Sakebee

Weapon Balance

33 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

0pFcd8V.png

Sorry, we do not need more bullets, we need much less recoil.

• Like 2

Why AGAIN touch and then change/ nerf the meta guns when we have 3-4 of the armas or contacts weapons are absoluty garbage.....

TELL ME WHY?

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

Hey everyone,

Here is the second article on our big patch this upcoming Wednesday (9/16). This article covers our ongoing efforts to dial weapons in to a healthy place. Read all about our changes and our reasoning behind them here:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2020/9/11/weapon-balance

🐝 Sakebee

is there a third article??

14 minutes ago, claude said:

so now CJ3 scout is just gonna be better lol

it nerfs the one thing the 3ps3 scout does better than scout with cj3

It was always better and it got the same nerf to its equip time as the 3ps3 one so the 3ps3 one will still have the upper hand in equip time, nothing has changed in that regard.

• Like 1

Super excited to see the new changes in live. It's literally nearly everything we asked for. And don't listen to these silvers. I literally cheered. Thanks for this patch.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Why AGAIN touch and then change/ nerf the meta guns when we have 3-4 of the armas or contacts weapons are absoluty garbage.....

TELL ME WHY?

Ain't nothin' but a heartache

27 minutes ago, Vnight said:

oh great... more nerfing.

and to see most of you even agree with it, disgusting community indeed

the forum komsomols gonna rip u a part now beware..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Ain't nothin' but a heartache

...... 😡 ( I got the meme but really... , this is me right now thinking we are only at the beginning....😰 )

Edited by PingOVER9000

NHVR - 800 dmg

SCOUT - 600 dmg

Whats the point to use nhvr then??

Ahem, i gotto ask, WHY NERF THE COBR-A BUT BUFF THE CARBINE?

Accurate jump shooting allows assault rifles to have too much overlap in close range, where secondaries should be used instead. We are applying the same jump shooting nerf to all assault rifles depending on the functionality of the gun.

1. STAR: (10->25) (Nerf)
  2. FAR: (10->25) (Nerf)
  3. ATAC: (6.5->18) (Nerf)
  4. COBR-A: (7->12) (Nerf)

--

We decided to bring the Carbine back into the spotlight again by decreasing the inaccuracy per shot. This should make the gun a lot more viable for skilled marksmen and should allow it to compete with the OSCAR once again. We've also added 2 more magazines to the ammo capacity to keep it in the game for longer.

1. Bloom per shot: 0.23 -> 0.20 (Buff)
  2. Reserve ammo: 100 -> 140 (Buff)

Cobr-a is already so hard to play with its bloom compared to the carbine. The only upside is the range (50m vs 35m) and accuracy before shooting, this makes it more viable to use at a bit of range but you need to shoot so slowly to get hits on target. We'll see how this changes actual gameplay but I'm going to get obliterated by the carbine when using the cobra (instead of being smashed by the carbine when using the cobra). I dunno how other people feel but i hate the Cobra nerf.

I love every single other nerf/buff though (except snub cause it's bad already) especially the cap40 buff, I dunno how i feel about some guns but I'll see in-game.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Pekausis_ said:

Sorry, we do not need more bullets, we need much less recoil.

Selali mentioned that the tommygun changes didn't make it in because recoil curves are hard to work with and the stats for a revamped recoil took too long to implement and properly test. This is still on their radar, just not in this patch 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Selali mentioned that the tommygun changes didn't make it in because recoil curves are hard to work with and the stats for a revamped recoil took too long to implement and properly test. This is still on their radar, just not in this patch 😃

Very glad to hear it. 

sad to see the snub being nerfed ... would never putten that gun on 0.5 a 0.3-0.4 would of been enough tbh. about the rest ... im impressed tbh

51 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

NHVR - 800 dmg

SCOUT - 600 dmg

Whats the point to use nhvr then??

200 damage... its right there in front of you

Removed quote ~@mayii

Edited by Amayii
Removed quote
  • Like 2

Am I reading this right? The snub is going to have a higher equip time than a bunch of other secondaries without getting any kind of buff to even it out?

There's not much of a reason to use it now (in my opinion anyways). The FBW and RFP-9 have a 0.35 second equip time, the N-FA 9 and S-AS PDW have a 0.4 second equip time, and the the .45 has a 0.45 second equip time and are all much better choices than the snub even before the patch.

I can totally get behind the reasoning behind wanting to get rid of an exploit, but the fast equip time was the one thing the snub had going for it. It's damage may be slightly higher than the FBW but it can't hit the broadside of a barn past close range. I (personally) think that the equip time should be no more than the FBWs, and should have some kind of buff to even it out (slightly more damage or accuracy, something like that).

Otherwise I think these changes are good, but a straight up nerf to the snub this hard makes it non viable in just about every aspect.

Edited by n0vaxp2
Providing more details

37 minutes ago, Meterora said:

Ahem, i gotto ask, WHY NERF THE COBR-A BUT BUFF THE CARBINE?

Cobr-a is already so hard to play with its bloom compared to the carbine. The only upside is the range (50m vs 35m) and accuracy before shooting, this makes it more viable to use at a bit of range but you need to shoot so slowly to get hits on target. We'll see how this changes actual gameplay but I'm going to get obliterated by the carbine when using the cobra (instead of being smashed by the carbine when using the cobra). I dunno how other people feel but i hate the Cobra nerf.

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

The SNR really really needed a buff to go with this [needed] equip time nerf, it can't hit the side of a barn over 10m but you give it a worse equip time than any non-long range secondary? ;/

42b177e9e0.png

1 hour ago, quixxius said:

ehem.... What about snub? What playstyle will it fit now? oh yeah its back in dumpsters with old tommy gun

1 hour ago, Vnight said:

Oh great... more nerfing.

1 hour ago, Snubnose said:

this makes me sad 😞

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

TELL ME WHY?

There is a lot more balancing to be done, as you can tell this week mainly focussed on meta and standardizing a few things, there is underused guns in need of some love (Snub / Cobra for example) and this will be continued to work on as said in the forward of the blogpost, here's the exact quote from Sake.

"Before getting into specific details, it is important to stress that what you see here is part of an ongoing effort to dial weapons in to a healthy place. We are committed to cultivating a dynamic meta where each weapon style has a use. We've missed some weapons in the past when we've tackled this issue. It is likely you will see some weapons that aren't addressed this time around either. This is a process we will continue to iterate on, and your feedback is an important part of that process."

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2

I'd like to politely ask people to go try these changes out when they're live and see what experience you have with them, rather than jump to conclusions from figures.

We try our best within the time frame to test as many possibilities, match ups and options as possible. We won't get them all, there's simply too many. The changes made were thoroughly thought and debated, until a conclusion was met with each.

I would encourage people to try them out when live, rather than throwing shade on them now before the changes have even happened. It's very easy to read the figures on paper and assume something is now useless because it got nerfed.

We're going to be very interested to see how this plays out in the larger environment and how the changes are received after people have tried them.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

200 damage... its right there in front of you

Jesus, who hurt you?

Scout now will easily do nhvr job without a problem. My next item on purchase list.

Just now, wHisHi said:

Scout now will easily do nhvr job without a problem. My next item on purchase list.

Oh man you should own a scout anyways, super fun.

If the Ursus is gonna get nerfed and treated like a long range weapon, I'd like to see the range/dmg to be buffed up to be suitable for such use, because with the given changes, it will literally be rendered useless. Other long range weapons like the Obeya will be a much better option in this case since the Ursus will eventually be forced to be used as a semi-auto rifle with such stats but just suffer from inferior range/dmg.

I would actually love to see weapons buffed to the Ntec-5 & Ntec-7 usability, rather than nerfing everything. The Ursus is a BALANCED weapons, and other weapons should be balanced up to the Ursus' and Ntec-5's standards and usability.

Please LO, stop tinkering with unneeded changes, especially with weapons that have gained notorious reputation, not because of them being overpowered, but actually because some people put enough time and effort into mastering such weapons.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1