Sakebee

Weapon Balance

So when JG Snubnose was a problem, instead of doing the sensible thing and just making the JG function akin to an HVR or Strife in that you cannot immediately swap weapons after firing? nah let's make what is already a pretty irrelevant secondary weapon even worse.  You even made the same change of adding bolt time to the OBIR for quickswitching too. But death to the snubnose i guess. 

• Like 3

Definitely think the Ursus changes are a terrible idea. Especially with them adding the bloom thing like the normal ntec (if thats what that last snip-it is implying). Only reason the Ursus has had a spike in use is because the normal ntec has been gutted time and time again. Still don't agree with the nerf meta not surprised though based on the state of these forums. Even as someone who dislikes the hvr I think nerfing its damage while buffing the scout and keeping the hvr's bloom damage scaling is not the way to do it. I still will never agree with adding these mechanics that were never a thing before and are just being added on to add more "complications" to things. I agree with some of the changes and will see how it turns out on live but like usual it will probably be the case of people who dislike x weapon will not test the weapon and say its in a good state. Leading to flawed feedback. I can still say that the gunplay was better back in 2013 than it has been after the first major nerfs to any weapons. I'll see how these changes are when they go live but tbh it doesn't look super hopeful as of right now.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

Sure they are, however there are no any other advantages when you use them, unlike with other nades, so 1 shot stunning ability is fine, considering that criminals can free each other, besides using full ltl loadout at the moment is a huge disadvantage, you can be only competitive against average silvers and everything below that.

Having played many matches with and against Leefekyn, I can assure you that vs golds he is more than competitive running LTL.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I like to think that outside of launchers, 1 shot tactics don't belong in the game at all. With the little synergy there is between normal an ltl weapons, it's probably best to use an ltl weapon when using stun grenades anyway. Lowering the stun damage would just remove a pretty cheap playstyle.

There's a difference of being instantly killed by launchers than being 1 shot stunned and required to be handcuffed or killed with a lethal gun if necessary. and of course the handcuffed criminal can be used as a meat shield in addition. 😂

Your suggestion to lower stun grenade damage would also also have negative effect on OCA Nano, making it less efficient with stun grenades.

44 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Having played many matches with and against Leefekyn, I can assure you that vs golds he is more than competitive running LTL.

That's what i thought, he's too good even with underpowered LTL and he's bored because there's no enough challenge, not all of us are as skilled as he is.

3 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

It's not incredibly hard to toss a stun nade 70m, so I'm not sure what you mean there. They are also one of the best corner camping tools, as you can one shot anyone that isn't wearing flak. I use them all the time as they're the only dedicated stun option (Hopefully EMP grenades can function as an alternative), and I've found them to be incredibly cheesy. Nerfing them down to 850 still allows you to follow up with any dedicated ltl weapon. It would still stun with single shot, or two in the CCG's case, so they'd be perfectly serviceable as an ltl mainstay still, while not having them be annoying. 

Dude, people complain about HVR having 850 life damage, people complain that concs do high life damage, people complain that explosives kill in 1 hit. Nerfing stun grenades which are rarely used is a bad idea, ontop of the fact that at 850 people would still complain about them because it's less than lethal and people hate sitting around waiting to die. Look at the pig, 1 shot 850/900 stamina damage, people complained and it got nerfed because percussions, and instead of nerfing perc stamina damage, they nerfed the pig. Go figure.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

so this patch is going to bring the manic to a .72s ttk (10stk) as far as i can tell, what exactly is the reasoning there?

i do think the current manic ttk can be pushed excessively low but this throws the c2 (.63s ttk) into a bad balance spot with no competitors

and it goes against one of the bigger design concepts apb has, where more difficult to use weapons have lower ttks and vice versa

why use the manic if the c2 does everything better, even as a preset? why use the manic when the new and improved oca will outperform it without having to deal with horizontal recoil or marksmanship mode?

Edited by 404
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 404 said:

so this patch is going to bring the manic to a .72s ttk (10stk) as far as i can tell, what exactly is the reasoning there?

i do think the current manic ttk can be pushed excessively low but this throws the c2 (.63s ttk) into a bad balance spot with no competitors

and it goes against one of the bigger design concepts apb has, where more difficult to use weapons have lower ttks and vice versa

why use the manic if the c2 does everything better, even as a preset? why use the manic when the new and improved oca will outperform it without having to deal with horizontal recoil or marksmanship mode?

You talk about trouble maker or weapon from joker store?

Ahahaha they decided to nerf snub!!

Oh boy...

girl-lmaos.gif

Hope you have older balance backups going back in time. Cus you gonna need them if you keep on like this.

Better don't touch anything - just revert back to before your time. And finish engine upgrade, armas-joker changes, anti-cheat first.

Can of worms and all that...

The game will be all the time unbalanced, if there is no alternative Hitboxes to shot.

Thats why Headshots are so good. Hard to hit, but do extrem damage.

Thats why we have Meta-Gameplay in this game. Only the best allround weapons can stay alive, take a look to Ntec7 the full auto sniper rifle.

Its very bad to see how much player dont unterstand how balancing works 😞

Also playee they dont know how it works ruins the game again?

2 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Thats why Headshots are so good. Hard to hit, but do extrem damage.

If LO wanted to have APB to have proper hitboxes every character would have to be the same size, Height would have to be the same for everyone, weight sliders would also have to be removed or toned down so its either skinny or thicc

I have thought since everyone's feet are generally in the same location make feet-shin damage be less than upper body. Maybe make getting shot in the back deal more damage.

Good changes and no wierd jumps in numbers, just slight adjustments over time. Glad to see that!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Temporal said:

Ahahaha they decided to nerf snub!!

Oof

When you put it like that it sounds so bad. 

I promise this wasn't a balance pass of the snub. All of us are aware of where the snub sits in the meta. This was simply the removal of a 0.10 ttk exploit. 

The snub will get balanced, rest assured. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 404 said:

why use the manic if the c2 does everything better, even as a preset?

C2 is better in CQC ttk wise but the Manic continues to be one of the very few SMG's that can reach up to crazy ranges such as 30m. As it stands on live the manic has one of the best ttk's, extreme accuracy and therefore consistency and also the ability to spray people down on 30~ meters. 

The PMG is considered overpowered because of its versatility, the gun is easy to play and currently does everything, with these changes to the PMG it'll have its versatility reeled in by a good amount which would leave the Manic in a state where it would essentially be a more consistent PMG thats only slightly harder to play. 

Edited by Frosi

14 minutes ago, Frosi said:

C2 is better in CQC ttk wise but the Manic continues to be one of the very few SMG's that can reach up to crazy ranges such as 30m. As it stands on live the manic has one of the best ttk's, extreme accuracy and therefore consistency and also the ability to spray people done on 30~ meters. 

The PMG is considered overpowered because of its versatility, the gun is easy to play and currently does everything, with these changes to the PMG it'll have its versatility reeled in by a good amount which would leave the Manic in a state where it would essentially be a more consistent PMG thats only slightly harder to play. 

Good explanation, you guys talking about C2 trouble maker?

4 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Good explanation, you guys talking about C2 trouble maker?

About the C2 in general and how it performs vs the S1-NA 'Manic'

• Thanks 1

When comparing the ACT and RSA, has the lack of HS3 availability on the RSA been taken into account? I think this is one of the reasons why RSA is seldom used currently. I don't think High Magnification Scope can be considered an equivalent as it is way too clunky, especially for a secondary.

In my opinion a new JT/Armas RSA variant with HS3 would be welcome, because I believe the ACT GM will still be dominating in the long range secondary role. Changing the Hunter could also be an option but messing with weapons players have paid money for tends to be a slippery slope.

52 minutes ago, mojical said:

When comparing the ACT and RSA, has the lack of HS3 availability on the RSA been taken into account? I think this is one of the reasons why RSA is seldom used currently.

I think the 60m dropoff for ACT and having the RSA easier to hit shots in succession means it was directly taken into account in these balances. It's a shame old G1 overlords ever even put tier 3 mods on secondaries, it just throws balance out of wack

Gave a read to comments, sorry for the long post but I copied it from the link and really the weapons are a lot and I ask sorry in advance,  I may seem harsh with my comments, but it's not my intention and of course I didnt tried this patch, so certainly I may be unaccurate a lot, but really I have had a lot of concern at first sight as a lot above of me.

WEAPON UPDATES changes

-N-TEC 7 'Ursus'

N-TEC 7 'Ursus' is a widely used gun which offers top of the line efficiency at all ranges. Because it currently suffers from few drawbacks, it is crowding out other viable gun choices. For these reasons, we are making the following changes.

Instead of modelling the Ursus after the N-TEC 5, we decided to focus its attention on long range engagements by modelling it after the Scoped N-TEC 5. We did this by decreasing its mobility by making it more inaccurate when moving.

In addition, we reduced the effectiveness of spraying by making the gun more inaccurate after the first few bullets. It will still be functional in close to medium range, but its time to kill will be drastically increased as spraying is now more inaccurate.

Delay before bloom begins to recover: 0.075 -> 0.085 (Nerf) WHy adding TTK and leave the same range?

Maximum Bloom: 2.4 -> 2.8 (Nerf)                                        WHY less precision for a weapon you want to adressed for longer ranges??

Marksman accuracy while moving: 1.2 -> 1.6 (Nerf)        OK?

This nerf has nothing SENSE, WHY?

We trade a solid gun without being OP, a ideal weapon shall be a model for oher ones with one with Less accuracy, higher TTK, more horizontal recoil for the bloom meanwhile having the same range and same name? WHY?

We have already a sorta of Ntec remodelled for longer ranges and it's the NEW GLORY,  an almost total garbage, t is crowding out other viable gun choices because weapon released are garbage or your balancing work is kinda of a  work half done, dont blame people and especially costumer/ not F2P if after we get baited to buy 200 euro+ of joker boxes per 1 legendary (at least my case..) in past, at least we prefer use weapons better balanced.

I am not so against a nerf, making it similar to the SCOPED NTEC is fine but the overnerf doesnt explain at all,  business choice I guess?

Why doesnt you start to adjust the NTEC new Glory at first?

OCA-EW 626

We decided it was necessary to revamp the close-range SMGs starting with the base OCA because of its drastic reduction in usage after previous nerfs. The nerfs to its fire interval and bloom from the previous patch have been completely reverted.

We have also given the OCA additional accuracy when crouched, which permits it to have slightly more range at the cost of mobility. We have decreased the fire interval to give it a better chance of combatting shotguns in close quarters.

Fire interval: 0.1 -> 0.096 (Buff)

Recovery per second: 5.15 -> 5.35 (Buff)

Maximum Bloom: 0.7 -> 0.66 (Buff)

Accuracy when crouched: 1.0 -> 0.8 (Buff)

Welcome the buff, but just reverting....were there a lot of people before claim it was  a little op before, also than more than PMG??

Anyway I cant no wait to try it with these changes.

OCA-EW 626 'Whisper'

With the OCA changes also affecting the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' variety, it was important to ensure that this gun still had a special function that made it feel distinct from the base model.

Since Cooling Jacket (a common choice for close range weapons) can't be used on this weapon, we've increased the accuracy of the gun significantly. This allows it to function as a more accurate yet slower variety of the OCA.

In order to not give it too much of an edge, we reduced its effective range to compensate. In combination with the boosted accuracy, this should feel much more consistent compared to the existing Whisper that you know and love.

Effective Range: 50 -> 30 (Nerf)

Min damage Range: 55 -> 35 (Nerf)

Accuracy at 10m: 36 -> 33 (Buff)

Welcome the buff, it really needed a accuracy buff.

Someone here wrote something interesting( @Hexerin:

Haven't finished reading the article, but had to come make a post about that Whisper change. Why was the min damage range dropped as well? The base OCA min damage range is 50m, there's literally no reason the Whisper's min damage range should be shorter than that. The only problem with the Whisper was the effective range was 50m for some reason (compared to OCA's 30m), other than that it was literally just an OCA with the silencer mod (as it was always supposed to be in the first place).

I have the same doubt, I hope than Oca it will be a lot more accurate until 35m, otherwise we have another useless weapon.

Colby PMG

Before going into the changes, it is important to establish the role of the PMG. This gun is meant to be a close-range SMG which may reach into the medium-range at a stretch, but its performance there should be held back by its bloom. This is a role we wish to respect.

To accomplish this, we slightly decreased the PMG's base accuracy and removed the ability to gain additional accuracy when crouched. Because the gun is balanced around its bloom, we felt these were necessary first steps.

Next, we looked at revamping its effective range. Beyond 20 meters, the PMG is now 6 shots to kill, which increases its time to kill. It will continue to drop in damage until 35 meters where it reaches its minimum damage.

The last change is a nerf to the PMG's combination with Cooling Jacket's downside. Because there is a slight nerf to the gun's bloom recovery rate, users will now see a more significant decrease in accuracy when using this modification.

Accuracy when crouched: 0.8 -> 1.0 (Nerf)  why?

Accuracy at 10m: 33 -> 34 (Nerf)              ?

Effective Range: 35 -> 20 (Nerf)             GREAT!!!

Min damage Range: 50 -> 35 (Nerf)   GREAT!!

Recovery per second: 7.2 -> 6.9 (Nerf)    ?????

So now we have a  supposedly balanced oca more precise, less recoil and more range while and its counterpart pmg is less precise, especially if modded, + 1 more shot to kill and less range.

A first glance seem a little little overnerfed, but as I told before need a try...

Obeya CAP40 'Sergeant'

The Obeya CAP40 'Sergeant' is supposed to be a blend between OCA and PMG. Since we are changing both guns in this patch, we naturally had to change the CAP40 as well.

We found that the gun was punished too hard for utilizing red modifications. To combat this, we slightly increased its accuracy and bloom recovery rate.

Recovery per second: 4.44 -> 4.5 (Buff)

Radius at 10m: 37 -> 36 (Buff)

Well done, it needed a buff since ages... but I have some doubts about oca above.

FAR

The major thing we changed about the N-TEC was its close-range spraying accuracy, which was significantly nerfed. We gave FAR the same treatment, nerfing its spraying accuracy to keep it between the STAR 556 and the N-TEC 5.

Maximum Bloom: 1.45 -> 1.65 (Nerf)

WHY??

Far is already scale not excatly  well and kinda "sensibile" with red mods such as IR3/ CJ2 etc for its bloom/ bullets dipersion.

Another un-request, nobody asked for this nerf.

ATAC 424

ATAC is meant to be a gun that is easily accessible which focuses on medium-range engagements but will also function quite well in closer ranged fights. The issue is the effectiveness of its semi long-range sprays in combination with its very short time to kill. Considering this weapon's ease of use, we felt that this gun needed a nerf to its range. The ATAC will now bloom more when spraying to help solidify its identity.

Effective Range: 50 -> 40 (Nerf)

Maximum Bloom: 0.5 -> 0.7 (Nerf)

Seem a Great changes especially about  the range.

N-TEC 5

We previously nerfed the spraying accuracy of the N-TEC 5. When doing weapon balancing, it's important to look back at past changes and consider how they have developed over time.

In reviewing the gun's performance after the change, we have seen a lot more variety in weapon picks, which is a great outcome. We still want there to be some overlap in terms of close-range efficiency, just not to the degree where secondary weapons become irrelevant or close-range weapons are completely matched. To better accomplish this goal, we decided to slightly rollback the N-TEC 5 spraying accuracy change by 50% to give it a bit more leverage in close-range engagements.

Maximum Bloom: 2.4 -> 2.0 (Buff)

Correct the overnerf of the last patch... About time, buttercups

Colby SNR 850

Switching back and forth between JG and the Colby Snub-Nose Revolver is a problem in close quarters. You can see this frequently come up in Asylum. We are addressing this issue by increasing the equip time to 0.5. This change will keep the timer low while hopefully discouraging this playstyle.

Equip time: 0.1 -> 0.5 (Nerf)

lel no comment, it was a fun make some kills with this meh gun... 🤣

Ok for nerf, but meanwhile why didnt u get the opportunity to give a little buff to its accuracty?

Wasted time?...

OBIR

When looking at guns which are effective in all ranges, the OBIR automatically springs to mind. While the gun is meant to be focused on long-range engagements, it is also very capable of being used in close range by "quick switching" between the OBIR and a secondary to finish off the enemy. This is an issue because it allows the OBIR to suddenly compete with dedicated close-range weapons.

Because we want to preserve areas where each of our weapon types can excel, we are implementing the bolt timer, which is used on guns like the N-HVR to prevent switching weapons until it's able to fire again, on the OBIR. On top of this change, we are also decreasing the ammo pool of the OBIR to match the magazines of the Obeya CR762.

Bolt timer: false -> true (Nerf)                      WHY??

Reserve ammo: 240 -> 144 (Nerf)                                WHAT??

WHY?

It's long time we have the Obir and I guess everybody think of  it as such a assist team weapon in big groups (or one of the lamer steal kills weapons in Baylin), stat talking seem good, but the end the work it do is assisting team, counting the 3 shots burst if all perfectly hit (it not so 100% but neither excatly 80% in long ranges) statically give a over damage until 81m, but it doesnt have the "nuke or raw power" of bishot weapons such as HVR or Scout, or worst of some explosive weapons can kill in long ranges such as Osnaw, Volcano (without count it's AOE...).

stat talking It has better TTK than HVR and scout, but rarely players use it, veterans too, especially counting APB it's mainly a game from 0 to max 70/75m, the other 2 weapons gave me more solid  perfomance for being more nuke and a opponent team of  IR3 Assualt rifles is enough to give hard competition 

Then about the quickswitching....... really if in CLOSE RANGE one/you player lose to for a quickswitching FBW -obir's user where he  for perfoming it has a totally rougly  TTK of 2  seconds at best ? ( 0.5 from quickswitching time with 3PS3 + 0.5 burst+ fire interval from 1 obir shot + 0.600 3 shots by FBW), while you have a OCA, Ntec, a FBW/.45 secondary  (weapons with  0.7/0.8 ttk without count mods ) you DESERVE to LOSE and he to win, because he was more precise than you.

In syntesis, just resolve it with more nerf to jump shotting accuracy if some people in staff are mad to get owned from it, all happy ok?

Silver SPCT agreed too?

@Frosi

Bolt timer might be the wrong word here but guns like the Strife shotgun also have this, in short, it was introduced to help with Snipers switching to secondaries immediately but was introduced to other high damage output per shot (or in this case burst) if they saw similar playstyles.

The Comparing is kinda of meh... silver SPCT spotted? 🥺

Stabba - PIG

The combination of Percussion Grenades and the PIG can be oppressive. By lowering the stamina damage of the PIG from 950 to 675, we are forcing users to hit their percussion grenade more accurately and follow up the throw with a shot from the PIG faster. This should preserver the strategy but make the combination require more skill to pull off.

Stamina damage: 950 -> 675 (Nerf)

It was a annoy exploit (for someone eh..), but call it oppressive...😂

Pointless, but ok, too bad I dont see with this nerf a buff for other LTL weapons: TG8, stabba etc.. 

If the idea is make lose total worth to LTL weapons and the difference between CRIMS and ENFORCERS, for me it's another occasion lost... GOOD screwJOB 

N-HVR 243 'Scout'

N-HVR 243 'Scout' is a rare sight due to its high time to kill and low damage. If the second shot misses, or if it takes a while to follow up the first one, the enemy will have regenerated enough health to avoid death.

To facilitate more usage of the Scout, we have increased its damage from 550 to 600. With the new damage increase, we've included a corresponding increase in the equip time to avoid "quick switching" from becoming an issue.

Damage per shot: 550 -> 600 (Buff)

Equip time: 0.6 -> 0.8 (Nerf)

Un-necessary buff, UN-Necessary Nerf...

Just nerf a little Clotting Agent 3, adding 1 second to the regeneration time from 1.6 s to 2.6 (for example eh, give a try?), we have the scout balanced and a tons of  other weapons too ( FR0G?)

Actual change for me, it's a nerf to Scout.

N-HVR 762

The ability to force the enemy player out of the match with a single shot doesn't make for a good experience.

To help combat this, we have lowered the damage of the HVR to 800. While this might seem like a small change, our testing showed that this keeps the gun relevant while allowing damaged players to rejoin the fight faster and with less fear of immediate follow up.

Damage per shot: 850 -> 800 (Nerf)

PLEASE, and PLEASE, nerf it also at 700 or 750 I dont care at all,  but buff a little the Marksman accuracy while moving, it's a total pain press a little abything about W-A-S-D and getting mad for so little.

Anyway HVR is already dead and it's just a annoy zombie, RIP my dear, in districts it's just a volcano/ Osnaw festival without you.

S1-NA 'Manic'

The Manic functions as a highly mobile close-range gun which is capable of reaching into mid-range by controlling the recoil. With its low fire interval and high damage, the Manic is able to kill players in a lower than average time to kill.

To bring it more in-line with other options, we've decreased the accuracy of the Manic while jumping to hinder its close-range capabilities a small amount. Its damage has also been decreased, which results in a slightly higher time to kill. Finally, we've also increased the maximum bloom to mitigate its long-range effectiveness.

Accuracy while jumping: 2.2 -> 4.4 (Nerf)

Damage per shot: 115 -> 110 (Nerf)

Maximum Bloom: 0.6 -> 0.725 (Nerf)

And the last weapon make a little worth the Juggernaut pack has gone I guess, in case RIP, I didnt use you a lot, but it was fun against someone, RIP 

Agreed for a nerf, but seem a little too much for  a markmanship close range weapon and just good for casual districts?

12 hours ago, 404 said:

Agreed, nothing to add, another weapon wasted.

Joker SR-15 Carbine

The Joker SR-15 Carbine used to be an extremely popular pick a few years back. Later patches decreased its efficiency by nerfing its base accuracy and how quickly it would regain accuracy. This led to the gun being a rare sight compared to alternatives like the OSCAR.

We decided to bring the Carbine back into the spotlight again by decreasing the inaccuracy per shot. This should make the gun a lot more viable for skilled marksmen and should allow it to compete with the OSCAR once again. We've also added 2 more magazines to the ammo capacity to keep it in the game for longer.

Bloom per shot: 0.23 -> 0.20 (Buff)

Reserve ammo: 100 -> 140 (Buff)

So in syntesys, a Joker Carbine with heavy barrel 1 buff ?

I am not so sure it will change a lot, but ok welcome it too...

ACT 44

Since we made changes to long-range secondary weapons, we've observed much more balanced play, but with less variety in picks. This means that we are on the right track, but need to now do more specific tweaks to increase the pool of viable options.

By decreasing the range of the ACT 44 by 10 meters, we are solidifying the identity of both the ACT 44 and the RSA. The ACT 44 will now shine as the more swift and mobile alternative in the long-range secondary category. To help accomplish this, we have increased the ACT 44's equip time to make it equal to the RSA.

Effective range: 70 -> 60 (Nerf)

Equip time: 0.6 -> 0.9 (Nerf)

Another un-requested nerf?

No big surpraise..

Colby RSA

In contrast to the ACT 44, the RSA trades mobility for a much longer range. To help better define the role of the RSA as a less mobile option, we have also decreased the accuracy of the weapon while moving. In this role, the RSA was held back by its very large bloom recovery delay which made subsequent shots after the first much harder to land. We have reduced the bloom recovery delay to allow for faster repeat shots down range. This decrease in bloom recovery was enough of a buff that we also needed to reduce the fire interval slightly to keep both guns competitive with each other.

Fire interval: 0.85 -> 0.9 (Nerf)    ------

Delay before bloom begins to recover: 0.5 -> 0.3 (Buff)

Accuracy while walking: 1.2 -> 1.75 (Nerf)   -.-

Accuracy while running (not sprint): 2 -> 2.5 (Nerf)

Slower, but more accurated (if u are standing still)....

I dont know, I guess it will need to have better tracking than before I guess, worth a try I guess..

N-ISSR-B

In the Mission Impossible patch, we nerfed the N-ISSR-B's hard damage to make it less effective against vehicles. The mixture between mobility and hard damage was simply too much for one gun. This change resulted in more variety of anti-vehicle weapons seeing use.

While we're happy with the direction of the original change, the ISSR-B should still be able to pose some threat to vehicles. We've decided to scale back the nerf by slightly increasing the hard damage.

Hard damage per shot: 0.17 -> 0.19 (Buff)

The hard damage buff seem  so small  such as the chihuahua of my gf... for making a funny comparison.

Need a try it too as everything above, I guess it will never be close to the same ISSR-B of before...

Jump Shooting Changes

A few months back we nerfed the jump shooting capability of the N-TEC 5. This was met with some resistance due to the fact that this gun in particular now suffered a significant disadvantage compared to other assault rifles such as the FAR.

Assault rifles should work in close range - with a lot of effort and a bit of luck.

Accurate jump shooting allows assault rifles to have too much overlap in close range, where secondaries should be used instead. We are applying the same jump shooting nerf to all assault rifles depending on the functionality of the gun.

STAR: (10->25) (Nerf)

FAR: (10->25) (Nerf)

ATAC: (6.5->18) (Nerf)

COBR-A: (7->12) (Nerf)

Excellent, Well done, at first sight the only thing make worth a try of this patch... I hope and it would be nice  it's not permanent all these changes or need 8+ months for a change...

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 2

Funny thing though, how they completely destroyed pmg with this patch. It used to be the longer range/more accurate smg, but now it gets outclassed at all ranges by oca/whisper.

I don't mind it from a personal standpoint, I don't use pmg that much but from a balance perspective I think this change wasn't given proper thought.

3 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

Funny thing though, how they completely destroyed pmg with this patch. It used to be the longer range/more accurate smg, but now it gets outclassed at all ranges by oca/whisper.

I don't mind it from a personal standpoint, I don't use pmg that much but from a balance perspective I think this change wasn't given proper thought.

Maybe they buff it someday, but now... i think pmg users have to get rest 😄

On 9/12/2020 at 12:51 AM, Selali said:

Weapon balance is a tricky beast at the best of times but that being said

@SelaliI think everybody understand and appreciate the effort the staff is giving to making better this game.

But before to touch other weapons, in my weak opinion I would suggest before to start to pass to other task to give a look for example at the last shotgun balance, because after months I guess what we have in this department is just a half work.

Jg has been balanced well and do it's just pretty well but seem OP comparing to other shotguns for how they are bad, talking for using your words in last patch "it is crowding out other viable gun choice", Thunder and Showstopper are bad for being RNG incostistent and almost no one  is using it.

-DOW THUMPER at best kill one with a full mag if it's turned back and close so much to you it has to be glued to you.

For example it's not a big surpraise nobody want to buy it, it's selled for 300/500k and nobody buy it, more and less same for Thunder, the main difference is just is newer and there arent less more available in Social.

Shredder is still struggling for a role.

CSG is a half job well done.... the accuracy reward if your aim is decent (EXCELLENT this part ), but with a TTK of 0.75 in close range, where do want to go?

Please give a thought to it if possible in future, Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

@SelaliI think everybody understand and appreciate the effort the staff is giving to making better this game.

But before to touch other weapons, in my weak opinion I would suggest before to start to pass to other task to give a look for example at the last shotgun balance, because after months I guess what we have in this department is just a half work.

Jg has been balanced well and do it's just pretty well but seem OP comparing to other shotguns for how they are bad, talking for using your words in last patch "it is crowding out other viable gun choice", Thunder and Showstopper are bad for being RNG incostistent and almost no one  is using it.

-DOW THUMPER at best kill one with a full mag if it's turned back and close so much to you it has to be glued to you.

For example it's not a big surpraise nobody want to buy it, it's selled for 300/500k and nobody buy it, more and less same for Thunder, the main difference is just is newer and there arent less more available in Social.

Shredder is still struggling for a role.

CSG is a half job well done.... the accuracy reward if your aim is decent (EXCELLENT this part ), but with a TTK of 0.75 in close range, where do want to go?

Please give a thought to it if possible in future, Bye

Bring NFAS it's old glory, I wanna rage quit at it again xD

Srsly, only automatic shotgun which is still decent is Ogre. The chances to get kill with NFAS is the same you mentioned, just a bit better lol.

Also, why Thumper can't be automatic? It's basically NFAS, and it's unique mod reminds me the one which New Glory has imo. 

This thing is unplayable...

HELLO

I'm very excited for this patch! Finally a breath of air from this heavy PMG meta.

Personally i think rather then nerfing the snubnose, put a bolt-timer on all shotguns. I'm not saying that this isnt something you've thought about and maybe is to come, i really hope it is 🙂

PS. please buff norseman pretty please

18 hours ago, 404 said:

Manic was a bit too strong, though i do agree it could have just used an accuracy nerf instead.

C2 should have less accuracy, and honestly, it's always been considered worse than the OCA and PMG, so we'll probably see more OCA's than C2's anyways.