Sakebee

Style Month Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 9/16/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

Our PC patch this week covers a number of important changes to the game. First, we are making clothing more accessible by fundamentally reimagining how bundles work and by bringing over 100 clothing items to the Joker Store. Second, we are beginning the process of balancing weapons in APB. Finally, third, we are making changes to Baylan missions based on community feedback. You can read all about these changes in the linked posts above!

With regards to our weapon changes, is important to stress that these are the first step towards establishing a baseline "Meta" that we can build from in the future. Accordingly, this patch may not address weapons that are unused or underpowered at the moment. That doesn't mean they are forgotten. We aim to give every weapon some ability to compete, but to do so we will need your informed feedback. Please spend some time playing with the guns before letting us know how these changes work for you!

PC CHANGES/FIXES

Clothing Changes

• Bundles now apply discounts based on owned items. You can read all about this change here.
  • Over 100 clothing items have been added to Ophelia in the Joker Store.
    • Known Issue - Certain clothing items purchased from the Joker Ticket store can be refurbished but are not able to be traded. The items being untradeable is working as intended. The ability to refurbish them is broken and will be fixed in a subsequent patch.
    • Known Issue - Attempting to purchase character bound clothing items with a full inventory will fail but will not produce an error message. This will be fixed in a subsequent patch.

Weapon Balance

• We applied a first balance pass to bring weapon types in-line with each other. You can read all about specific changes and their reasoning here.  
    • Like the OBIR, the FFA was also balanced. Specifics didn't make it in to the above blog post, so we are providing them to you here:
      • Bolt timer: false -> true (Nerf)
      • Reserve ammo: 240 -> 144 (Nerf)

Mission Balance

• One of the big takeaways from the community was that, while many of you preferred territory control, you also wanted Baylan missions to be shorter. We reduced the average Baylan mission length to about 10 minutes from 15 minutes by adjusting the amount of points required to win if one team is dominating.
  • We also reduced the time it takes to do certain objectives in the game. We have reduced these objectives from 30 seconds to between 15 to 20 depending on the objective.
  • We have adjusted most missions related to driving cars around. On average, these missions have been reduced from 10 minutes to 7 minutes.
  • All VIP missions have been changed to 23 lives for the attacker and 8 lives for the VIP.
  • Stages where attackers are defending objectives have had their time limits adjusted so that multiple objectives are taken into account.
  • We have made various adjustments to missions that were missed in previous patches.

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

There will be In-Game Previews for Every clothing item in the Joker Store?

If you need to buy those blind, this is would be a waste of JT's if someone didn't knew how a specific item was.

Same question but for bundles/outfits and vehicles alredy avaiable in there.

@Sakebee

4 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

If you need to buy those blind, this is would be a waste of JT's if someone didn't knew how a specific item was.

@Sakebee

yes

Edited by Boxo

2 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

@Sakebee

Yes, you are able to preview clothing items in the Joker Store. Also, while you can't yet preview all items in a bundle at the same time, we do support going through and looking at bundle items individually. 

• Like 1

Amazing patch overall. Only thing I don't really like is all the mobility nerfing recently (jumpshooting and accuracy when moving in marksman). This is a fast, arcade shooter so IMO mobility in gunfights shouldn't be punished much. IMO Jumpshooting was not op or problematic in any way since you lock yourself in a hyper easy to track and predict path against melty cqc guns so you didn't really gain any adventage in cqc fights using this move, just makes them more fun and less boring. For me being able to be very mobile in gunfights is what makes shooters fun (so for example IMO cs:go and valorant are extremely unfun shooters and quake or cod's with jetpacks are extremely fun) that's why for me decreasing mobility decreases the fun. But excluding the mobility nerfs the changes seem really good and can't wait to try them myself. 👍 If LO kept all the changes and just reverted all the mobility nerfs they did over the years, after this patch the game would probably be at it's most fun meta to date. But I'm just a filthy no brain pmg main so hold my opinion for whatever you want 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

The items being untradeable is working as intended.

this is kind of disappointing tbh, are there any plans to change this in the future?

genuine question: is LO about to fully convert into a "warframe like" business model?

without an itemshop (so no G1C anymore) and everything available ingame for either some grind, or buyable currency (JT) to skip grinding?
because we're already pretty close to that with the recent addition of weapons and now clothes obtainable through the joker store. also with buyable joker tickets for real cash.

I'd love for this to be the new standard!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Snubnose said:

genuine question: is LO about to fully convert into a "warframe like" business model?

without an itemshop (so no G1C anymore) and everything available ingame for either some grind, or buyable currency (JT) to skip grinding?
because we're already pretty close to that with the recent addition of weapons and now clothes obtainable through the joker store. also with buyable joker tickets for real cash.

I'd love for this to be the new standard!

That actually would be amazing. Pay for premium and JT only, I would love that.

Also amazing update, already waiting to buy last clothes I could’t obtain due to high price of clothing bundles.

The PIG and Perc issue?

There are people that do not use this combo and go full LTL, you just made LTL worse for them.

Furthermore now promoting the use of PIG+PERC when really all that needed to be done is modify PERCS.

Option B: Remove stamina damage from PERCS or delete PERCS instead.

Edited by ElectroStingz

Hey guys - I was just informed that we will be doing some background maintenance during this patch window in addition to the changes listed in the OP. The expected downtime will change from 4 hours to 6 hours accordingly. I have updated the OP to reflect these changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Hey guys - I was just informed that we will be doing some background maintenance during this patch window in addition to the changes listed in the OP. The expected downtime will change from 4 hours to 6 hours accordingly. I have updated the OP to reflect these changes.

Don't forget that some items that are currently in the jokerstoere don't have previews yet, hope those get retroactivly fixed as the new items make their way in.

2 hours ago, (Xbox)OutlinedKnave6 said:

When is console gonna get up to date like pc? 

Consoles already more up to date than PC... U are already running on new Engine 

More clothing is good, but can we get some extra clothing options to the base game too, please? Like a uniform shirt that isn't shiny?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, qb said:

give us 3d glasses & parka up (and down, from innova) in joker store!

3D glasses are so ugly. I would give them away for free.

5 minutes ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

3D glasses are so ugly. I would give them away for free.

i bought key to the world bundle specifically just for those glasses 🙂 

• Like 1

@Sakebee Why didn't you guys put the "Patched Fashion Jeans" in the JT Store but the "Waistcoat and Tie Shirt"? Unfortunately these pants are the only ones who really work well with the classy shirt

For those who don't know the clothing items are also visible and obtainable through the regular wardrobe kiosk or clothing kiosk, whatever is it's name... In the add new clothing item option scroll to the bottom and you can find them all there. The bundles obviously are not here but most single pieced ones are so you can zoom in and out etc and see every clothing piece in detail and if it's compatible with your outfit or not. Very helpful option and glad this finally exist.

Btw it would be great to be able to sort inventory items by the name because I waste too much time going through items by the time I find it since not sure what really is the current sorting way of thing. it goes on my nerves since the start and wonder how this was never addressed so far.

5 hours ago, Timobelk said:

For those who don't know the clothing items are also visible and obtainable through the regular wardrobe kiosk or clothing kiosk, whatever is it's name... In the add new clothing item option scroll to the bottom and you can find them all there. The bundles obviously are not here but most single pieced ones are so you can zoom in and out etc and see every clothing piece in detail and if it's compatible with your outfit or not. Very helpful option and glad this finally exist.

Btw it would be great to be able to sort inventory items by the name because I waste too much time going through items by the time I find it since not sure what really is the current sorting way of thing. it goes on my nerves since the start and wonder how this was never addressed so far.

You literally said same thing as other 999 people, why lol

Edited by wHisHi

6 hours ago, Timobelk said:

iirc inventory items are listed in the order of their creation but if you delete an item, it creates an "empty slot" that will be filled by the next new item, ignoring its creation date

so with things like clothing or symbols that get swapped out a lot the inventory quickly becomes a jumbled mess - id love some alternate sort by options but thats probably something for after the engine upgrade since its a ui change