Sakebee

Weapon Balance

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

It was always better and it got the same nerf to its equip time as the 3ps3 one so the 3ps3 one will still have the upper hand in equip time, nothing has changed in that regard.

.45/scout quickswitch with 3ps3 killed way faster than CJ3, now it's nerfed. just takes away versatility from the weapon, and makes mods that are already powerful, more powerful.

damage buff wouldn't be necessary if clotting 3 didnt exist, equip time nerf seems very questionable for the scout.

2 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Also how the Obeya CR 762 rifle remains untouched is wild, considering how huge a patch this is.

Yeah it's quite forgiving weapon as long as you can maintain RoF, even then it's nearly a lazer gun with quite high overdamage.

1 hour ago, Ashika said:

PMG now has less full damage range than OCA ... where is the logic? You are just killing PMG.

oh boi... i think it's time for you to learn how to aim then :)))))

well it's nice that LO has finally decided to play around with guns.

you should also look at those weapons that were once op and now are just trash.

*cough* troublemaker *cough*

50 minutes ago, Kempington said:

I'd like to politely ask people to go try these changes out when they're live and see what experience you have with them, rather than jump to conclusions from figures.

We try our best within the time frame to test as many possibilities, match ups and options as possible. We won't get them all, there's simply too many. The changes made were thoroughly thought and debated, until a conclusion was met with each.

I would encourage people to try them out when live, rather than throwing shade on them now before the changes have even happened. It's very easy to read the figures on paper and assume something is now useless because it got nerfed.

We're going to be very interested to see how this plays out in the larger environment and how the changes are received after people have tried them.

to be honest, these changes are really nice in my opinion. some of them are kinda useless on the paper tho. like for example the cobra nerf or the damage nerf for manic. (I understand you mainly were talking towards the complainers of snub nerf and all that, but still felt that i should address these as well)

These are extremely heavy changes but admittedly APB:R has always had the weirdest meta if you look at it objectively. There's so much weird, unintended stuff that you have had to know. I'm not opposed to giving the weird combinations a bit of a kick!

• Thanks 1

So very rarely used weapons like SNR and PIG will be be even less useable now, you could have compensated these nerfs with some buffs in return.

• Like 1

Haven't finished reading the article, but had to come make a post about that Whisper change. Why was the min damage range dropped as well? The base OCA min damage range is 50m, there's literally no reason the Whisper's min damage range should be shorter than that. The only problem with the Whisper was the effective range was 50m for some reason (compared to OCA's 30m), other than that it was literally just an OCA with the silencer mod (as it was always supposed to be in the first place).

Edited by Hexerin

2 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

So very rarely used weapons like SNR and PIG will be be even less useable now, you could have compensated these nerfs with some buffs in return.

All in good time my friend

Edited by who
  • Thanks 1

Step by step the game is being ruined more, thanks to all little ones among us begging for nerfs and never wanting to improve themself. Just watch how aftee this patch a new wave of nerf beggers step in. It will never stop and thats not because of the game but because of these sad players who just want to pick up a gun and take kills while there is other players that actually improve their skills instead of b@&#ing for nerfs all day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Preme said:

Step by step the game is being ruined more, thanks to all little ones among us begging for nerfs and never wanting to improve themself. Just watch how aftee this patch a new wave of nerf beggers step in. It will never stop and thats not because of the game but because of these sad players who just want to pick up a gun and take kills while there is other players that actually improve their skills instead of b@&#ing for nerfs all day.

pretty sure "known" streamers took advantage of all OP guns. Instead of playing with all the guns available, they kept using those OP guns and they are "skilled" so i'm not sure what you're talking about.

I have seen streamers in the past  play 24/7 with nfas, trouble maker, shredder and atac.

Edited by Uhtdred

You're gonna use streamer argument? I mean if they actually had an influence on this game instead of just a meme sure. 

Also the "known" streamers I would say like Kemp and others dont 100% use OP guns all the time. That argument is just ...

Edited by Valkyrja-
added info

41 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

well it's nice that LO has finally decided to play around with guns.

the troublemaker is many things but not trash at all its still really strong actually.

i am so glad that all the people here complaining about stuff they have no idea about have no say whatsoever in any balancing.

Edited by HardStyler3

removed - Please avoid litigating moderation in a thread. PM me directly if you feel moderation was in error. 🐝 Sakebee

Anyway
another patch, another nerf to skilled players
I dont like the weapon balance patches
Every single one is bad and just makes it worse
Thanks to SPCT

Now my comment should be Contributory Posting : ) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My feedback may seem rude, it's not intentional, but I don't hold back much either, so bear with me and remember this is just an opinion:

Every time I see a "Weapon Balance" thread I prepare for a few face palms, this one, admittedly less so, so whoever is working on this is grasping APB's flow of gun play over time, however, for the bigger part, I still see LO's idea is to nerf most weapons to a weak balance rather than fix the few that were off charts and have what APB originally had as balance.

Ursus:

* Delay before bloom begins to recover: 0.075 -> 0.085 (Nerf)

it was not very viable close range, a nerf wouldn't have been bad, but this nerf affects its long range capability, thus I think it's a bad one. the movement penalty, if it does not affect crouched movement, then it's a good change for sure, if it does affect, then it's a bad imo.

OCA:

I said it quite clearly that it was a terrible move and finally now you can admit it too.

Whisper:

I think it's a good idea, consistency over power

PMG:

* Accuracy at 10m: 33 -> 34 (Nerf)

Yes, it was terribly OP in comparison to other weapons, but now with the scale back of OCA, this PMG's nerf will be an overshoot, namely, base accuracy is already somewhat bad, I think it should've been kept exactly at that, while doing the other applied nerfs

Cap40:

At initial release, this gun was quite acceptable, it was ever so slightly weaker than OCA, but it can be remediated by the fact that it has a piercing mode, but later on, it was simply unusable, the wording that it is due to Cooling Jacket is inaccurate, I use Reflex Sight 3 with it and it still is extremely unreliable and slow to kill, I'm not sure how much those buff numbers will change that but they seem too small

FAR:

Let's see how this turns out, I think the gun was much better balanced than NTEC-5 after all the nerfs, hopefully this will keep it that way

ATAC:
Makes sense, jump penalty would've made more sense to match COBR-A

NTEC-5:

Doubt this is enough to make it viable, but a start.

SNR 850 (Snub Nose):

Really? who the hell though to nerf this? the problem is clearly the shotguns being completely broken, not one of the worst and weakest pistols in game, in addition, snub's only role was that you could draw it quick. Fix the guns, don't break this tiny poop of a gun even more

OBIR:

The problem is not quick switching, it's also not the ammo pool, most certainly, the gun is extremely OP, accurate in most scenarios and extremely heavy damage, this "nerf" affects none of it's traits and it will continue to be just as OP, even more so when you nerf other weapons.

Scout:

This is an old problem, since some cryhards spammed the forum and removed the jump shooting and lowered the accuracy, this has been a straight downgrade from NHVR, even with your new buff, though it helps somewhat (with NHVR nerf), the equip time is change is pretty bad though,  the gun is not used for classic quick switching, switching happens rarely in somewhat close range (where Scout should differ from NHVR that it can still have hopes of fighting, due to mobility, that's the intended role & balance which was destroyed by G1), people switch to secondary to finish off the target, which is the normal secondary role.

ACT 44:

I think the ACT 44 was quite balanced, it certainly didn't feel OP, this is likely a bad move

PIG, NHVR, Manic, SR15, RSA & N-ISSR-B:

Let's see how that turns out

----Where the hell is the OSCAR nerf? I really hope you're cooking some mega nerf that's why it's not here yet, the gun is THE most broken piece of anything in APB, by far.

Edited by N66
forgot the most important point
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah thanks for SBSR nerf lmao.

Seriously, why you guys that focused on metas, and totally forgot about so called "shit guns", is that so hard to get attention on them?

Harbinger, ISSR-a, SBSR, Oblivion, non-silenced VAS C2, Misery, Curse, Rabid, Frenzy, SNR's accuracy, FR0G, should I fking continue this list? What a boring gameplay we had, but what a surprise we still got it.

Sorry, but such disrespect to other guns makes me mad, I still like changes u made, but... what's the point of it? 

• Like 1

That nerf of 50 health damage off the HVR-762 will do literally nothing. That's still 80% of a player's health with one tap, on a gun that makes no real sacrifices for that power (not that there's enough sacrifice that could be made for such absurdly high damage).

6 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

Seriously, why you guys that focused on metas, and totally forgot about so called "shit guns", is that so hard to get attention on them?

Harbinger, ISSR-a, SBSR, Oblivion, non-silenced VAS C2, Misery, Curse, Rabid, Frenzy, SNR's accuracy, FR0G, should I fking continue this list? What a boring gameplay we had, but what a surprise we still got it.

Please read the literal first few sentences of the blog post, ty.

Edited by Frosi

1 hour ago, PoshDoll said:

the c2 has never been trash people just thought so after it got nerfed from op status

might actually be one of the better balancing acts g1 ever did tbh, nerfing an op gun but only to the point that its decent and not worthless

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As an assault rifle player I would like to say towards these changes:

N-TEC 7 'Ursus' - meh

OCA-EW 626 - meh!

OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' -WHAT ):<

Colby PMG - okayish

Obeya CAP40 'Sergeant' - WHAT, THIS IS BUFFED? ):<

FAR - WHAT? ):<

ATAC 424 - an actual okay change that was a good step

N-TEC 5 - W-H-A-T??? I cannot >WAIT< to tell my friends that the N-TEC actually got a buff instead of a good stat change

Colby SNR 850 - meh

OBIR - an actual good change that was a great step

Stabba - PIG - dead, completely overnerfed the backbone of LTL and no matter how hard I try with the tg-8 the reduced control AND the more bullets needed just can't work for me. LTL is officialy dead(er)

N-HVR 243 'Scout' - an actual okay change that was a good step

N-HVR 762 - an actual okay change that was a good step

S1-NA 'Manic' - an actual okay change that was a good step

Joker SR-15 Carbine - meh

ACT 44 - W-H-A-T ):<

Colby RSA - what, that acc regain is insane ):<

N-ISSR-B - meh

STAR: (10->25) (Nerf) - W_H_A_T D:<

FAR: (10->25) (Nerf) - W_H_A_T D:<

ATAC: (6.5->18) (Nerf) - :I

COBR-A: (7->12) (Nerf) W_H_A_T D:<

Obeya CR762: 100 -> 105 (Buff) - okay

Colby M-1922: 280 -> 300 (Buff) - okay

R-2 Harbinger: 25 -> 28 (Buff) - wait so you know this gun exists?/ okay

NFAS True Ogre: 84 -> 90 (Buff) - meh

RHD LS1 Corsair: 32 -> 35 (Buff) - meh

SBSR Rifle: 35 -> 32 (Nerf) - WHAT ):<

SBSR Sniper: 35 -> 32 (Nerf) - WHAT ):<

FAR Reserve ammo: 128 -> 120 (Nerf) W_H_A_T D:<

guess the meta now consists entirely of smg's, snipers and Ntecs. Yea no im good for a while apb

15 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Please read the literal first few sentences of the blog post, ty.

Oh yeah, it's just a part of a changes, sure we have to wait few more months to see these weapon changes which require... Just. Few. Simple. Logical. Decisions!

WHY?

@Sakebee

"With the OCA changes also affecting the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' variety, it was important to ensure that this gun still had a special function that made it feel distinct from the base model.

Since Cooling Jacket (a common choice for close range weapons) can't be used on this weapon, we've increased the accuracy of the gun significantly. This allows it to function as a more accurate yet slower variety of the OCA."

With this in mind, would you consider making the Joker C9S EX-III JT2 PR1 reskin from joker store a whisper? As it stands, it's a silenced normal oca which can not benefit from red mods but also doesn't have the innate benefits of a whisper.

yeah it's a cool skin but still worse than whisper or normal oca

• Like 2

I think any change to the staleness of the game is great even if I disagree with some of these. I don't play "meta" much anyway so apart from the carbine buff I don't really care that much. I hope to rejoin the game with the reworks of my non meta guns some day.

I expect there to be tweaks and I hope it gives a breath of fresh air to people that still play.