Rico2k

Genuine question to avid players with atleast 2-3k hours and gold threat

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over? This was SURELY addressed countless times but honestly, I didn't read that much into it, but if there are people on this forum who are like this, tell me, what is the purpose of doing this? Because the bonus exp and cash for killing is what, 5% more than normal if you get 20 more kills on bronze and green players? What is the problem of playing on silver districts when you've already mastered APB to it's core, stomping people on the same level as you rather than new comers that might even stay with the game, if they wouldn't get their patootie kicked all the time by people with incredible skills that are supposed to be shown on SILVER districts (or gold, that is always a ghost town).

I also have cranked that 3k hours mark but i'm bad at shooters, so I stick with bronze, I just love the idea of APB and i'm playing it with friends from time to time. I like grouping up with new players that can somewhat grasp english and show them how exactly this game works, some ropes, advices, etc. and say "hey, it can be bad at the start, but later on it gets better when YOU get better" (and then everybody clapped). 

I honestly wish for these old 2012-2014 APB times to comeback, with old main menu login screen, where everyone was usually bronze and silvers weren't fake golds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Roxane said:

hmmmm... to get over 3k hours? 

huh?

Been perm gold since 2014, they do it for easier matches, tis all. Though I have several friends who are low gold high silver, who fluctuate a lot with a lot of hours.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

15 minutes ago, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district

I'm not. Easy question, next.

theyre probably not really 'gold' threat

because once they log out they have to waste their time to dethreat and then get to bronze later.

Because while it may seem so from your perspective, they didn't really master APB to its core. They don't even know weapon stats and claim absurd things such as Volcano/OSMAW always wins & Less-Than-Lethal being overpowered than actual lethal weapons, which isn't even remotely close to the truth.

Dethreaters are completely useless in a serious match without PMG or meta-weapons. They were delicious to feast upon when LO disabled threat-segregation a while back..

Dethreaters to Newcomers are like good players to dethreaters, the gap is simply too large both ways.

Dethreaters WILL feast on Newcomers so long they are allowed to, because they'll get feasted upon otherwise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over? This was SURELY addressed countless times but honestly, I didn't read that much into it, but if there are people on this forum who are like this, tell me, what is the purpose of doing this? Because the bonus exp and cash for killing is what, 5% more than normal if you get 20 more kills on bronze and green players? What is the problem of playing on silver districts when you've already mastered APB to it's core, stomping people on the same level as you rather than new comers that might even stay with the game, if they wouldn't get their patootie kicked all the time by people with incredible skills that are supposed to be shown on SILVER districts (or gold, that is always a ghost town).

I also have cranked that 3k hours mark but i'm bad at shooters, so I stick with bronze, I just love the idea of APB and i'm playing it with friends from time to time. I like grouping up with new players that can somewhat grasp english and show them how exactly this game works, some ropes, advices, etc. and say "hey, it can be bad at the start, but later on it gets better when YOU get better" (and then everybody clapped). 

I honestly wish for these old 2012-2014 APB times to comeback, with old main menu login screen, where everyone was usually bronze and silvers weren't fake golds.

Imagine a new player becomes gold and no longer has the ability to play in their preferred district, their options are:

improve
Stop playing altogether
Suffer until you become silver again
or accelerate that process by Dethreating

APB is now my most played title at 1k hours and I understand that people dethreat to get more balanced matches. The whole threat system only works well if the playerbase is high. In NA's case having 1 full server for both silver and bronze districts is rare these days. 

One of the things this new engine is going to address is how districts are made. It won't be a static B/S/G district system anymore but a system where all you have to do is play on the map you want and theoretically you should get good games.

I made a post similar to this a while back.

It's one of the many things you're going to have to suffer through until LO can get this engine up and running and hopefully a bigger player base.

Another part is balance but lets hope this Wednesday will but bandaids on this game's booboos 

Edited by R3ACT3M

Honestly same as asking why people cheat. Immature, mostly teenagers, people that only want to win, not actually enjoy gameplay.

Not everyone wants to tryhard in silver districts all the time.. for me, it gets physically tiring.

Trying to win against those Obeya Cr's that hit every shot every mission, just can't take it all the time. I find no enjoyment in that.

I don't even benefit from winning, I don't care about it. I got every car and legendary I need. Joker tickets are also of meager use.

Winning is not fun for me, but being able to play off-meta weapons and still have a chance to win is nice.

Edited by ColorBauss
  • Like 1

That's just dethreaters and one of the biggest issues APB has ever had because they chase away new players 24/7/365. They haven't mastered the game, they just have enough experience with it to bully new players who lack that kind of experience. I've heard tons of excuses for dethreating but at the end of the day it's to get easy matches against players who mostly cannot retaliate and its just sad and pathetic honestly. The main problem is the horribly dated matchmaking system the game currently has and its something that will be addressed with the engine upgrade but for now we have to make do with no new players joining into the game and the ones that are actually low enough skill dealing with dethreating subhumans in bronze district. Most APB players don't realise this but the matchmaking system is directly at fault for most of the frustration with the game.

For example, ever since LO took over, tons of guns got nerfed not because they needed to be nerfed but because low skill players complained about certain meta guns that good players use a lot, claiming them to be overpowered when in reality its just the huge skill gap. Its even worse when you realise that those same low skill complainers use the actual broken guns in the game (AMG, Explosives, NFAS, PMG, ATAC etc) because they are so much easier to use. When you're bad at a game, you look for the easy loadouts to play because thats your only way of getting kills and winning anything but when those players had to pick up those supposed "overpowered" guns (such as N-TEC) they'd get completely rolled because these guns actually require skill and aim.

Another example is the "cheating" problem. APB has always had an actual cheater problem but not nearly to the extent that some players have claimed over the years. The moment you start talking about how all of the "gold elite" APB players are in a coalition together and are all cheating, you're already long lost but thats how a portion of the community perceives it because they are total wack at the game and the matchmaking makes them believe that everyone is cheating but them, putting them up against decent+ players.

Its a deep issue that causes huge frustration and skews the reality of other parts of the game and even drives the devs to make stupid/unnecessary changes to the game even when the issue isn't in those things.

• Like 8

We need a list of current players/groups in the mission district and also their current status in any moment.Every player/group must have option to challenge to a match opposition which is the same threat and when is not in mission(must be also added auto decline challenge request)

For example:Im silver(max rank)and i play on mine silver district lets say financial(doesnt matter)I hit a command to show me all players/groups in the district and if i see other silver which is not in mission-i can challenge him to a match(send him similar to friend request)Groups can challenge only the same amount of member groups and if they are same threat.For example gold and silver in group can challenge only another group of gold/silver if available

Thats a good way to avoid bad matchmaking.No guaranteed that the new phasing gonna solve everything.We may still have low /pop.To be clear- i suggest this to be added to current matchmaking - not to replace it

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

Cuz they get their asses kicked the milisecond they step into silver lol.

and these too are the ones that call you into an empty gold only to try and cheese you out with a pmg in a 1v1 it's actually sus my man.

Getting stomped by players way better than you happens all across the player skill spectrum, not just in bronze districts. Probably happens worse in silver districts cause the difference in skill between a gold and a gold is insane.

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

people dethreat to get more balanced matches

BxZdlCF.gif

Thanks, I needed that.

• Like 1

Might be because I "kindly" advise my gold teammates to go to bronze

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

We need a list of current players/groups in the mission district and also their current status in any moment.Every player/group must have option to challenge to a match opposition which is the same threat and when is not in mission(must be also added auto decline challenge request)

For example:Im silver(max rank)and i play on mine silver district lets say financial(doesnt matter)I hit a command to show me all players/groups in the district and if i see other silver which is not in mission-i can challenge him to a match(send him similar to friend request)Groups can challenge only the same amount of member groups and if they are same threat.For example gold and silver in group can challenge only another group of gold/silver if available

Thats a good way to avoid bad matchmaking.No guaranteed that the new phasing gonna solve everything.We may still have low /pop.To be clear- i suggest this to be added to current matchmaking - not to replace it

You do realise that people like me will get little to no opposition if people could pick who they play against, right? If you could deny a match against someone, a portion of the players will get 1 mission per hour on average because no one wants to get stomped. Especially the people who think top tier players are cheating will ALWAYS avoid those matches. Its been considered before and it even used to be a feature very early on in APB but it got scrapped for a good reason.

Not only matchmaking always been an issue, but low playerbase is part of the issue too, as long as there is not enough players in the game, there will always be a problem with matchmaking.

Hopefully advertising after engine upgrade will help, otherwise whatever changes are made to the current matchmaking nothing will change at all.

More players -> more opposition -> more diversity -> less chances to match against the most experienced players.

Less players   -> less opposition   -> less diversity    -> more chances to match against the same good players -> more reasons for unskilled players to detreath and same goes on bronze districts

52 minutes ago, Flaws said:

You do realise that people like me will get little to no opposition if people could pick who they play against, right? If you could deny a match against someone, a portion of the players will get 1 mission per hour on average because no one wants to get stomped. Especially the people who think top tier players are cheating will ALWAYS avoid those matches. Its been considered before and it even used to be a feature very early on in APB but it got scrapped for a good reason.

yea i was thinking about this indeed..

1 hour ago, Flaws said:

Especially the people who think top tier players are cheating will ALWAYS avoid those matches.

It's no secret that a lot of people just won't fight versus any player who have multiple records on for example ffbans and seeing them in your district as opponents can be frustrating. If the current AC was any good and a better matchmaking system (way to easy to get gold) is in play then the afk'ing and dethreating will be reduced to an acceptable level.

Edited by Spy

4 minutes ago, Spy said:

It's no secret that a lot of people just won't fight versus players who have multiple records on for example ffbans and seeing them in your district as opponents can be frustrating. If the current AC was any good and a better matchmaking system (way to easy to get gold) is play then the afk'ing and dethreating will be reduced to an acceptable level.

Its not "a lot of people" at all. Most people have already realised that FF didn't function right and was heavily abused by the old devs thus creating a false narrative that a lot more people are serial cheaters when they aren't. I've seen some leftover examples of extreme tin foil hats who can't wrap their head around the fact that they are plain wrong but those are few these days, thankfully. LO has already cleared this entire thing up and many of us that got banned multiple times by FF and old G1 have survived BE twice and EAC once with no bans which should speak for itself. That's not to say that there weren't some bad actors but they aren't as many as people used to think there were. Some have grown, some have left the game or keep getting banned today without us ever knowing. Even if they don't think we're cheating they'd still skip plenty of missions due to players being higher skill level, abusing certain gameplay tactics and loadouts and plentiful other reasons.

While I agree that BE is bad and definitively worse than EAC, its doing an okay job this time around. Not amazing or nearly as good as EAC but its fine for the time being. Phasing will definitely improve matchmaking regardless of the total population of the game, even with the current threat levels because there still is the hidden elo system which can help if the matchmaking pool was larger than 40vs40.

16 hours ago, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over? This was SURELY addressed countless times but honestly, I didn't read that much into it, but if there are people on this forum who are like this, tell me, what is the purpose of doing this? Because the bonus exp and cash for killing is what, 5% more than normal if you get 20 more kills on bronze and green players? What is the problem of playing on silver districts when you've already mastered APB to it's core, stomping people on the same level as you rather than new comers that might even stay with the game, if they wouldn't get their patootie kicked all the time by people with incredible skills that are supposed to be shown on SILVER districts (or gold, that is always a ghost town)

Because they're twats. Anything else is a bullshoot excuse. People can go on about small population and matchmaking, but this was also happening when we had 4 - 5x as many players as we do now and there was enough for players to get matches in Silver district.

I never did it and I'm nowhere near the top of the Gold food chain. There's been literally 100s of Golds in this game who can kerbstomp me yet I never felt the need to intentionally drop threat to avoid them.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Its not "a lot of people" at all. Most people have already realised that FF didn't function

Agree to disagree. There's a a lot of names on ffb that where raging hard and not to mention the 'closets' who tried to hide hacks but failed misserably. Facing those unbanned 'pro players' in districts was just another failed attempt to populate the servers (imho) and lots of legit players disliked (and still do) the idea of facing unbanned players with multiple violations. So LO can think of all nice things to patch/update but if the current AC isn't doing what it's supposed to do and the threatlevel/matchmaking will not be fixed then dethreating will always be a thing.

Edited by Spy
  • Like 2