Sakebee

Weapon Balance

Some good changes, some strange changes.. but for the life of me I can't fathom why you would buff the N-TEC and Carbine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Did you ask the green district for help making these changes?

No need as long as you continue with your hot takes. 

5 hours ago, Nagletz said:

How about to make a test district for these changes?

As you said, we tried this. 

The sad truth is people didnt use them. 

Everyone loves complaining about balance passes, but no one wans to put in any work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Of course there will be mixed feelings about gun balancing, some people main the PMG and they are upset it got nerfed as an example,

This is completely natural and this update is a welcomed step foward to bringing back APB: Reloaded to its former ''glory''.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 1

Decent patch. Too bad the game is dead because people don't feel like spamming "Join District" for 10 minutes before they get to play (definitely not any of the potential new players).

• Like 1

OCA is overbuffed.

ACT44  was already useless. now is worse than snub.

Obeya CR762 shoud be nerfed like Obir.

6 hours ago, Nagletz said:

How about to make a test district for these changes? You did this before with shotguns and ntec, but now changing entire meta arsenal instantly, not that I'm really concerned, but there is way to many nerfs  (and it makes me sad, ruining some non-op weapons, again)

IMO you could start with buffing mentioned bad guns, and then take care of the rest...

This was done many times and barely anyone was testing, even prior to LO taking over, rather than waiting many weeks on data of one itteration it is done together with the SPCT now to go through itterations within a reasonable time so balance can continue and evolve until a good set of stats is found.

4 hours ago, Machine659 said:

all reskins like ffa r&d , dart, bolt will be nerfed too ?

Yes all reskins are affected by these changes.

• Like 2

I like these changes on paper for sure. The only thing I don't get is the changes with the scout and the heavy HVR.

I like that the damage is finally getting lowered but I feel like 50 dmg is not gonna be enough, the main problem with the overkill dmg making it very hard to play against no matter what weapon you use. But it's a step in the right direction in my opinion.

The scout on the other hand was fine as it is, I can't see what you're trying to achive with the damage buff, i get the QS nerf but brining it "in line" with one of the most broken weapons in the game (Heavy HVR) is a rather questionable move.

We will see how it plays out on live but that's the feeling I get from looking at the numbers

Edited by Boxo

Still not gonna make shotguns 3stk?

sigh, the snr nerf is good? i'm not sure, it was a funky weapon now it lost it's funk

obir with less ammo : | so bandoiler 3 instead of tagger i guess

rest i could care less about, I don't see the meta changing to much (oca still op ntecs still the most used weapon in apb)

But what do i know, O yeah nothing let's wait and see Fingers Crossed.

Can you add Headshots etc to give the game more options to defeat the opponents?

Some (weak) weapons should have bonus damage by to Headshots.

The ACT44 need a little damage buff. Take 4 shots takes to long. Other pistoles can kill faster.

5 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Can you add Headshots etc to give the game more options to defeat the opponents?

Yea, the game hasnt had HS for 10 years. lets just add it now eh? wouldn't require any dev work or change the games character at all🙂

Edited by Boxo

6 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Some (weak) weapons should have bonus damage by to Headshots.

The ACT44 need a little damage buff. Take 4 shots takes to long. Other pistoles can kill faster.

yeah, leeet's .. not do that

>Bolt timer on semi auto marksman rifle

what the hell?

edit:

and you buff carbine? lol thanks for the buff I guess. now people going to get pissed off at the good players again

Edited by Alani
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alani said:

>Bolt timer on semi auto marksman rifle

Bolt timer might be the wrong word here but guns like the Strife shotgun also have this, in short, it was introduced to help with Snipers switching to secondaries immediately but was introduced to other high damage output per shot (or in this case burst) if they saw similar playstyles.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No need as long as you continue with your hot takes. 

Everyone loves complaining about balance passes, but no one wans to put in any work. 

Fair enough, but it's caused by lack of online, and probably people wanted some reward for testing (aka just play normally with changed stats)

42 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Bolt timer might be the wrong word here but guns like the Strife shotgun also have this, in short, it was introduced to help with Snipers switching to secondaries immediately but was introduced to other high damage output per shot (or in this case burst) if they saw similar playstyles.

ah okay cool i guess

Still thogh the carbin buff is not needed at all. The carbine isn't used mostly because of the learning curve. Instead they should have just finally turned the COBR into the automatic carbine instead of the half patootie rifle it is now

• Like 1

Is COBRA still viable after this patch compared to other weapons? Cant decide to go for scout or cobra.

2 hours ago, Boxo said:

The scout on the other hand was fine as it is, I can't see what you're trying to achive with the damage buff, i get the QS nerf but brining it "in line" with one of the most broken weapons in the game (Heavy HVR) is a rather questionable move.

Scout's damage made it a fairly unforgiving weapon. Given that a CA3 player only have to survive maybe 2 or 3 seconds between Scout hits to survive a second consecutive shot, I think a little bit more over damage wouldn't hurt it. The HVR has the opposite problem - it's far too forgiving. You can hit the 1st and 6th bullet in an HVR magazine and still secure the kill.

Again however, I am struggling to understand how you can nerf the OBIR and HVR but not Obeya - the latter is already one of the most dominant weapons in the current meta. With the nerf to Ursus and HVR, it will shine even further at those medium-long engagements.

11 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Is COBRA still viable after this patch compared to other weapons? Cant decide to go for scout or cobra.

Hard to say without playing - I'd imagine the nerf to the PMG will help it out, as well as the ATAC nerf, however it will have to now compete with more accurate OCAs, Carbines and N-tecs. I doubt its overall standing will change significantly.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 1

Can't still understand why so many guns will be "balanced".

This game didn't received big updates since years, please don't destroy it even more, make sure to do a better job under the scenary and to test rightly the things related.

Only the joker store upgrade could have been cool, you don't need and you can't change the whole game in one day, this is really a stupid move and you keep making them, which isn't positive.

Maybe adding 4/5 >>Brand New<< clothing items in addition to those you will add from Armas.

Im not asking much i think? Peoples like me have everything alredy and the change about the joker store, while being cool, is useless for us.

Not talking in detail about the "balance" thing.. you are changing too much and the thing is the community will be confused even more than before.

So, thank you as always.

That's all.

Edited by AlishaAzure

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

They could give better rewards for playing there, or at least give doubled money, standing and JT rewards.

20 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

You like to get your patootie handed to you or are you sweaty pro? Stun grenades are fine right now, throwing them effectively to further distances is pain in the patootie due to terrible trajectory, that's the downside despite being able to stun enemy with a one nade.

It's not incredibly hard to toss a stun nade 70m, so I'm not sure what you mean there. They are also one of the best corner camping tools, as you can one shot anyone that isn't wearing flak. I use them all the time as they're the only dedicated stun option (Hopefully EMP grenades can function as an alternative), and I've found them to be incredibly cheesy. Nerfing them down to 850 still allows you to follow up with any dedicated ltl weapon. It would still stun with single shot, or two in the CCG's case, so they'd be perfectly serviceable as an ltl mainstay still, while not having them be annoying. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

They are also one of the best corner camping tools, as you can one shot anyone that isn't wearing flak.  Nerfing them down to 850 still allows you to follow up with any dedicated ltl weapon. It would still stun with single shot, or two in the CCG's case, so they'd be perfectly serviceable as an ltl mainstay still, while not having them be annoying. 

Sure they are, however there are no any other advantages when you use them, unlike with other nades, so 1 shot stunning ability is fine, considering that criminals can free each other, besides using full ltl loadout at the moment is a huge disadvantage, you can be only competitive against average silvers and everything below that.

18 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Sure they are, however there are no any other advantages when you use them, unlike with other nades, so 1 shot stunning ability is fine, considering that criminals can free each other, besides using full ltl loadout at the moment is a huge disadvantage, you can be only competitive against average silvers and everything below that.

I like to think that outside of launchers, 1 shot tactics don't belong in the game at all. With the little synergy there is between normal an ltl weapons, it's probably best to use an ltl weapon when using stun grenades anyway. Lowering the stun damage would just remove a pretty cheap playstyle.

Edited by Leefekyn

4 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Hasnt really been viable at all, and they nerfed the jump shooting on it that was already crap. Oh well Game is almost dead anyways

tho they say there are more changes in the future. SPCT I assume are in charge of these changes(to an extent)? If so Ill leave that alone.

Edited by Valkyrja-

That PIG nerf has me happy, lots of interesting changes here. I will be interested to get into game and try them again once changes go live.