SmilyFace

Merged thread - Removal of several reactions

Fun while it lasted.

Now that you cannot down vote my post I would just like to tell you all that you are all equally worthless on the internet.

-The End

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nabiki said:

Fun while it lasted.

Now that you cannot down vote my post I would just like to tell you all that you are all equally worthless on the internet.

-The End

We all do, in the entire planet. 🙂

What's our objective?

Did you ever thought about that?

But, is off-topic.

i can no longer downvote garbage opinions like the hvr should be a 1 shot kill. sad.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, Sakebee said:

This is a change we have been looking at for a while. I did an audit and the downvote system didn't have any instances where it improved community interactions. They contribute very little and yet are used as a vehicle for some people to promote conflict without providing anything useful. If someone disagrees with a post, they can use their words and let the OP know why. Having an explanation if someone disagrees rather than an anonymous downvote makes for a much healthier environment for everyone involved.

Unfortunately, I cannot downvote you now. Well played.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

Unfortunately, I cannot downvote you now. Well played.

Indeed, same.

Merged.

Why is this still here? Weren't reactions removed?

Just close it, as you don't need community opinions before changing something, why you would need them after.

That really makes no sense, at all.

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Just close it, as you don't need community opinions before changing something, why you would need them after.

Allowing people to discuss a change that's been made what a wasteful thing to do.

We get it, you're pissed, get over yourself ...

• Like 2

It takes care of making the forums much nicer and partly neutralizes the negative influence it has had generally speaking.

Now... to have a similar effect on the game itself...
hide threat (not rank) (gets rid of threat based districts) which gives matchmaking an easier time (utilizing the actual threat levels not visible to players) and makes dethreating sort of pointless.

Make all the things you get from doing the tutorial a part of the starter inventory and implement a new tutorial only (T) district (which you can skip at any time) with a new tutorial contact who verbally tells the new player step by step exactly what to do (go here, do this, do that, press this and that button etc) while doing new tutorial specific missions, instead of the spider web of text based tasks/info to jump between to unlock various things that the tutorial has today. Kick player out of T district based on completion. Move the current useful info from the current tutorial window to a help section in the menu which the player can go to if needed at any time.

So then we will get new players who are not thrown in dazed and confused against super superior opponents in the same way. They will understand how things work much better, which reduces frustration and confusion so maybe they'll stick around.

They will also not get kicked around by dethreaters in bronze districts or the other superior players like they are today when/if they decide to join higher threat districts to play with their friends etc.

Just makes a much nicer experience for new players, gives better new player retention (better income), better matchmaking quality, larger player pool per district etc etc.

Players should not have control of what threat group they will be up against like they have today. Arranged missions etc could be handled by letting pre-formed groups move to a district where that is a requirement, but still with hidden threat of course.

Edited by Cr0

16 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Allowing people to discuss a change that's been made what a wasteful thing to do.

We get it, you're pissed, get over yourself ...

You can't just remove negativity removing reactions, it doesn't work like that.

I don't know how you guys learned things or how you don't, but the thing is peoples are still going to be negative and assholes, even more now that they can't downvote maybe a bad topic, instead of talking and spreading hate before they could just put up some downvotes, or even the fun face.

If you think removing the reactions was a good idea, happy for you, but is not gonna make the peoples better and more respectful, just saying.

Im done with this bullsh*t.

Even mods do whatever they want lol, who asked to re-open my topic, who asked to have all in one, i don't.

You guys are out of your minds, really.

Calm down, take a tea, some milk, some biscuits, do something, relax, sleep.

14 hours ago, Cr0 said:

It takes care of making the forums much nicer and partly neutralizes the negative influence it has had generally speaking.

Now... to have a similar effect on the game itself...
hide threat (not rank) (gets rid of threat based districts) which gives matchmaking an easier time (utilizing the actual threat levels not visible to players) and makes dethreating sort of pointless.

Make all the things you get from doing the tutorial a part of the starter inventory and implement a new tutorial only (T) district (which you can skip at any time) with a new tutorial contact who verbally tells the new player step by step exactly what to do (go here, do this, do that, press this and that button etc) while doing new tutorial specific missions, instead of the spider web of text based tasks/info to jump between to unlock various things that the tutorial has today. Kick player out of T district based on completion. Move the current useful info from the current tutorial window to a help section in the menu which the player can go to if needed at any time.

So then we will get new players who are not thrown in dazed and confused against super superior opponents in the same way. They will understand how things work much better, which reduces frustration and confusion so maybe they'll stick around.

They will also not get kicked around by dethreaters in bronze districts or the other superior players like they are today when/if they decide to join higher threat districts to play with their friends etc.

Just makes a much nicer experience for new players, gives better new player retention (better income), better matchmaking quality, larger player pool per district etc etc.

Players should not have control of what threat group they will be up against like they have today. Arranged missions etc could be handled by letting pre-formed groups move to a district where that is a requirement, but still with hidden threat of course.

New players.

Just from 2 words i assume you don't know at all the state of this game.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:14 AM, AlishaAzure said:

New players.

Just from 2 words i assume you don't know at all the state of this game.

Then I assume you're unaware of the problem with getting new players to stay.

2 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Then I assume you're unaware of the problem with getting new players to stay.

New player retention will be next to impossible so long as you have vets dethreating just for ez wins and to feel good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

New player retention will be next to impossible so long as you have vets dethreating just for ez wins and to feel good.

Exactly.

I acknowledged this problem and how to solve it in my post.

I wonder if people actually read what I write or if I should just stop posting.

Edited by Cr0

5 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Exactly.

You should just stop posting all together. Swallow that pride and realize anything you will say or have said in the past is completely worthless to trolls on the internet. 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:38 PM, Cr0 said:

Exactly.

On 10/2/2020 at 2:22 AM, Nabiki said:

You should just stop posting all together. Swallow that pride and realize anything you will say or have said in the past is completely worthless to trolls on the internet. 

^ Pretty much this. This community is so full of toxicity its beyond saving. Everyone wants change yet when something changes they fuzzy bunny about it changing and want the same old way back that has failed for years. Nobody is willing to change for the better of this game and that will be the death of it.

24 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

^ Pretty much this. This community is so full of toxicity its beyond saving. Everyone wants change yet when something changes they fuzzy bunny about it changing and want the same old way back that has failed for years. Nobody is willing to change for the better of this game and that will be the death of it.

The "death" of the game is not because of some toxic individuals etc. It's because of advice and ideas that are not good enough because they don't see it from a wide enough point of view and are not able to get deep enough into the mindset of the wider audience experiencing the game, to estimate close enough what the decisions and actions will lead to. That is the core problem. This in itself is almost impossible to explain well enough.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:18 PM, Cr0 said:

The "death" of the game is not because of some toxic individuals etc. It's because of advice and ideas that are not good enough because they don't see it from a wide enough point of view and are not able to get deep enough into the mindset of the wider audience experiencing the game, to estimate close enough what the decisions and actions will lead to. That is the core problem. This in itself is almost impossible to explain well enough.

Its part of the problem. Toxicity always leads to problems and when most of the playstyle is off of this its not a very healthy one. And RIOT is a perfect example of both sides of the coin. And to anyone who says it was broken, theres a reason why season 0 was clearly called a test run. It was to see if everything worked much like the 2 test runs of the new engine.

18 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its part of the problem. Toxicity always leads to problems and when most of the playstyle is off of this its not a very healthy one. And RIOT is a perfect example of both sides of the coin. And to anyone who says it was broken, theres a reason why season 0 was clearly called a test run. It was to see if everything worked much like the 2 test runs of the new engine.

True. I wouldn't say the main issue about RIOT was if it was "broken" or not. I think that the idea of having a BR mode isn't bad at all, but that the way it was executed was overly elaborate, like too many ideas was pushed into it, most of which are cool ideas on paper but doesn't translate well into the final product which didn't bring the results they were probably after.

Edited by Cr0