open beta.

https://www.apb.com/history.html

As a primarily Enf, I can tell you stuns are NOT that great... it usually takes me a few hrs of getting brutally screwed over in order for me 2 get that 1 arrest in for a daily...

Now squad's is all about cold hard CASH grab.

Nothing more nothing less.... sense by the current style of rules on earning money,  that's the only counter we have to a crims NON-MISSION earnings. Muggings, / ram-raids... 

By this thread your asking LO 2 take the somewhat lopsided cash effect out of the game..... 

Merged.

21 hours ago, Omega101 said:

This needs to be restored so that the Enfs need to actually use a strategic plan that is not, Lets jut spam the area with LTL gernades.

Sad thing is your asking for Enforcement Characters to NOT do what the Criminal characters do... 

Group up in a pack (4) turn gold and use a crap load of explosive weapons. I've played against groups of criminals that do the exact same thing but without the stun effect.

Group up in 4 spam the opgl and rocket launchers,  so what your asking is that 1 fraction gets nerfed on the same equipment but not the other.

No balance at all....

You just caused another set of players 2 quit the game if this gets enforced. 

Im gonna reveal a huge secret, shh...
As enf main i can confirm that people use Non-Leather weapons with only one reason...a way to detheat and avoid bans for it. THATS IT.  Try to play with stabba, 7 of 10 of the times you will get immediate DM about " Stop trolling, take a real weapon ".

Another person that doesn't realise how hard it actually is to pull off a stun/arrest, Which isnt even considering 9/10 times there's someone camping the stun when you go to arrest A shotgun can kill 8 people if they are all tagged even slightly (jg/strife) Most of the stun weapons you use are focused entirely on stunning 1 person Even the  "STUN OPGL" has a weakness Flack Jacket JG still 2 shots someone with kevlar 3. 

in short, no i don't agree there needs to be a faction specific mod to make crims better.

Where are you getting those dates from?  Not anywhere even close to being right.  RTW ran the game for the first two months and then went bankrupt and sold APB to G1.  Energizer was already removed in 2010, not 2015.  Everyone has it on by default, and it no longer takes a mod slot.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, Omega101 said:

that was 20 years ago

I think your perception of time is broken.  Do you know what year it is right now?

On 9/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, Omega101 said:

The is a mod that  is not available that need to be added. I do not remember the name but the mod is for criminals and what it does is prevent the player from being stunned.

There is a real problem with the enforcers having a group of 4 players all welding stun grenades, O-PGL (stun) and ltl weapons.   The issue is that have an AOE stun that has no balance or counter.  

So the Enfs spam the area stunning everyone from a distance the run in and arrest everyone without a counter.

from  2010 to 2015 the crims would give up a mod slot to prevent being stunned.  Again they were giving up a mod spot, which was already a disadvantage, in order to be able to counter LTL weapons.

this would be a great addition! Alternatively the mod could be leveled like:

Level 1: 10% easier to stun, get out of stunned state 20% faster

level 2: 15% easier to stun, get out of stunned state 35% faster

level 3: 20% easier to stun, get out of stunned state 45% faster

This is just an example, im sure someone else could make this more balanced than I (cause this idea kinda makes the mod sound niche)

But hey if theres a mod that allows people to be just about immune to getting killed by cars why not also have one for stuns?

On 9/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, Zolerox said:

Another person that doesn't realise how hard it actually is to pull off a stun/arrest, Which isnt even considering 9/10 times there's someone camping the stun when you go to arrest A shotgun can kill 8 people if they are all tagged even slightly (jg/strife) Most of the stun weapons you use are focused entirely on stunning 1 person Even the  "STUN OPGL" has a weakness Flack Jacket JG still 2 shots someone with kevlar 3. 

in short, no i don't agree there needs to be a faction specific mod to make crims better.

Oh I do understand how hard it is for a normal, single ENF to stun and arrest a crim.  I have 6 maxed accounts with 14 maxed Enfs that have maxed or to the OPGL unlocked.  I am not talking about a normal player that would be the only LTL in the group.  The problem is the groups of LTL rerolls that are moving in packs. These players  are sub R80 which means they are not leveling anything but LTL and are pledged to the same maxed contact so they do not lvl. 

The also never miss and use triggerbots and handswapfirebots. The result is there is no active counter. Well there is a deactivated coded counter.

ah Cryul,  no LTL is not, and never was,  the balance for what you speak, witnessing is. 

8 hours ago, Omega101 said:

Oh I do understand how hard it is for a normal, single ENF to stun and arrest a crim.  I have 6 maxed accounts with 14 maxed Enfs that have maxed or to the OPGL unlocked.  I am not talking about a normal player that would be the only LTL in the group.  The problem is the groups of LTL rerolls that are moving in packs. These players  are sub R80 which means they are not leveling anything but LTL and are pledged to the same maxed contact so they do not lvl. 

The also never miss and use triggerbots and handswapfirebots. The result is there is no active counter. Well there is a deactivated coded counter.

ah Cryul,  no LTL is not, and never was,  the balance for what you speak, witnessing is. 

Name a group of any weapon that wont "be a issue"

group of ocas wont lose to a group of CCG's

And the counter to stun launcher/nades is flack jacket "explosion reduction" includes explosion based stun weapons.

kevlar 3 count stun weapons? not sure gotta test that myself later.

On 9/29/2020 at 6:42 AM, R3ACT3M said:

this would be a great addition! Alternatively the mod could be leveled like:

Level 1: 10% easier to stun, get out of stunned state 20% faster

level 2: 15% easier to stun, get out of stunned state 35% faster

level 3: 20% easier to stun, get out of stunned state 45% faster

This is just an example, im sure someone else could make this more balanced than I (cause this idea kinda makes the mod sound niche)

But hey if theres a mod that allows people to be just about immune to getting killed by cars why not also have one for stuns?

Lowkey As an enforcer I like that idea, Anything that makes stunning/arresting more interesting is aight by me.

The whole "crims need LTL" is a no no, but a "bleed effect" intrests me slightly What if crims had a 1 slug sniper that can stop you from healing for 6 seconds (or something) The counter to stun isn't to make someone else also stun it's to attack a different area.

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1