Rico2k

Genuine question to avid players with atleast 2-3k hours and gold threat

14 minutes ago, Spy said:

facing unbanned players

to be fair you were still facing them, just on different accounts

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

to be fair you were still facing them, just on different accounts

36 minutes ago, Spy said:

So LO can think of all nice things to patch/update but if the current AC isn't doing what it's supposed to do and the threatlevel/matchmaking will not be fixed then dethreating will always be a thing.

There you go, fixed.

Edited by Spy

6 minutes ago, Spy said:

There you go, fixed.

At least BE is banning more than EAC did... that's something. 

Threat is a mess now, and dethreating is rampant. I cant argue against that. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over? This was SURELY addressed countless times but honestly, I didn't read that much into it, but if there are people on this forum who are like this, tell me, what is the purpose of doing this? Because the bonus exp and cash for killing is what, 5% more than normal if you get 20 more kills on bronze and green players? What is the problem of playing on silver districts when you've already mastered APB to it's core, stomping people on the same level as you rather than new comers that might even stay with the game, if they wouldn't get their patootie kicked all the time by people with incredible skills that are supposed to be shown on SILVER districts (or gold, that is always a ghost town).

I also have cranked that 3k hours mark but i'm bad at shooters, so I stick with bronze, I just love the idea of APB and i'm playing it with friends from time to time. I like grouping up with new players that can somewhat grasp english and show them how exactly this game works, some ropes, advices, etc. and say "hey, it can be bad at the start, but later on it gets better when YOU get better" (and then everybody clapped). 

I honestly wish for these old 2012-2014 APB times to comeback, with old main menu login screen, where everyone was usually bronze and silvers weren't fake golds.

because there are some people who think cheaters run rampant in APB, and these same people dethreat and ruin the game for gold players who are just trying to play normal matches, just so they can stomp on newer players or lower threat players.

dethreaters kill the game for new players more than cheaters ever have.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

BxZdlCF.gif

Thanks, I needed that.

At least quote on quote more balanced matches, probably should have included that some rather trample noobs. 

21 hours ago, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over?

because they can

I don't care about winning/rewards per se. I care about having fun, and 4 out of 5 missions in silver districts, I can't have any. I don't try playing there too often, but when I do I just feel so useless and I get stumped on, I try focusing on the mission / communicating / using meta weapons even if I don't like them and I still don't stand a chance. It's not that I need to win to have fun, but being honest with you, going 2-8 for 4 missions straight feels like shit. Some years back I actually tried to improve so I could play at silver district the whole time, but eventually gave up on it because I'm not that type of player, I'm just really casual. On top of that I play with 250ms so it's even hardr to face true golds. The thing is, the skill gap in this game is so huge, whenever I play 2 missions in bronze district, I go gold. So if I play 10 missions, I will need at least 3 missions of purposely dethreating afterwards to go silver again. My policy is that if I face people below rank ~40, I will go easier on them, let them kill me in convincing ways so they get some fun. The worse they are the easier I'll go. This way I don't "upthreat" SO quickly and I luckily don't make new players quit. I try avoiding the "lose on purpose and go 1-17" dethreating style because it makes everyone's experience awful in the mission, but if I want to play APB but I'm gold, enter silver district and get my patootie handed to me 3 missions straight and I'm still gold, then yes, I will go 1-17 next mission in an attempt to go back to bronze district.

I guess a lot of people are like this. Others might play with friends who only play in bronze. And others might simply enjoy getting 20-kills-streaks out of people who just started playing and don't even know what an objective is because it boosts their egos or something

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:51 PM, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over? This was SURELY addressed countless times but honestly, I didn't read that much into it, but if there are people on this forum who are like this, tell me, what is the purpose of doing this? Because the bonus exp and cash for killing is what, 5% more than normal if you get 20 more kills on bronze and green players? What is the problem of playing on silver districts when you've already mastered APB to it's core, stomping people on the same level as you rather than new comers that might even stay with the game, if they wouldn't get their patootie kicked all the time by people with incredible skills that are supposed to be shown on SILVER districts (or gold, that is always a ghost town).

I also have cranked that 3k hours mark but i'm bad at shooters, so I stick with bronze, I just love the idea of APB and i'm playing it with friends from time to time. I like grouping up with new players that can somewhat grasp english and show them how exactly this game works, some ropes, advices, etc. and say "hey, it can be bad at the start, but later on it gets better when YOU get better" (and then everybody clapped). 

I honestly wish for these old 2012-2014 APB times to comeback, with old main menu login screen, where everyone was usually bronze and silvers weren't fake golds.

The people in the bronze district aren't gold threat players when you compare them to all the players active in APB Reloaded.

They are players who are somewhere in the silver range; low to high silver threat.  They are only considered gold threat players when they are playing against the lowest rank players, aka bronze threat.

The problem with having such a low population in this type of game is threat is only based on how that player has done against who they are playing against.

True gold threat players are permanently gold.  They don't drop to silver and they are stuck in the Silver/Gold districts.  Mid-high Silver threat players ping back and forth from Silver to Gold depending on who they have been fighting, bronze... they are still trying to figure out how to not perc themselves to death.

If you ever see a gold threat player in the bronze district, just understand they are not real gold threat players.  That if this game had a healthy population those players would be silver, maybe tap gold every once in a while, but mostly the players you see would be silver.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, illgot said:

They are players who are somewhere in the silver range; low to high silver threat.  They are only considered gold threat players when they are playing against the lowest rank players, aka bronze threat.

You've got a point there. So based on your theory here we are, gold players play in silver districts while silvers play in bronze districts. And for some odd reason we only complain about the silvers playing in bronze. I'm pretty sure that if the gold players stay in the gold districts this would be less of a problem.

I'm well aware of the fact that the low population doesn't allow a full gold server to fill up with gold players but then again, that's not the silver player his fault so it's only a natural reaction for silvers to play in bronze districts. I mean gold players are playing in lower distrstricts, why can't silvers? LO is not giving them an alternative.

LO, gold and silver players are all contributing to the low population and dethreatings. I know that's not what people want to hear, it sucks but it is what is is....

I think in its current state things would be better if the threat system was disabled, visible threat removed, matchmaking disabled. Have everyone vs anyone with a permanent backup option so missions have the potential to be 16v16 etc.

Just make things fun and chaotic until the engine upgrade and a better system is in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont see any active gold servers ever.... Maybe 1 silver server up with like 10 people in a bronze server. Blame low population.

6 hours ago, Spy said:

You've got a point there. So based on your theory here we are, gold players play in silver districts while silvers play in bronze districts. And for some odd reason we only complain about the silvers playing in bronze. I'm pretty sure that if the gold players stay in the gold districts this would be less of a problem.

Don't confuse losing threat with dethreating.

Detheaters, if not for their deliberate actions, would be playing in silver districts.

Others will simply bounce between districts naturally, and this is fine.

It's not about "silvers playing in bronze" its about golds playing in bronze.

It is one of APB's common misconceptions, gold threat players massively and deliberately de-threat in order to stomp on new players (what new players?). Having the gold threat (in bronze) and being a gold threat player (in silver) are two completely different things. There are no golds in bronze, those are just decent silvers who up-threat after having a few successful matches against similar silvers. 

The combination of low population and matchmaking system makes those silvers to look gold, but in reality that doesn't qualify them to be even remotely decent opponents in silver district, hence they de-threat and stay as mediocre gold-plated silvers players in bronze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Detheaters, if not for their deliberate actions, would be playing in silver districts.

I'm not confusing those two at all. It's exactely as I stated before from the post you're quoting.

47 minutes ago, Bambola said:

There are no golds in bronze, those are just decent silvers who up-threat after having a few successful matches against similar silvers. 

I can disagree, seen at least 5 golds in bronze which playstyle like actual golds, no mistakes, almost no misses, extremely high game sense etc.

Also not to mention so called "smurfs", who plays like cheaters (majority of bronze server name them so), they create new accounts, taking JT trials, play for a while (stomping more like), quit, repeat. That's even worse than dethreating tbh.

I wish I know their main... who knows, maybe someone here do that...

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's just it, real golds have to do A LOT of work to lose their actual threat just to curb stomp people with little effort.  A real gold doesn't even find most silvers a challenge.  I doubt there are many real gold threat players actively dethreating.

Most of the people you see dethreating are silvers who got gold in the bronze district playing against bronze players and need to drop back down to silver so they can go back to the bronze servers.

Don't let a players rank fool you, even rank 255s who have been playing for years are stuck in bronze/silver threat.

• Like 2

They need to add a feature that makes people want to keep their threat, like the old threat system. Something to strive for, right now your threat means nothing. If it actually meant something for people like a ranking system in other games like CS:GO and the likes maybe people would actually try to win.
Removing the old visible threat system, the changes to effective range and PoV changes were the worst additions to APB.

Edited by HatsuneMikuuuuu
  • Like 1

The gold treat is not necessary real.   Roll a character. Go to bronze and win(or group with a good team) 5 games in a row. You are now gold. 

Simplified example: The gold, silver, bronze, are based on your %win/loss.  If you win 6 games out of 10 you are gold. Loose 6 out 10 and you are silver, however  win 3 in  a row and you are back to gold.  The issue is that when you have won 1000 games and lost 990 games you can be gold but loosing 1 game will throw you down to silver and visa versa. 

Now add that the players you win against are also calculated into the equation.  Win against lower level players and you can drop from gold to silver.   Loose to high R players and you can go from silver to gold. 

Thus all that gold, silver, bronze means is what server you are restricted too.  

The funnest thing is that the dethreaters do not get that they would loose ranks faster by actually fighting lower ranked players than by throwing games. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

The gold treat is not necessary real.   Roll a character. Go to bronze and win(or group with a good team) 5 games in a row. You are now gold. 

Simplified example: The gold, silver, bronze, are based on your %win/loss.  If you win 6 games out of 10 you are gold. Loose 6 out 10 and you are silver, however  win 3 in  a row and you are back to gold.  The issue is that when you have won 1000 games and lost 990 games you can be gold but loosing 1 game will throw you down to silver and visa versa. 

Now add that the players you win against are also calculated into the equation.  Win against lower level players and you can drop from gold to silver.   Loose to high R players and you can go from silver to gold. 

The funnest thing is that the dethreaters do not get that they would loose ranks faster by actually fighting lower ranked players than by throwing games. 

Everything you just said was wrong. 

Everything. 

Sorry, normally I'd have just downvoted you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omega101 said:

Threat is based on your score points at the end of the mission. Winning increases the final score, but it does not directly affect threat.

To increase in threat, you need to score higher than the average score of all the players in the mission. To lose, threat, you must score lower than it. There's also a minimum score you must reach to decrease threat, otherwise the mission is ignored.

There was a trust factor that determined how easily you can change threat. There's was also a variable comparing your threat to the threat of your opposition. I don't know if these are still in use, maybe an SPCT or dev can confirm.

If you lose threat after winning against lower threat players, it's because you scored poorly in that mission or previous missions. The trust factor may play a part in this. I can see it lowering your threat if you score slightly better than the opp but you are gold and they are bronze.

Dethreaters are able to dethreat easily because they are borderline gold/silver. Their threat doesn't go up as fast in the bronze district because they're not that skilled of players and don't score significantly better, and their threat drops rapidly in gold because they throw missions against players of similar threat. The only way their threat will drop faster by fighting lower ranked players, I think you meant threat, is if the dethreaters throw the mission against them too.

4k hours max rank been silver for 2k hours was bronze threat before because i had a shitty laptop running apb at 30fps and during intense firefights it fell to 10fps.

Anyway  im not in this game for the shooting aspect of it.

Way more into this game for the cusomisation aspect, always been.

People still call me a dethreater and what not. But truth is i just suck xD.

I sometimes achieve gold but loose it in a couple of missions. Not on purpose tho, its just how the game goes.

All my friends in this game are playing in bronze districts too so i really have no point to move into silver districts.

I personally think they should just remove threat allready then the dethreat problem dissappears.tbh it shouldve been done years ago.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Everything you just said was wrong. 

Everything. 

Sorry, normally I'd have just downvoted you.

what part of "simplified" did you  not get?

the post below yours goes into a lot more detail but it is basically the same. 

A simplified example of how a car works is "you press on the gas pedal and it goes, you press on the brakes and it stops.   100% of people  will get this.

The actual explanation involves describing the  engine,  fuel flash points, the ignition system, the starter, (power train) the hydrophilic, brake pads on rotors, presser transfers of the gasses, etc....  you will loose 90% of the people you are trying to explain too.   

I take it you have never taught.  You give the basics first then go into the detail once you have established a frame of reference.

Before any one can understand anything they have to have a frame of reference.   My statement, though very basic and does not take into account a lot of the details in the equation, is right and establishes a frame of reference. 

I can't speak for anyone else since I've seen a lot of max ranks tryharding in bronze lately, but getting gold means I literally cannot progress my enforcer character if all my contacts are in Waterfront and the only instance with players is a bronze district. If everything wasn't locked behind rank 195, I would just play silver district and fight club.

At least when I see low level opposition, I try using difficult or underpowered weapons, reduce my rate of fire so they have more time to shoot back, or just straight up switch to using Oblivion + R2 Harbinger combo; unlike some of my team members who will happily roflstomp over everyone with an OSCAR and go full ham regardless.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:01 AM, ColorBauss said:

Not everyone wants to tryhard in silver districts all the time

Pretty much this. I long ago stopped caring about playing competitively, so instead just herpderp around in bronze where there's still fun to be had with wonky loadouts.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 10:29 PM, HatsuneMikuuuuu said:

They need to add a feature that makes people want to keep their threat, like the old threat system. Something to strive for, right now your threat means nothing. If it actually meant something for people like a ranking system in other games like CS:GO and the likes maybe people would actually try to win.
Removing the old visible threat system, the changes to effective range and PoV changes were the worst additions to APB.

The old threat system didn't have anything to strive for either though.

Oh wow a popup when you join a server. Okay......

Merged.

19 hours ago, Omega101 said:

what part of "simplified" did you  not get?

the post below yours goes into a lot more detail but it is basically the same. 

A simplified example of how a car works is "you press on the gas pedal and it goes, you press on the brakes and it stops.   100% of people  will get this.

The actual explanation involves describing the  engine,  fuel flash points, the ignition system, the starter, (power train) the hydrophilic, brake pads on rotors, presser transfers of the gasses, etc....  you will loose 90% of the people you are trying to explain too.   

I take it you have never taught.  You give the basics first then go into the detail once you have established a frame of reference.

Before any one can understand anything they have to have a frame of reference.   My statement, though very basic and does not take into account a lot of the details in the equation, is right and establishes a frame of reference. 

Except that the simplified version is:

Score upper 50% go up, score lower 50% go down.